Mario Party: Star Rush

the box art isn't perfect, though.

it may have nice new artworks, but it's lazily put together:
CwVcWi3.png

they literally copy pasted a render of daisy onto a background without a shadow or even bothering about making her stand on the ground...

The Pyro Guy said:

CwVcWi3.png

they literally copy pasted a render of daisy onto a background without a shadow or even bothering about making her stand on the ground...

Oh my gosh, they're always screwing Daisy's face up. :eek:
Rosalina doesn't look so good either. :???:

Another one? Ugh.

Well, if they'll revamp stuff and make it more skill and less luck dependent, as well as having good minigames and interactive stages, I'll give it a shot.

If it's gonna be another rehash only with free movement, I want all the NdCube folks to get fired already.

The Pyro Guy said:

CwVcWi3.png

She could be jumping. But yeah why she is so far when every other character is bigger? It was already the cas in Mario Party 9 box art.

I hope people realize that Daisy will be in the background of some artwork on a tiny 3DS box that you probably won't be holding close to your face. I don't see why her stance or face is so important if you'll barely see her anyway.

The characters that are far away dont really need that much details in the facial expressions , it's jsut pointless for obvious reasons (they are far away , nobody will care as you can barely see anything)

It's only a problem when this renders are in Full resolution.

Rosalina is very well put in there , imo.

Picking on the smallest thing to complain is just irrelevant to me. Reminder this game has only 4 player minigames and looks garbage tier like the last 3 ... now those are legit complaints.

Meh, all Mario parties are pretty terrible.

Entertaining but terrible.

Lots of people actually.

The Pyro Guy said:

*img*

Man, don't be... uh...

a party pooper.

*runs*

Magikrazy said:
Mcmadness said:
Lots of people actually.
The only Mario Parties I've seen get some praise from critics are 1 and 9.

And even then they weren't exactly blown away by it.

Mario Parties aren't exactly thrashed either.

But I recall a point that critics treat the Mario Parties as single-player experiences, so they're not really giving Mario Party a fair opinion anyway.

That's clearly not true.

For starters , no matter what critics say , we , the people who played the games , know for a fact that Mario Party 1 is terrible compared to the sequel.

It's unfair , and causes blisters thanks to Minigames.

Mario Party 2 always gets more praise than Mario Party 1 . And 3 is a fan favorite too.

9 is bad , nobody liked it , but the minigames are way better than 8 , that's the general opinion.

Mario Party 6 is also a fan favorite.

I've played Mario Party 6 with my twin several days ago

It was probably one of the biggest laugh-fests we had all month.

Seriously, no critic can sway my huge enthusiasm I have for the Mario Party series, specifically 4-DS.

Last time I played Mario Party 6 I was playing a 20-turn game on Castaway Bay as Peach, and I rolled triple 6's.

I've always liked the Mario Party series, and 7 will always be my top favorite.

On-topic, this game doesn't look interesting to me, so I think it will be a skip.

My twin and I played Mario Party 6 on an emulator. It was Snowflake Lake, a 50 turn match of the Good Pals (Luigi -LGM- and Toad -me) vs the Wicked Bros. (Waluigi and Wario).

Their star count eventually dropped to zero due to Duel spaces and Chain Chomps, and their coin count was always close to zero thanks to the huge number of duel spaces and that ----ing hilarious Snowball fight happening space at night.

I can't even think about this entire match with a straight face.

Swiftie_Luma said:
9 is bad , nobody liked it ,

*buzzer*

I actually thought it was pretty good, but it could be better.

9 was the last decent Mario Party the world has seen so far, and somehow I have a feeling MP:SR won't exactly meet expectations.

In general , it wasnt really well recived.

Not talking about reviews , but fan reception as a whole.

It's perfectly clear that people don't like the car mechanic , or the fact that items are gone , maps are linear and boring and endless stuff that was removed since that game.

It belongs in the trash , i don't think somebody would be missing something important if they skipped it , same with Star Rush , 10 and Island Tour.

Swiftie_Luma said:
9 is bad , nobody liked it , but the minigames are way better than 8

I really like Mario Party 9 and the car mechanic. Mario Party 8 and Mario Party 10, in my opinion, are the most bad games of the series.

I still find it kinda funny Mario Party 8 was voted Best Mario Party this year in the Mario Awards. Until 9 and 10 came around, that was the "love to hate" Mario Party

It's like the Zelda cycle. Everyone hates the current game until the next one comes out, and that one gets hated and the previous game suddenly gets a ton of praise.

Back