Mario Party: Star Rush

unfortunately, i see only two artwork of baby luigi because only 2 solo 3d artwork of him exists

siiiiiiiiiiiiiigghhhh

Is anybody also forgetting that they reused 2005 artwork for Mario Tennis Ultra Smash?

And that in the game itself (Star Rush) the 2D icons already exists as separate artwork???

Yep , this is totally gonna be the final box art.

There are many instances of reused artwork. In Mario Kart Wii, Peach's main artwork is basically her Mario Kart Arcade GP2 artwork reused (with her hair being straight instead being up in a ponytail) like she does in-game, in her biker suit artwork, and her character mugshot. Also her hair is down in the congratulations screen instead of being in a ponytail which makes it inconsistent since she never has it down in the actual in-game.

Why must they reuse artwork so much? Does Nintendo not have anymore artists to make more pictures? Or maybe it's just laziness and they think nobody's gonna notice that.
Like the voice clip reuse. Maybe that's trivial to some but I wish they wouldn't do that.

Chiflis von Nokonoko said:
Why must they reuse artwork so much? Does Nintendo not have anymore artists to make more pictures? Or maybe it's just laziness and they think nobody's gonna notice that.
Like the voice clip reuse. Maybe that's trivial to some but I wish they wouldn't do that.
I raise you this.
Petey_Piranha_-_Mario_Party-_Star_Rush.png

GalacticPetey said:
I raise you this.
Petey_Piranha_-_Mario_Party-_Star_Rush.png
Well finally! When was the last time Petey got new artwork?

infinite8 said:
Mister Wu said:
Well, the models for the artwork of Mario Kart 8 were made by Marza Animation Planet, after all...
http://www.marza.com/en/works/graphics
I checked this site. They also did 3D artworks for Splatoon. And also did artworks for the games published by SEGA.
They are a subsidiary of SEGA, and are the studios responsible for the animated cutscenes of latest Sonic games.
http://www.marza.com/en/about/company
To be clear, while SEGA making models of Mario characters was not surprising in the Mario & Sonic games, this is a whole new level, as the Mario Kart 8 artwork models are among the most modern models available of Mario universe characters. If you look at Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash artwork, the models there are heavily inspired by these models (they might actually be the same models, except maybe for Bowser Jr. - whose model has a skin without visible scales like the Koopalings, incidentally - and other characters not featured in Mario Kart 8 ).
And they also made at least some of the 3D models for the artwork of Splatoon, so pretty much two of the best selling Wii U games made by Nintendo teams have artwork done in part by SEGA. To me this is surprising to say the least.

EDIT: Of course, we don't know yet on which models they worked, and this is why I was on the safe side on the Wiki, but I wouldn't be surprised at this point if all the characters' models for Mario Kart 8 are made by Marza, as the quality gap with previous models is evident...

I think making good artwork doesn't consume as much resources as getting new voices. Sure, creating the models and textures in the first place is tedious, but once that's done, you're free to play with them.

I'm still surprised Nintendo got essentially a third party to do all those renders. This entire time, I thought they would be making them since they're professionals game makers themselves...

With Nintendo the voice department is very vague so its one of the things they clearly dont bother to much with.

They have the actors record for like 5 games in just 1 session.

Even more , in all the recent games we can hear Mario Kart 8 clips , Mario Party 9 clips , Mario Kart Wii clips and even some from Gamecube games.

The fact that the vast majority of their characters only have 1 voice actor or actress makes then reuse clips even from before 2010.

Its just that simple , once its done they pick 1 specific game to record again and repeat the cycle.

For example , they recorded voices for Mario Kart Wii , and even to this date all the characters featured in a 2015 or 2016 game have at least 1 clip in said game from 2008 MKWii

They keep reusing and reusing .

Now with Mario Kart 8 , they recorded again , and the characters now have those clips being reused over and over

we hear them in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash , in the Mini Mario game , in the Olympic games and most recently in the new Mario Party gameplay along with voices from MP10 , that also happen to be reused from MP9.

They are known for reusing clips over and over and over as they please; We have Arcade GPDX with Double Dash voices and even Rosalina has her MK7 voice.

it's not a recent phenomenon for them reusing voice clips. in the gcn era, a lot of voice clips were recycled from double dash (superstar baseball, mario hoops, partners in time, yakuman ds, super mario 64 ds, etc), sunshine, and mario party 4/5 (ddr mario mix).

i don't mind them reusing voice clips if the voice clips themselves are actually good. would like to rehear some of baby luigi's voice clips if i don't mind even though new ones are always gr8

http://mariopartylegacy.com/2016/08/other-modes-for-mario-party-star-rush-revealed/
Character Museum: Look at characters you collected, amiibo option, can use them as a main hub character.
Minigames: Free-for-all, boss, bowser, coinathlon options.
Toad Scramble: Various grid based boards, three worlds open in demo (grass, ocean, ghost house).
Coinathlon: Collect many coins in dedicated 60 second minigames, can use items to stop in tracks, every coin counts as space, three laps.
Balloon Bash: Be quick with collecting coins on this mini board, 20 turns, minigames at end of each round.
Rhythm Recital: Musical minigame using the touchscreen. Play famous Mario tunes. Each character has instrument.
Multiplayer: Download and local options, guest download data can be transferred to final game.

So

+Rhythm Recital could turn out good
+Guest download play being transferable to the base game sounds nice
+Character museum sounds fun I guess
+Coinathlon sounds interesting

-We have a watered down classic mode with no stars, no items (Balloon Bash) which reminds me of how watered down amiibo party is.
-No online play....again
-Only 4 player minigames it seems. This is the meat of the game, so that's extremely disappointing if you want a little variety in your minigames.

My opinions are still very low with this game, the biggest let-down was the minigames.

there will never be an online mode for mario party games

your best bet is netplay on a n64 emulator or on dolphin if that supports it

*drive by 'Mario Party DS will never be topped and you will spend countless nights quietly weeping into your waluigi body pillow because this existence is unbearable' shitpost*

Phi said:
*drive by 'Mario Party DS will never be topped and you will spend countless nights quietly weeping into your waluigi body pillow because this existence is unbearable' shitpost*

tbh i played a bit of mario party ds and it wasnt overly great

Mario Party DS IS the best handheld Mario Party installment though. To be fair, it does have to compete with Mario Party Advance, Mario Party Island Tour, and eventually, Mario Party Star Rush, none which are particularly strong Mario Party series games.

I do like what it has to offer, especially for a handheld Mario Party. It's single-card play is probably the best single-card play for the Nintendo DS, with next to no restrictions that force you to buy another copy to get the full multiplayer experience. Hell, it even offers multiplayer-exclusive modes, Pen Pals being the better one of the two, and they're a bunch of fun. The game itself has all the basic features you would expect from a Mario Party game, the boards, the items/hexes, the minigames, etc with some more stuff such as the collectables and single-player boss minigames.

Some of its flaws are its horrible, unfair duel system, where it plays out like a Battle minigame rather than a duel, where, if you land on a duel space, you could be dueling someone who has absolutely nothing to lose and you have nothing to gain out of it, because the roulette chose to duel for 2 stars when your opponent doesn't even have a single star. I hate the dueling system change in Mario Party 7 and Mario Party 8, they should have kept it like that in Mario Party 5 and Mario Party 6. The boards are some of the tiniest in the series, so they easily become boring to walk through, and because items are such a huge thing to do, buying multiple, say, Star Pipes in one sitting easily breaks things. I do like how you can buy both items and traps, though.

Overall, I think it's a solid Mario Party title that does its job.

Baby Luigi said:
Mario Party DS IS the best handheld Mario Party installment though. To be fair, it does have to compete with Mario Party Advance, Mario Party Island Tour, and eventually, Mario Party Star Rush, none which are particularly strong Mario Party series games.

I do like what it has to offer, especially for a handheld Mario Party. It's single-card play is probably the best single-card play for the Nintendo DS, with next to no restrictions that force you to buy another copy to get the full multiplayer experience. Hell, it even offers multiplayer-exclusive modes, Pen Pals being the better one of the two, and they're a bunch of fun. The game itself has all the basic features you would expect from a Mario Party game, the boards, the items/hexes, the minigames, etc with some more stuff such as the collectables and single-player boss minigames.

Some of its flaws are its horrible, unfair duel system, where it plays out like a Battle minigame rather than a duel, where, if you land on a duel space, you could be dueling someone who has absolutely nothing to lose and you have nothing to gain out of it, because the roulette chose to duel for 2 stars when your opponent doesn't even have a single star. I hate the dueling system change in Mario Party 7 and Mario Party 8, they should have kept it like that in Mario Party 5 and Mario Party 6. The boards are some of the tiniest in the series, so they easily become boring to walk through, and because items are such a huge thing to do, buying multiple, say, Star Pipes in one sitting easily breaks things. I do like how you can buy both items and traps, though.

Overall, I think it's a solid Mario Party title that does its job.

okay this sounds fair, its at least a pretty good game by series standards, as opposed to every other handheld incarnation

Yet another Mario Party that Nintendo tries to make look as pretty with some artworks but ends up being terrible like the last 3.

The best way to enjoy this kind of thing is to watch gameplay after it's out. Not worth the money , that's for sure.

Hope they put this in a Spaghetti-O's can later. ;)

MPST-German_Box_Art.png

Back