2001: A Mario Odyssey

And they used it sparingly. If the whole game looked like that I'd be annoyed.

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1055977732847230976

https://twitter.com/mario_odysseyJP/status/1055942396242874368

Cappy and Tiara are cute when they spin.

There are also 39 8-bit Luigis and Captain Toads in the concert stage in "A Traditional Festival". It a limited time event, from October 27 to November 7. So if you want 7800 coins (plus 780+ coins for the second time onward), here's your chance.
DqhUO_5VAAERj4Y.jpg

One year after release, we still call this thread "2001: A Mario Odyssey".

Spooky Octo-nite8 said:
One year after release, we still call this thread "2001: A Mario Odyssey".
That's because it sounds cool. That's been our name ever since it was formally announced at the Switch presentation. Before that it was just called "New 3D Mario" because we didn't know the name of the game.

Good now that's a complete game for $60 for once.

Yo said:
Now that it's the game's 1 year anniversary, I can confidently say that...there will be no DLC.
:'(

...Sequel anyone?
I didn't need DLC for Odyssey. I just want a sequel. Considering Galaxy 2 came out three years after Galaxy 1, I'm thinking Odyssey 2 should come out in 2020. A sequel is inevitable, considering that the game has an incredibly high attach rate.

Or maybe not, can't really assune myself.

Odyssey is a complete game and could really stay its own thing. Tbh as much as I liked Galaxy 2, it was kinda unnecessary especially because of its predecessor.

By the way, there's an anniversary event going on right now. You can go find 39 8-bit sprites in the NDC festival to earn thousands of coins, and there's also a free Cappy Hat in Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp! There's also a special video in the news feed, so you should check that out.

Happy (slightly belated) birthday, Super Mario

Also, Zombie Mario is here!

Yo said:
Ghostly Yoshi said:
Also, Zombie Mario is here!

Um...

Yo said:
Booted up Odyssey to see not only the leaked Zombie Mario outfit, but also new snapshot mode filters! Am I going crazy or did they just add something besides costumes for the first time since February?!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh...I just got my Switch back online for the first time in about a month, so I didn't get it earlier.

https://twitter.com/LuigiOdyssey/status/1055927838812131329
DqdoxCEX4AcbhGd.jpg:large

EDIT: why and how the fuck do I keep scaring everyone off with my posts

Not surprised that this scene is not in the final game.

I am glad they are not getting married. Mario is better single.

I prefer to keep the main cast away from canon relationships so we can have our own headcanons in those areas anyway. But I find Mario x Peach (along with pairing the spares Luigi x Daisy) among the most uninspired cliche pairings in the series. But I do think they could've done the ending without being such a tease to Mario x Peach fans. Like having Bowser try to attack again and have Mario take Peach to the Odyssey, take off and be the end of it. No implied wedding but also no implied rejection.

there was shipping related rage when they didn't get married too, so damned if you do, damned if you don't. And that's shipping in a shellnut.

The reason why there was shipping rage is because they even mentioned a wedding.

Honestly, tho, with Super Paper Mario, how is it possible that I almost never see any Bowser x Peach?

I don't see 'em but maybe it's because all the filters are on.

Just assume the worst, it'll make living easier.

The aspect that I find detestable about relationshipping is how fans can get riled up with not only their preferred relationship being debunked from official material, but they could even become hostile to one another because of a conflicting preference. I hate to see fans divide over something like relationshipping, because fans hating each other over petty differences is a sad thing to see.

Princess Mario said:

I thought you believe Mario is better with Luigi?

Thank you for reading.

What I find amusing is people who are all like "if they got married then they couldn't do the kidnapping plot anymore" which is an absurd notion.

winstein said:
The aspect that I find detestable about relationshipping is how fans can get riled up with not only their preferred relationship being debunked from official material, but they could even become hostile to one another because of a conflicting preference. I hate to see fans divide over something like relationshipping, because fans hating each other over petty differences is a sad thing to see.

Princess Mario said:

I thought you believe Mario is better with Luigi?

Thank you for reading.
Oho people get really nasty over disagreements all the time. People express it in different ways. Getting mad over pairings is on the petty end, at least in the Mario fandom. Yeah I know there's one person among us, Pwwnd123, who made a petition over Mario marrying Peach, but there's worse, such as fans petitioning to cancel Paper Mario: Color Splash (even more pathetic because this can have ramifications for developers) or fans sending awful death threats and harassment to people who give Breath of the Wild a 9/10 or something (Jeff Gerstmann got death threats and calls to be fired for giving Twilight Princess an 8.8/10, look at all this shameful absurd nonsense by posters for an opinion they disagree with). Hell, someone fabricated a 7/10 review by Jim Sterling for Super Mario Odyssey and Sterling got flack and controversy for doing literally nothing.

My point? People don't tend to take simple disagreement very well. The shipping thing is only one part of the overall world of fandom.

As for the other question, I mean romantic pairs, and yes, even if you try counting THAT, Mario is still better single and Luigi is better single and they're best being brothers.

Mcmadness said:
What I find amusing is people who are all like "if they got married then they couldn't do the kidnapping plot anymore" which is an absurd notion.
Pffft like Bowser cares about the legal provisions outlined in a couple's postnuptial agreement. Just imagine Mario yelling after Bowser "YOU CAN'T DO THAT! YOU'RE VIOLATING WITHIN SUNSET PROVISION, KIDNAPPING HASN'T BEEN NOTARIZED AND WE HAVEN'T EVEN DECIDED ON CHILD CUSTODY!!!" And Bowser just laughs and flies away and Peach is yelling, "You can't do this! I'm married!"

That would be Mario's response, when Peach is screaming at Mario to do something while Pauline is getting grabbed by DK.

Back