What things do you regret doing on the wiki, forum, or etc.?

I regret mentioning Serene's Forest Forums on a topic I created for general Fire Emblem Discussion thread I created, it killed the chance of it being a full blown discussion about the series. That is the only thing that I regret as nothing else is bad and I don't edit the wiki.

I regret not joining in 2015, really. I waited until 2017 because I thought there was a 13+ age restriction here. I’m 13 now, of course, but I ended up joining at age 12.

Also, I regret that one-day retirement I declared last month.

Nothing to regret. We all make small mistakes like that some time.

Nothing at all.

All the things i consider i did wrong i already apologized for , but it let me see things differently. I definetly think i will always be vocal no matter what, but i'll try to turn it down a bit for the sake of the so called harmony.

More positively, i do regret not editing anymore.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Nothing at all.

All the things i consider i did wrong i already apologized for ,

Can you link me to your apology for this because I'm very curious about it

Now now, maybe she forgot about that one.

I've been here for a whole 10 years since yesterday, so naturally I've got a couple of things I need to get off my chest, here goes

So I remember that a while back (when I was a stupid noob) that there was a rumour that TFP was, uh, courting children (to put it in a much more suitable term that doesn't use the dreadful word used to define a dreadful person).

It was an entirely false rumour, but I was a gullible fuck who took that rumour as automatic truth.

From a short conversation on the Wiki between us two, he told me to stop spreading rumours, and i said that I wasn't spreading rumours.

I don't exactly know whether I was telling the truth or not when I said that I hadn't spread them, I'm partial to leaning towards me NOT telling the truth (considering that I've had a stupidly sordid past with telling the truth or lies), and I don't think that I really understood just how awful those allegations were, and that me believing them was absolutely horrendous.

Even the idea that I might have spread them around was just so disgusting and I really hope I didn't do that.

The point is that it doesn't matter if I spread them around, since we all know that it wasn't true and that TFP is legitimately a fantastic person, the point is that I believed them, I misplaced my trust and utterly let him down, and to that extent the entire community.

I literally saw the convo just yesterday and remembered why he sent that message.

It may not mean much anymore since it was so long ago, but to TFP: I am so dreadfully sorry that I believed those rumours, and possibly even spread them back then.

It's a mistake that shouldn't have happened, and a mistake that I hope I have never made, or make again.

Since Userpedia is now done, and thus my Administrator status doesn't mean squat anymore, I feel I should come out with this one.

The reason I feel that Tabuu advocated for my promotion to Patroller was because I complained about the fact that I wasn't being considered for a higher position in the Adminship to him in Chat.

Tabuu even told me not to say anything else, since I was dangerously close to breaking the rules about requesting a promotion.

This little complaint resorted in my getting promoted again later that year or next year to Sysop, a role that I had kept straight up until Userpedia's end just last year.

Whether or not you consider me to be a good Sysop or not does not excuse the fact that I did complain to Tabuu, and possibly manipulated him into advocating my promotion.

My complaint didn't warrant any sort of punishment (besides Tabuu reminding me of the rules), in fact it only rewarded me. Twice.

That standard is NOT in keeping with the way we worked on the Wiki. It does not set a good example to users, that if you complain you'll be able to get what you want. Acknowledgement comes from hard work, it does not come from what I did.

I am sorry that I manipulated you all, whether you are a User or Staff.

I realise that in my time I've been a whiny asshole within this community - if things don't go my way, I usually stamp and scream until they do, or I get warned.

This isn't the way users should act, and the amount of times this has happened to me, I'm surprised I haven't been banned yet (except for that one time on Userpedia, but most of my whining comes through the Forums).

In a short sentence - I'm sorry you've all had to put up with me. My godmodding, my whining, my weaseling out of shit, whatever. It's been a long 10 years.

But also thank you, for putting up with me, I'm not the nicest person to be around, but you guys helped me feel at home here.

Fidelroyolonda Smackonmybuddyboosters III said:
I've been here for a whole 10 years since yesterday, so naturally I've got a couple of things I need to get off my chest, here goes

So I remember that a while back (when I was a stupid noob) that there was a rumour that TFP was, uh, courting children (to put it in a much more suitable term that doesn't use the dreadful word used to define a dreadful person).

It was an entirely false rumour, but I was a gullible fuck who took that rumour as automatic truth.

From a short conversation on the Wiki between us two, he told me to stop spreading rumours, and i said that I wasn't spreading rumours.

I don't exactly know whether I was telling the truth or not when I said that I hadn't spread them, I'm partial to leaning towards me NOT telling the truth (considering that I've had a stupidly sordid past with telling the truth or lies), and I don't think that I really understood just how awful those allegations were, and that me believing them was absolutely horrendous.

Even the idea that I might have spread them around was just so disgusting and I really hope I didn't do that.

The point is that it doesn't matter if I spread them around, since we all know that it wasn't true and that TFP is legitimately a fantastic person, the point is that I believed them, I misplaced my trust and utterly let him down, and to that extent the entire community.

I literally saw the convo just yesterday and remembered why he sent that message.

It may not mean much anymore since it was so long ago, but to TFP: I am so dreadfully sorry that I believed those rumours, and possibly even spread them back then.

It's a mistake that shouldn't have happened, and a mistake that I hope I have never made, or make again.
bro ur good i dont even remember this LOL we still cool :)

e: out of curiousity can you post the conversation?

Anton said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
Nothing at all.

All the things i consider i did wrong i already apologized for ,

Can you link me to your apology for this because I'm very curious about it

Well considering that:

A) Read the bolded.

B) I got hate mail for that for like a week straight.

C) I never made an statement like that anymore.

D) It ultimately was solved in private.

I will say i'm ok. Though i find so funny that some can't let go of the past , can they? I don't owe you or anybody anything, so unless you got a real reason to try to catch me then i'd suggest to stop being shady for no good reason (that old post wasnt even about you, let that sink in)

So technically, you did regret it?

It being said that it was resolved in private is all that was necessary :)

Baby Luigi said:
So technically, you did regret it?

Yes and i will also say that it's shady for someone to act like i owe them anything when it's not even about them.

And then i'm the devil of the board, the irony.

i think its great that you've apologized, but it'd be even greater if you showed that you've learned from your mistakes. just by like showing it through your actions via not doing the same things and/or saying stuff like "i'm just good guy hated by the world" as soon as your done apologizing or even days/weeks/months afterwards

Swiftie_Luma said:
Yes and i will also say that it's shady for someone to act like i owe them anything when it's not even about them.

And then i'm the devil of the board, the irony.
I'll be frank, the question was a little confrontational here, but you responded well and clarified as appropriate.

I don't hate ya for the record and I try not hold your past against you, okay?

Hawkeye said:
i think its great that you've apologized, but it'd be even greater if you showed that you've learned from your mistakes. just by like showing it through your actions via not doing the same things and/or saying stuff like "i'm just good guy hated by the world" as soon as your done apologizing or even days/weeks/months afterwards

You know what, i was gonna reply with some snarky remark but i guess you are right.

I need to calm down a bit, my personality usually gets the best of me. I'm not going to apologize if i don't meant it and im not gonna promise changes if im not gonna make them. I guess it all just comes full circle at one point, there's more things in life than just being overly agressive on the internet.

I'm gonna take your words to try to work on myself.

Swiftie_Luma said:
You know what, i was gonna reply with some snarky remark but i guess you are right.
Wise.

And just think about this sometimes, especially when you're at GameFAQs.

duty_calls.png

Chiaki Oogaki said:

yeah, it's in two parts, there's not really much there tbh

https://www.mariowiki.com/User_talk:Neptune99#ugh - your message
https://www.mariowiki.com/User_talk:Super-Yoshi#YIDS_Rom - my reply

that's the only record i can find of the happenings, fair warning that i'm a massive dick in my part

i saw the message the other day and immediately knew what it was about, and i had a colossal guilt trip

Chiaki Oogaki said:

yeah, it's in two parts, there's not really much there tbh

https://www.mariowiki.com/User_talk:Neptune99#ugh - your message
https://www.mariowiki.com/User_talk:Super-Yoshi#YIDS_Rom - my reply

that's the only record i can find of the happenings, fair warning that i'm a massive dick in my part

i saw the message the other day and immediately knew what it was about, and i had a colossal guilt trip
damn
i seriously dont remember but i guess its been nearly 10 years from the time of these messages
anyway dont worry about it its the present that matters

-Not signing up in 2015.

-The first ten-or-so proposals I made on the wiki, especially that one where I got a bit too fed up with grammar and tried to destroy the singular “they”. I’m still opposed to the singular “they”, but I now see better solutions than the one I proposed, like how Kirby Wiki does it.

-Missing the punch line of the wiki’s joke of April Fools 2017. I’m normally quick to laugh at jokes, but that was different for some reason.

-Being almost completely inactive during summer 2017.

-Nominating Super Mario Galaxy for featurement too early. Now I’ll never get the article fixed up before the nomination ends. At least I didn’t nominate SMG2...

-That time last month when I just wanted to finally reach 1000 wiki edits and moved all these major game/series pages with hardly any approval at all. They weren’t unjustified, but they were poorly justified moves.

-That time when I announced my retirement due to a new firewall upgrade, and cancelled it the next day due to me finding a VPN. I should have gotten the VPN before announcing my retirement.

All this over the course of a single year...

It’s ok you know.

A lot of people including me change drastically over the course of a year, so it’s really not a big deal.

Can you think of any accomplishments to balance that out?

Back