2001: A Mario Odyssey

Fine, how about Mario acting like a green-banded broodsac by coloring the eyes of the snail to be all brightly colored so gulls can snap off their eyestalks.

I keep saying, just have Cappy constantly hovering directly in front the guy hits the ball so the ball instantly rebounds to him.

if people are looking into this much overly complex and convoluted ways just to cheese these challenges so you don't beat it "legit", that probably means that the challenges themselves are terribly designed, don't you think

The Volleyball is, in my opinion, is the worst thing in this game. It's designed to waste your time. I absolutely hate it, even though I was fortunate to complete it within, maybe 3 tries? But I can feel the pain of people trying so many times to clear that one because the volleyball moves so freaking slowly.

100 jumps is believable, since you needed 30 jumps before, and the girls only sped up every 10 jumps. I got it without too much trouble. There was trouble, but not much. And I certainly didn't whine about it.

The 100 volleyball smacks is just ridiculous, though. You only needed 15 smacks for the first moon, and the guy speeds up for every 2 smacks. It's too much. I would have expected 50. That's half of 100, just like 15 is half of 30. It's the same ratio, too. 15 is 30% of 50. Sorry about the math. I'm a bit of a number-oriented person.

I quite enjoyed the volleyball one, you can spike the ball early on to speed things up and then you concentrate once you no longer have time to move around and just stand in the middle throwing your hat once you see where the ball is headed towards.

Took a few tries but it was satisfying to beat, the jump rope was boring in comparison.

Both of them sucked. But the Jump Rope goes by fast, so if you've mastered both of those games, Jump Rope will waste less time.

You know when there's something so stupidly hard that makes you put a game down for several weeks? That's what the Beach Bowl Challenge has done to Odyssey for me (especially since I refuse to continue getting the moonrock moons in each kingdom till I beat it). It's absolutely the worst thing in the game along with the motion controlled cap throws that are controlled way to similarly to each other. In fact, those two thing are related: my brother beat the challenge by using the spinning cap throw, but every time I try to do it, it works for a while until I tilt the controller in slightly the wrong way causing me to do the wrong cap throw and making me have to start over. What a pain. :mad:

I didn't beat the challenge with the spinning cap throw nor did I use motion controls. In fact, I barely used motion controls in the game. As Crackin' said, you just need to face the right direction, while standing in the middle. That's what I did. I think I did move a bit, but not much.

Actually, the jump rope challenge is easy if you do a glitch discovered not long ago. That's it:

I tried it, and it worked!

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1003713543991066624

This is a storyboard for the opening scene for Super Mario Odyssey.

And that was the best anime Mario has ever appeared in.

I know it's Odyssey related, but the Odyssey levels replaces the 3D World levels in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.
https://nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-odyssey-levels-replace-mario-3d-world-stages-in-captain-toad-treasure-tracker/

The ending would be altered as well.

Not sure why they just don't include both.

Tennis Ball said:
I know it's Odyssey related, but the Odyssey levels replaces the 3D World levels in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.
https://nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-odyssey-levels-replace-mario-3d-world-stages-in-captain-toad-treasure-tracker/

The ending would be altered as well.

Sunshine Yoshi said:
I know for a fact Nintendo’s going to make some changes:
  • The ending will tie in to Odyssey rather than 3D World.
  • The first chapter of the Bonus Episode will show Odyssey levels.
    • Fossil Falls will replace Super Bell Hill.
    • Tostarena will replace Conkdor Canyon.
    • Forgotten Isle will replace Shadow Play Alley.
    • New Donk City will replace Clear Pipe Cruise.
  • The Switch will auto-unlock the first chapter of the Bonus Episode by searching for Odyssey data (instead of 3D World data, obviously).
    • The 3DS version will not have an auto-unlock feature, as neither 3D World nor Odyssey works on the system.
  • Every change shown in the Direct will be enacted.
Even though this is all just speculation, I’m positive it will happen.

Wow, called it.

Except for the Forgotten Isle thing, because we got Luncheon instead of that... not complaining at all.

Mcmadness said:
Not sure why they just don't include both.

I agree, space is never an issue in these game cartridges.

I guess they want us to forget all about the Wii U and only remember the games that get ported as Switch games...

At least they're being thoughtful for the huge amount of people who never got a Wii U and are giving them a chance to play its greatest games. The Switch has almost already sold twice as much as the Wii U, you can't deny its success.

Just a mice way to make money without working your ass off.

When it's put that way, it makes me wonder what the downside to also porting 3D World to the Switch would be. Captain Toad is based on its engine so if they got that working on Switch, getting 3D World on there should be a matter of just copying over assets and minor enhancements. I guess it might be considered competition to Odyssey but not really, they are two different styles of 3D Mario. It's just that the open and linear styles have never co-existed on the same system.

Heck, with Captain Toad on 3DS they could even port 3D World to that using 3D Land assets where applicable, though there would need to be new assets made still. Just remove the multiplayer co-op since that would be too much of a hassle to implement on 3DS. In fact if they really are worried about competition for Odyssey on the Switch, this might be a better play.

Fawful with a Monster in Peach's Castle said:
When it's put that way, it makes me wonder what the downside to also porting 3D World to the Switch would be.
It would be rubbing in the face of Wii U owners.

I don't understand the whole "Nintendo Product A competes with Nintendo Product B" affair. Logically, Nintendo products can't compete with each other because Nintendo gets the money either way. Simple as that; 3D World cannot be competition to Odyssey in any way.

I honestly hope that they never port another Wii U game to the Switch. Besides, the main reason a lot of people skipped the Wii U was because they lost faith in Nintendo and bought a PS4 or XB1 instead. Nintendo is only supporting that by porting Wii U games to Switch.

Nintendo products certainly can compete with each other. If you get a copy of a Nintendo game, you don't automatically get the other one as well.

Back