Super Mario Run

He can long jump too apparently.

ZOMG THIS IS THE PRECURSOR TO SM64/SMSS-STYLED 3D MARIO PLATFORMERS

This is really cool.

My hopes for more playable characters are raising. Yes , im a bit delusional thinking that they could include Rosalina , but one can always dream , at least that does not sound as unlikely as Fawful in ''insert any Mario Spin off ever here''

LeftyGreenMario said:
ZOMG THIS IS THE PRECURSOR TO SM64/SMSS-STYLED 3D MARIO PLATFORMERS

Forget that, more acrobatic moves (assuming they'll change level design) is some of the new mechanics 2D Mario needs. I can imagine levels being designed around ledge-grabbing and such, I think it would be really interesting to see it work in a 2D Mario platformer, surprised to see these moves working first in a small mobile game like this rather than a full game.

Of course, I'm not impressed by the artistic design of the game to differentiate itself from the New Super Mario Bros. games in spite of all the mechanic changes, so we'll see if the environments will still be too overly insipid in Mario platformers.

Swiftie_Luma said:
This is really cool.

My hopes for more playable characters are raising. Yes , im a bit delusional thinking that they could include Rosalina , but one can always dream , at least that does not sound as unlikely as Fawful in ''insert any Mario Spin off ever here''

I think that's all characters, really. This app releases, what, a week from now? Besides, all the current cast are safe choices, including Yoshi. They all had appeared in a New Super Mario Bros. game before. They're not exciting.

No , i mean like as extra content.

Apps always have updates and etc that add more stuff , thats what i mean.

I mean, it's possible that they add more characters through updates, but I honestly wouldn't hold my breath for it.

Like, I want to be wrong about those hunches but that's how I feel right now.

Seems like Ninji is getting a resurgence in coming back. It did make an isolated appearance in Paper Mario and Mario vs. Donkey Kong, but funnily enough, it did reappear in Paper Mario: Sticker Star out of all games. Since then, we're seeing them again.

Here's a live-action trailer:

Was it me or this trailer copied the debut trailer of Pokémon Go, especially the Time Square scene?

I'm happy that Yoshi is playable, IN SOLO! And also Toad, as in the real Toad.

Yeah, I think Luigi, Yoshi and Toad were chosen because of existing NSMB assets being available. For Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Wario, Waluigi, etc. to be playable, they would have to make and test all new models and abilites.

PeDaRoYs said:
Here's a live-action trailer:

Was it me or this trailer copied the debut trailer of Pokémon Go, especially the Time Square scene?

I'm happy that Yoshi is playable, IN SOLO! And also Toad, as in the real Toad.

How much you wanna bet that trailer had a bigger budget than the game itself?

SOLO PLAYABLE YOSHI IN A MARIO GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TAKE MY COINS NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously it's been a long ass time since Yoshi was playable.

TB100 said:

Not really, the dude was last playable in Mario Party Star Rush :P

Seriously though, the character roster is the definition of safe and unexciting, especialluy compared to games such as Sonic Dash.

memoryman3 said:
TB100 said:

Not really, the dude was last playable in Mario Party Star Rush :P

Seriously though, the character roster is the definition of safe and unexciting, especialluy compared to games such as Sonic Dash.
I meant playable in a Mario platformer. the last time he was a seperate playable character (& Not a glorified power up like in Most Mario platformers.) in one was in Super Mario 64 DS. and that was 12 years ago. (I kinda screwed up when i said Game, so i apologize if i created any misunderstandings.)

You're forgetting that Yoshi has his own platformer series, which is still fairly alive and well.

You know, unlike a certain other character :wario:

Baby Luigi said:

when is wario land 5 (or 6 if you count shake it even though it didnt have a number, i dont because vb wario land didnt count either)

Baby Luigi said:
You're forgetting that Yoshi has his own platformer series, which is still fairly alive and well.

I blame Warioware.

Mcmadness said:
Baby Luigi said:

I blame Warioware.
And Game & Wario halted the WarioWare series. (and Ashley continues on, because of her recent appearances in Badge Arcade)

I know we're getting off-topic, sooooo...

...what do you think of the live-action trailer of Super Mario Run?

Baby Luigi said:

No i haven't. I know the Yoshi series very well, (I've played almost of the Yoshi platformers except for Yoshi's Story.) Hell that's why i was so happy he's playable in a Mario platformer again because he's a fun character to play in those games.

That's a reason I called him an extremely safe choice.

Also I have huge bias against that animal.

memoryman3 said:
Yeah, I think Luigi, Yoshi and Toad were chosen because of existing NSMB assets being available. For Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Wario, Waluigi, etc. to be playable, they would have to make and test all new models and abilites.
It's not just that, they'll need to give Peach and Rosalina ponytails and give them new outfits much like with Roll in Mega Man Powered Up (she had her ponytail since creation), or Maria Renard as in Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles on PSP as examples. Daisy will need a new outfit though.

Back