Mario Party: Star Rush

Interesting, I idn't thought I would take it for now, due to Mario Party game being less good, but given the good impression you have of the game, I think I'll take it when as soon as I can.
Better than Island Tour?

Baby Luigi said:
Annnnd no Toadette amiibo really stinks

Yeah, I know, but they still managed to make a Boo amiibo, and he isn't playable as a main. (We need :toadette:)

Toad Scramble is fun, though I charged through that only if I used that Mario amiibo. Otherwise, not a fan of those Duel Gloves at all. Once you get past that, it's pretty fun. They should've just made Ally Duels limited to minigames (which does happen if you grab a duel balloon). I still don't understand why amiibo is required to take control of your favorite while the rest are thrown into the pot when that should've been the default system. Would be fun if my opponents' leaders are Waluigi, Donkey Kong, and Wario rather than Toads and I use amiibos of them to get them playing, eh. At the end, the whole coins being converted to Stars really took me by surprise, so I won by a small margin against Normal (easy) computers.

Balloon Bash isn't as great as I hoped. The game is pretty generous with coins, giving you some coins even though you didn't win. The Balloons are pretty inexpensive (10 coins; you get 10 for 1st, 5 for 2nd, 4/3 for 3rd, and 2 for 4th) and worse, they come in bundles of two-three sometimes (10 coins per star) so it's really more luck-based than Toad Scramble when losing opponents accumulate all those coins from losing minigames and getting coin balloons. The item system also relies you to get a good roll and it's pretty luck-based too.

Coinathon is fun, though I certainly suck in Tribes and Tribulations (Bejewed ripoff) and computers like to peg me with fireballs (man I dislike those) and Kameks and Thunderbolts and so I sometimes didn't win because dat item abuse. It makes me glad the Spiny Shell doesn't exist. Blooper is useless like always, and if you're first, you'll get these useless crapheads all the time.

I like the game though. It's filled with the brim with personality. I never played Mario Party 9, 10, and Island Tour, but that kind of sucks because they probably have their fun moments like this game. Star Rush sounds like a step up from those three. In terms of minigames, it's much better than Mario Party 8.

Back