Super Mario Run

Swiftie_Luma said:
1 word to describe the NSMB series ... ''Bah''
One of those things in the series I like.

I don't share that opinion with a lot of people, sadly.

I don't mind too much. It's just that they dialed it up in New Super Mario Bros. 2. Almost like they're parodying themselves.

I think it's cool but I just hope they don't quit making them on actual consoles lol.

They said that they weren't going to put a full game on mobile, those games will only be on their dedicated systems. I think that's a smart move since it keeps the 3DS relevant and allows them to benefit from mobile at the same time.

I notice that the backgrounds don't animate here like they do in NSMB U, or even NSMB 2.

Phone should easily be able to do dynamic backgrounds. Is it because of the budget?

Who knows? Anyway this does look good actually and who cares about the graphics the gameplay seems pretty innovative honestly

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I WANT IT I WANT IT K<JDNMJDK<JSBNDJKM<BNJK<DBNSMJNDBSK<SBNDJFVDFGDSTYXHJCV
Too spammy, could get me banned.
But still, I really want it.

dear god that music is fucking terrible, otherwise it looks tolerable, but id rather play rpgs on my phone

The music is not very spectacular indeed. I feel like they recorded all the NSMB-style instruments and just have to put the music together as a midi, resulting in this rather meh music.

I wonder what that building part with the Toad Rally was for.

Hahaha, I didn't have any high expectations for this music. I got what I expected, lame ass music.

But where are you getting the ten bucks from? I checked around. Is it the whole "unlock everything" fee or something? Even so, ten bucks is so hard to swallow, especially that I bought freaking Left 4 Dead 2 for a lot less.

$10 seems like a reasonable price to me.

Not going to get it because I don't care for runners but the game looks harmless enough.

Swiftie_Luma said:
I would imagine that whey would include more characters later , that would make this sell a lot more.
Rosalina equals MORE MONEY!
Daisy equals SOME MORE MONEY
WAAA EQUALS POKEMON GO'S SALES!

If more playable characters are added through frequent updates, I'll be happy.

I wonder why Toadette is the referee instead of the "referee" Lakitu. Since 2014, Toadette gets more recent appearances.

PeDaRoYs said:
I wonder why Toadette is the referee instead of the "referee" Lakitu. Since 2014, Toadette gets more recent appearances.
Since the mode is called Toad Rally, I think Toadette makes sense.

Lol, thinking these guys think that I'd blow 10 bucks for stuff in a game like this.

No thanks. I can't think of any other runner phone app worth that amount. Hell, even the Rayman Runners cost like only three bucks.

Nintendo took the complaints about the bah-bahs too literally.

Well, at least we have new hand drawn artwork, even animated this time:

Super_Mario_Run_Toad_Drawing.gif

By the way, the model used for Mario in the CG artwork is not that of Mario Sports Superstars, but rather that of Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (which is similar but slightly different from that of MK8, as I then discovered) as you can see looking at the patch with the "M" on the hat:

Mario_-_SuperMarioRun.png

Mario_Soccer_-_MarioSportsSuperstars.png

Mario_%28Jumping%29_-_MTUS.png

I wonder if the Mario Sports Superstars or the Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash model will be the one used in artwork for the future Mario games (honestly, I'm also wondering why we are seeing 3 new CG models for artwork of Mario in the span of 2 years, without counting the Super Smash Bros. one that is a separate story since Melee; I can understand replacing the MK8 model which might have been made by Marza Animation Planet, but the MT: US model doesn't look that outdated to me...),

honestly that animated artwork is sloppy as shit as its so badly animated, come on nintendo.

I like the handwritten-esque style. Though I don't like how Nintendo thinks a proper running animation is Mario moving his legs around while his torso is frozen. Looks awkward.

As for that post, Mister Wu, have you looked into the artist? You know how Mario Kart 8 is made by... Marza Animation Planet? Maybe Ultra Smash is by that company as well (which is responsible for Mario Kart 8 artwork, and Ultra Smash artwork looks incredibly similar). Maybe Sports Superstars is used from 3D World artwork, though it doesn't seem as plasticky.

Back