Super Mario Run

Yoshikoolkid said:
I dont no how to do anything but dis here im new so i dont rely no how ANYTHING WORKS

I no dis has doesint have ANYTHING to do wif Mario run but plz welp meh plzzzzzz

What's the matter with you?

FrozenDragon150 said:
Ah, I love proprietary, closed source stuff :/ so simpler to manage, no need to waste brainpower on it.

There's a reason I love Nintendo and console gaming in general as well as Apple instead of PC gaming and Android and such.
Have fun with them restrictions then. Especially with Apple. I don't see how removing headphone jacks or working with iTunes music management makes it "simpler to manage". In fact, Apple products are designed to make it a total pain in the ass to manage. Got something broken? Can't do anything about it, because everything is locked by a proprietary screw so screw you, buy a flipping new one. Apple is the grand master of planned obsolescence. Nintendo products are also a pain in the ass to manage, but they don't come with their own headphone jacks or SD cards or USB slots or SIM cards or phone network or some *bleep* like that.

FrozenDragon150 said:
Anyway, this doesn't look so bad for a mobile game, not my cup of tea, sure, but not zomgNintendogobankruptmotherfloopers
Thankfully, no one here is unironically expressing doomsday for Nintendo just because Nintendo is trying something different this time and they don't like it.

Striker Mario said:
Thankfully, no one here is unironically expressing doomsday for Nintendo just because Nintendo is trying something different this time and they don't like it.
Ok, you wanted it.

This is the future (and past) of Mario:

Looks kinda standard for a game, for both Mario and mobile standards.

Apparently it'll have a level editor and that sounds cool. Either way, I'll get it to try it out.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09/09/11-things-we-learned-about-super-mario-run

The game is directed by Takashi Tezuka. Hideki Konno is the map director too.

This is kind of crazy. Here are the previous Mario games directed by Takashi Tezuka:

• Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario All-Stars
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Miyamoto says this is a Mario game made by veterans. The only other time a Mario game was directed by somebody who hadn't directed them in a long time was Super Mario 64 (directed by Shigeru Miyamoto).

Ok, now that Tezuka is finally directing Mario games again, might we ask Nintendo if he can direct a 2D console Mario game too? His last three (SMB3, SMW, SMW2: YI) were, like, groundbreaking in my opinion.

I hope that can change the direction the 2D Mario platformers are on.

I don't get it.

Mario, Luigi, Toad, Toad.

i got sick at the NSMB stuff reused YET again in this ... soon i will end up throwing out if they include Toad clones as playable over Nabbit or Peach.

I don't mind the NSMB stuff getting reused this time since it's a phone game. If this was the next full 2D game then I'd definitely be irritated.

My bet on the chars are: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad and Rosalina. Maybe add Toadette or something immicky like boo or dry bones.

superlumiella said:
Sylveon said:
My bet on the chars are: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad and Rosalina. Maybe add Toadette or something immicky like boo or dry bones.

Switch out Rosalina with Wario
Nah switch Daisy with Wario and Waluigi.

Uh, I like Rosa and all but I wouldn't want her on another plataformer as a playable character. She's way, way too overused and that makes her lose her mystique :(

Back