Worst Mario Kart Track EVER?

The stupid Japanese-style traffic also means the turns are kind of blind, and you might end up crashing headfirst into that car in the first hairpin turn, especially on the first lap.

I still like the course, though.

Easiest choice of my life, Baby Park on the DS. The Double Dash version's fun, it's got the special items and that's really it! But here's every gripe I have with the DS version.

- It's got 5 laps instead of 7.
- Most if not all of the special items are gone.
- The track was made wider than the OG.
- Made Mario Kart 8's and Tour's more horrible than they shoulda been!

If I had to go outside of the retro category, then Figure-8 Circuit for sure.

I don't HATE any particular course, but recently I don't care for Rosalina's Ice World. It seems like every time I play MK8 Deluxe online I play it multiple times. Some fun elements but I am just bored with it :/

I'd say the worst track for me is Rainbow Road. It's so hard to make those turns without falling off. Frustration...anger......despair.

Last edited:
Easy. Wario's Gold Mine (original Wii version). I'm glad they significantly improved this track along with Toad's Turnpike in Mario Kart 8, but here's why I hate the Wii version of this track so much, making some MandJTV references along the way.

-At least with Toad's Turnpike (in the original N64 version), you can restart the race if you're getting bodied hard, and it's only the first track of that game's Flower Cup. This track is the last track in Wii's Flower Cup, and it almost singlehandedly ruins the Flower Cup in Wii. If you get screwed over on this track, you have to quit the game or hit the reset button and restart the entire Flower Cup.
-The track feels uncomfortable to drive on, as you feel like you will be knocked off the course. This problem is made even worse if you're using an slow and light vehicle like the Booster Seat (slowest kart in the game) or a nearly impossible to control vehicle like the Phantom (outside drifting bike that has the worst drift in the game).
-Because Mario Kart Wii has twelve racers on the track instead of eight like in previous games, this just exacerbates the previous problem I mentioned and significantly increases your chances of being screwed over by items (though this applies to any track in Mario Kart Wii, but it's especially problematic on Wario's Gold Mine).
-On the topic of items, the new items introduced in this game that I consider to be the worst items in the series (the Mega Mushroom, POW Block, and Thunder Cloud) only serve to make this already atrocious track even worse. The POW Block is at its ABSOLUTE WORST on this track. Can't you tell I have a SERIOUS AND PERSONAL VENDETTA against the POW Block in particular? Oh, need I mention that the Thunder Cloud is even worse than the POW Block by nature? The fact that the Thunder Cloud is the worst item in the series due to it being designed to harm the user alone is already unacceptable, but combining this with the fact that other races are likely push you off the track due to nature of its extremely uncomfortable feeling, especially if you're using a lightweight, makes it SO MUCH WORSE.
-The minecarts. Oh, don't even get me STARTED on these abominations. They block off the shortcut half the time, and Arkoos (Arceus) help you if you run into just one of them, because then your race is over. Kiss your chances of winning a race on this track, let alone getting a one Star rank or higher on the Flower Cup, goodbye.

I absolutely despise Wario's Gold Mine in Wii specifically, and I would just like to see the Wii version of this track get Land's Wrathed by Zygarde and Oblivion Winged by Yahvultal (Yveltal), god of DEATH, alongside the original N64 version of Toad's Turnpike.

Worst would be a majority of SNES tracks, with the Vanilla Lakes and Bowser Castles jostling on the throne. (Bowser Castle 3's MK8D rendition is an immense improvement though)

The most boring for me is Rosalina's Ice World. never cared about it and Piranha Plant Pipeline should have had its spot in the booster course pass

Honestly I cannot name one that I hate. I have my preferences but overall I don't think there's a single track that I outright dislike. I guess I don't like the desert ones that much? Just cause I don't generally like desert levels in games.

Back