What things do you regret doing on the wiki, forum, or etc.?

There's still items that can be salvaged from a "dumpster fire", as you see it. Please try to listen and learn from what other people are telling you, as opposed to brushing it all off with "I never should've said this to begin with".

I could make a comment about you misusing this thread to complain about people telling you things you don't want to hear...

...but to be honest, if it occupies you enough to stay home and don't risk spreading COVID-19 to your community, I'll happily let you be.

Where do I begin?
Well, for starters, I need to apologize to @Ray Trace whom I was an absolute S*** Head to, I'm sorry. So I use to double post, delete and repost messages, spam people to post, not read the rules, God mod, Steal characters, fight, stick my nose where it doesn't belong, spam, spam, spam. Post spammy topics, I was rude, Not learn from my mistakes, make images too big, Tried to micromanage, the list goes on, if you guys can't forgive me, that's fine, I'm sorry. 😢

Being homophobic, I never really was exposed to LGBTQ+ culture and I'm not myself. And godmod. Oh god, the godmodding. It's awful. I'm sorry.

nothing too much but if i had to choose one thing i'd say being overenthusiastic about telling people why i think super paper mario is personally and nonpersonally a really cool game (although i still believe that,) plus generally being too argumentative on the forum at first

don't sweat it, okay? and I hope none of the arguments tried to drive you away either because I get worried about that

nothing too much but if i had to choose one thing i'd say being overenthusiastic about telling people why i think super paper mario is personally and nonpersonally a really cool game (although i still believe that,) plus generally being too argumentative on the forum at first
Don't worry about it. It's great to enjoy games! And it's great to show that love for your favorite games. While not everyone will reciprocate your enthusiasm for the game (me included), we'd never want to stop you from enjoying it. You have the right to have fun playing games, no matter how popular said game is.

Seeing as I've been on here for two and a half months, here are some things that I regret:

I wish I had joined sooner. I suppose that the community was too good for me, or I was worried that I wouldn't fit in, considering my lack of social skills. I also wanted to join the 'Shroom since early 2019, but I lacked the confidence to sign up and become a part of it until very recently.

Being a bit too active. During April alone, I made over 1000 posts. Sometimes, I feel like I made a post just for the sake of making a post. Nowadays, outside of the counting and elimination boards, I don't post too often, so I would say that's not an issue anymore.

I also feel like I tried to become a part of the community to the extent that I basically forced myself into anything just to integrate with other users and participate in any way I could, instead of taking a bit more time to plan my steps going forward. While this had got me to become a part of the community, which I'm glad about, I can understand if the transition was too sudden.

On the other hand, I had the opportunity to meet a lot of people during these two and a half months, and I'm glad that I feel like at home here now. I didn't expect to fit in as well as I did.

far from the worst thing. it's harmless. take that with a stride.

also i remember sharing personal info on that page, so when i became more mature i immediately removed it.

I can see that the information here is clearly dated tho.

For the record, you still liked Bleck back then apparently, before considering him the epitome of stupid.

Opinions run in the family do they

The link to your user page sends the user to:
Code:
www.marioboards.com/?action=profile
Which on the old forum, would send the user to their own user page, rather then yours.

I regret creating the thread "don't go in it". If you don't know what it is, I was asking of how to get a free eshop card, because I've seen multiple videos going in websites that you see a user getting a free code, but I've just realised some things were fake, but I didn't give up because of the idiot I was, and because I had nothing to do. But this thread could've lead to dangerous account stuff and it could've inspired many other users here, and they would end up having stolen account money or something, which would be because of me, and now I regret ever creating this thread ever.

Last edited:
You're not an idiot, you're a victim. Scammers are crafty and like targeting inexperienced people, and all of the blame is on them for taking advantage of people like you. We were all in this situation before, where you think a scammer is a legit person, because that's how they're specifically designed, to trick you. This is a learning experience, to learn the signs of scammers, and this won't be the last encounter you will have with a scammer in life.

I've got my computer infected with malware a lot of times, and I felt like an idiot for getting that torrent with a lot of seeds. I knew I was playing with fire by torrenting to begin with, but. you are not stupid, you can learn, take these as learning experiences on how to spot scammers in the future.

Okay, I've been thinking about posting this for awhile and I think it's time for me to do it.

I'd had an account here in the past where was I was fairly active but ended up getting permanently banned because of just how much of a rude and immature asshole I was. The mods know who I am (and I'd rather not make my old identity public and if any of y'all know/figure it out, please don't publicize it, I'd rather leave that stuff in the past) and I'm grateful I was allowed back here at all.

Anyways, as you'd expect, I regret how much of an ass I was back then and how goddamn rude and abrasive I was to people here who I only disagreed with over something as minor as video games.

And, while I said I'd rather not make known my old account (and lots of y'all here now joined way after I got banned), I'd still like to issue a general apology for my actions from back then.

I, uh, I may actually make know who you are. Welcome back to the forums, and everything is forgiven about you. I like your posts around here a bunch, and I think you've certainly improved from your initial behavior. I'm not going to tread on past wounds, but rather take it as a learning experience on how to better yourself, and it clearly shows.

I was a bureaucrat briefly in 2009. I didn't do much with it, and went inactive pretty quickly.

I always got the impression that some resented me for that, but perhaps I'm simply being too hard on myself. Ancient history anyway.

I've only been here a few months, but there was two things I've regret:

Not being active on the Mario Wiki as much as other Wikis i'm part of. Also, for not joining earlier, when I started boarding as an hobby.

I need to apologize to somebody: @Dark Light. I'm sorry for being so annoying and writing pointless shit in conversations and on your profile. I promise I will never do that again from this moment onward. I'm sorry for forcing you into my roleplay along with other people. I hope you read this apology and forgive me for the stupid shit I've done. —MightyMario

I need to apologize to somebody: @Dark Light. I'm sorry for being so annoying and writing pointless shit in conversations and on your profile. I promise I will never do that again from this moment onward. I'm sorry for forcing you into my roleplay along with other people. I hope you read this apology and forgive me for the stupid shit I've done. —MightyMario
Your apology has meaning, but you need to make sure you improve as well to make it truly sincere

Back