2001: A Mario Odyssey

Swiftie_Luma said:
I wonder when does Peach get her outfit change.

Maybe on the climax of the game?

My guess is either near the beginning or around the middle of it.

That fat rabbit on the left looks an awful lot like Morton but with crazy hair.

Oh, and I don't like how the female one has to be the "pretty" one. I thought we're past this shit, Nintendo.

Well LGM she is supposed to be the pretty one because she's the only female in the group.

LeftyGreenMario said:

Oh, and I don't like how the female one has to be the "pretty" one. I thought we're past this *bleep*, Nintendo.

I was talking about that in case no one noticed, even though it's obvious.

Koops the koopa troopa said:
Well LGM she is supposed to be the pretty one because she's the only female in the group.
Paper_Mario_Dizzy.png

That's what we feminists call "tokenizing" and that's reducing the small amount of females we have to shallow traits which include "they have to be pretty because they're female".

I don't know, I wouldn't give too much credit to these bosses who would probably be dead before you know them.

Bowser has had so many weird things working for him that at this point Rabbits isn't all that surprising.

LeftyGreenMario said:

Oh, and I don't like how the female one has to be the "pretty" one. I thought we're past this *bleep*, Nintendo.

I don't exactly consider the female rabbit to be on the pretty side. Maybe more on the gothic side if anything.

I think I found their tropes. I see the leader, the pretty one, the weird quirky one, and then the big tough stupid one. Am I doing this right?

That big tough just needs to be fat as well

So, yet another group of koopalings but rabbits and only 4.

Grunty Industries said:
Mister Wu said:

I think of this music track whenever I see this image.

*music*

Nintendo has been making Bowser's lairs have a more big, industrial city feel as opposed to the traditional lava castle. This was true of SM3DW and now of Odyssey.

LeftyGreenMario said:

It seems that their outfits are supposed to remind one of old-fashioned dress. The Morton-like one and the female one's clothes reminds me of 19th century dress while the others are more 1900-1950. It would make sense for her to look "pretty" if they were going for an old-fashioned feel. Either way, Mario characters are always extremely stereotypical, and the stereotype is to make the female the "pretty" one.

Mcmadness said:
So, yet another group of koopalings but rabbits and only 4.
Unlike the Koopalings, no amount of explanation of how Bowser procured these things is going to fit now.

Well one day Bowser was walking down the flea market....

At least rabbits are known for ----ing each other and having huge populations

Anyone notice Mario chasing the rabbit with a radish or onion? Looks like a nod to SMB2.

Glad that I'm not the only one noticing it:
SMB3CMKoopalings.png

SMO_Rabbits_Airship.PNG

NSMBW_Prologue.png

SMO_Rabbits_Quartet.PNG

Original characters, do not steal.

Also, fans of Bowser Jr., get ready, in the matter of 7 years Bowser's only children will be the Bunnalings.

I'm kind of curious as to why it looks like their flying inside a dome.

the koopalings got turned into bunnies soon nintendo will have forgotten that they were ever not bunnies

Bowser's children were bunnies. Bowser's children had always been bunnies. A large part of the political literature of five years was now completely obsolete. Reports and records of all kinds, newspapers, books, pamphlets, films, sound-tracks, photographs, all had to be rectified at lightning speed. Although no directive was ever issued, it was known that the toads of the Department intended that within one week no reference to Bowser's children being koopas should remain in existence anywhere.

Back