Worst Mario Game?

I disagree. I think there is plenty they could do with the 2D Mario formula without drastically overhauling it.

I had the recent thought that Kirby could perhaps be the defining platformer for disgruntled Mario fans (introducing new concepts, interesting gameplay, appropriately challenging, and frequently experimenting with new platformer types like Epic Yarn and Rainbow Curse). Although again, a lot of other platformers qualify as well, so *shrug*.

Roger Smith said:
just cause you started the thread doesn’t mean you can do whatever you want with it, you still need to follow the rules like everyone else does

also you sound really bratty
OKAY, to an extent.
But if I was gonna revive this topic, it was either gonna be a bump or a duplicate.

you're only meant to bump threads if you have something relevant to say, rather than just
SuperDoom said:

SuperDoom said:
Roger Smith said:
please don't bump old threads just for the sake of bumping
It's my thread; I do what I want.

you're not alone, mods have the same type of thinking as you :^)

painfulbump

To be honest, I think the worst possible Mario game is one of the most obscure ones.

The Atari 2600 version of Mario Bros.:

MarioMB2600.png

woah nice graphics

Just looking at it makes me want to kill myself.

Out of the one's I've played I'll say...

New Super Mario Bros 2. First of all the game is too easy due to the fact they just give coins to you. Also it is too short. The Bowser fight was incredibly lazily done. I'd rather play Super Mario 3D Land.

I feel that Mario's Time Machine for the SNES is very unclear on its progression system, mainly because you have to fill in the blanks, and when that's done, select a time period for the item you retrieve, and when that's done, perform a surfing minigame to get to the era. Certainly an original method of time travel method, which is great. I imagine the PC version is similar to this game.

Thanks for reading.

Ah, the nostalgia.
Back when Mcmadness wasn't as cringy as SammyClassicSonicFan.
Back when Baby Luigi wasn't as Russian as Soda Popinski.
Back when I thought I was the youngest forum user (at 11).

Oh, right, the topic. (I mean I made it, so...)

Welcome to Maddio Teaches-a Typing!

I am not cringy. Da fuq u say?

Creature from the Depths of Hell Itself said:

I mean openly calling someone who is not cringy "cringy" without proof can easily provoke into doing things.

And I doubt anyone gets as cringy as SammyClassic.

Dream Stone Spirit said:
Mainline? Mario USA. Easily.
This guy gets it.

My biggest gripe with the game is the physics. Mario sinks like a rock as soon as he gets to the top of his jump, and walking has two speeds: Walking and Running, meaning there's no momentum to Mario's movement when gaining speed, but for some reason he takes longer then usual to come to a halt or turn around (not ice physics bad, but still pretty bad).

The worst one I've played has to be Super Mario Run, as it had a lot of potential and wasted it. Truly disappointing.

Back when Mcmadness wasn't as cringy as SammyClassicSonicFan.
sorry for making him cringy as hell

what is so bad about being russian

Baby Luigi said:

what is so bad about being russian

Absolutely nothing.
Also LGM should never stop liking Mario (impossible, I know).

Anyway, as several people have mentioned, Mario USA. I don't get why people want it as a theme in Mario Maker, it just downright has some of the worst physics I've seen from a Mario game.

I'm not sure if the Advance version improves on things because that's the version I played.

Sticker Star, may not be objectively the worst but unlike most other "bad"entries, it served as a new standard, lowering the bar tremendously for future Paper Mario games and even seeping itself into the M&L series briefly. Until its influence is reversed Paper Mario will never capture the magic that drew me in, so it's MY worst.

Back