Mario Party: Star Rush

didn't i tell you that mario party games usually have sexy boxart?

i'm glad star rush is at least continuing the trend, despite the game's quality not being up to par

I agree that it's a step up from Mario Party 10's boxart. But for now, this is the German cover. North America might not be lucky.

Thoughts: Diddy Kong, Rosalina, and Toadette are here. Toadette seems like a playable character, but the other two are a bit... ambiguous, but it seems likely they are playable too. I don't see Toad anywhere, huh... strange considering the main mode of this game. I like it how those characters are advertised as if you're going to be able to pick and choose them in the main mode, which is not really accurate to the truth.

my major issue with it, however, is that it's a bit of a false advertisement, considering toads are supposed to play a major role here, and yet they appear like every other character in the box, similar to how 9 has put them even though the game will probably play nothing like 9

Guys, Boo might not even be playable if we go by this.

mpsrcharacterselect.jpg

The four hidden slots are Toadette, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Rosalina. So...where does that leave Boo?

Boo wasn't playable in Mario Party 9 or Mario Party 10. It's a safe bet it won't be playable this time.

Not playable

Pretty sure this is the final screen.

we don't know if it will be used as a bonus amiibo for say color splash to give you an edge or something though

well then, point taken

we don't know what the boo amiibo will do in star rush yet though

At last DK is a playable character again (mightve been in mp10 though idk)

also diddy kong hasnt been in a mario party before either, has he?

June said:
At last DK is a playable character again (mightve been in mp10 though idk)

DK's playable again? nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

But he was in MP10.

June said:
also diddy kong hasnt been in a mario party before either, has he?
He was here since Mario Party DS.

This also the first Mario Party game where Rosalina appears in.

Um no?

Rosalina appeared first in Island Tour as a background character.

Returned as playable in Mario Party 10 and now in here.

Man guys, it's not like this board isn't a branch of a particular wiki that you can look up. >_>

This will be the first appearance of Yoshi in a Mario Party game.

On topic, this game doesn't really interest me.

June said:
Magikrazy said:
This will be the first appearance of Yoshi in a Mario Party game.

it's also the first time mario is a playable character!!
but mario is just a clone of green mario who has appeared in every new super mario party advance tour game that's been on the Nintendo eggsbox

Back