2001: A Mario Odyssey

Mcmadness said:
MnSG said:
Glowsquid said:
it's a reference to the seminal motion picture drama The Hottie and the Nottie

I don't remember hearing about that movie. Maybe that's why I was very confused.

oh for the love of....
I have no idea what the problem is with people not knowing certain movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y8AnpXFi2k

case anybody missed it

Lakituthequick said:
Mcmadness said:
MnSG said:
Glowsquid said:
it's a reference to the seminal motion picture drama The Hottie and the Nottie

I don't remember hearing about that movie. Maybe that's why I was very confused.

oh for the love of....
I have no idea what the problem is with people not knowing certain movies.

Because there´s none. It´s just that some people tend to forget we are not part of their lives and we don´t really need to know or like what they do know or like.

Yeah but for crying out loud, it's 2001 A Space Odyssey. One of the most famous sci-fi stories of all time.

Then you need to get out from under your rock.

This is so ... ummm ... whatever.

Yeah , whatever.

Moving on to the game again , i wonder what´s the origins of the new bunny-like enemies.

They seem to be dressed to match Bowser (gross) so i wonder kind of affiliation they have with him or if they would act as a replacement for the Koopalings in this new game.

Their probably just a bunch of rabbit dudes working for a bigger rabbit dude who probably works for Bowser.

I think you'll probably fight all 4 within the grass world as mini-bosses who will then lead up to the big boss of the area.

I don't think I'll give these four much attention since they appear to be wanna-be Koopalings who'll probably appear only in this game aside from a few games, just like most newly-created bosses from 3D Mario platformers past Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine to an extent.

I hope there is a story, even if it's simple. And more importantly characters that talk, as that really adds immersion. I hated how Mario 3D world and 3D land had NPCs but you couldn't talk to them. Hopefully Miyamoto has more of a lose grip on restricting this game's diologue this time around.

If NPCs can be talked too, this looks like it'll be amazing.

Am I the only one smiling when looking how Peach hugging Bowser by one hand? It doesn't look like she feels very uncomfortable in his company. ;)

:peach:: Wellllll, it has been the hundrenth time, so I guess I should make my kidnapping a little bit more pleasant.

I needs to have the JUST MARRIED sign on the back of it.

holy fuck this is actually a thing

nintendo actually went ahead and called their next game "Super Mario Odyssey"

it sounds like a failed comic convention omg i love it and hate it simultaneously

Well I saw the trailer and I think I'm gonna take this with a grain of salt because it's still early before the release (just like what happened with Force Awakens). All bets are down, anything can happen.
I hope there's a bit more interactivity and variety in the urban part we could see because I see taxis everywhere.
As for the Koopalings, I doubt that Nintendo will replace them with bunnies, heh heh.
Other than that, its all cool man

I think that the bunnies are all polished up for Bowser's wedding. And I bet Bowser recruited them by bribing them with powerful royal roles, in exchange for them to help stop Mario from ruining his wedding plans.

Since some enemies seem to come from the 3D World/CTTT engine, I'm secretly hoping for Shy Guys to be here. But knowing Nintendo, probably not. Ninjis are becoming a bit more common though (Super Mario Run), so they might get in.

Or maybe Nintendo are just gonna stick to focusing on new enemies. Who knows at this point.

If only that Mario skin mod also came with an animation mod to make him "life-size" too.

This is always how I wanted Mario Odyssey to look. Seriously, this would be pretty sweet.

Though the comments section (predictably) sucks. People can't take a joke.

Luigi 64DD said:
A game with swearing in the name? "Super Mario *Bleep*", rated M for Violence, strong language, etc.
Looks like Glowsquid found some gameplay footage for it.

LeftyGreenMario said:
This is always how I wanted Mario Odyssey to look. Seriously, this would be pretty sweet.

Does that include the strippers and getting drunk and stumbling out the back door at the bar?

Mcmadness said:
LeftyGreenMario said:

Does that include the strippers and getting drunk and stumbling out the back door at the bar?
Obviously it's the hardcore ultra-gritty Mario reboot people have been demanding for years.

My best bet for the mechanics for the game is gonna be a huge emphasis on hats. Mario's hat now has eyes, Bowser throws his hat in the trailer, the rabbits have hats, random enemies have hats... It could be a stretch, but I imagine hat upgrades would be present rather than traditional power-ups.

Back