Worst Mario Kart Track EVER?

Rain

You spent your entire time reading this.
Just wondering :P

The N64 version of Yoshi Valley gets my vote

every track in super mario kart except for rainbow road because that feels original compared to the rest of the tracks

Shy Guy Beach, that level was garbage

Baby Luigi said:
They wanted the worst track not the best

Midna said:
every track in super mario kart except for rainbow road because that feels original compared to the rest of the tracks

Pretty much this, but also N64 Yoshi Valley (not MK8's version, that was fine).

Shy Guy Beach from Mario Kart Super Circuit and Sherbet Land from Mario Kart 64. Okay, not in their original games, but they suck in Mario Kart Wii. Cause literally the whole track is off road, so a large amount of vehicles get screwed over simply for being 'unsuited' to these tracks.

For ones which are poor design wise... well, I never liked Yoshi Falls much in any game. Too bland. And Shroom Ridge is just nowhere near as cool as Toad's Turnpike, Mushroom Bridge/City or Moonview Highway.

Mario Kart 64's Rainbow Road had rails so therefore the worst Rainbow Road

Asgore said:
Baby Luigi said:
They wanted the worst track not the best

yes, the best track is the one that is either fundamentally broken (ala the claim that the game can't keep track of your race positions because the course complexity broke coding, that's horrific design btw) or developers intentionally doing that just to be a dick

pick your poison

Wii Rainbow Road, Moonview Highway, Peach Beach, Choco Island 2, N64 Sherbet Land, DK Pass, Yoshi Falls, both Wuhu tracks, and Rosalina's Ice World are the ones I hate the most.

CM30 said:
And Shroom Ridge is just nowhere near as cool as Toad's Turnpike, Mushroom Bridge/City or Moonview Highway.
I think Shroom Ridge is criminally underrated thanks to its great tune.

For me, I'm going with either Choco Island 2, Yoshi Valley (only the N64 version), Yoshi Falls, or Cheep Cheep Lagoon.

i don't have a definitive 'worst' but here's certainly 1 track in each game that i will never like at all.

MK64 - Frappe Snowland

MKSC - One of the ice tracks that i forgot about

MKDD - Sherbet Land

MKDS - Choco Island

MKWii - Shy Guy Bitch

MK7 - Maka Wuhu

MK8 - Donut Plains 3

The Double Dash!! Rainbow Road.

It is such a major pain in the ass. I always keep falling and fail. It's even more of a pain in the ass in Mirror Mode.

Awesome music, tho.

i like toads turnpike for nostalgia but whenever i choose it people im with hate me

Swiftie_Luma said:
MKDD- Sherbet Land

Why? It's very sparkling!

Well, the N64 Sherbet Land just makes me barf.. but WHY this?

Moo Moo Farm/Meadows. It's just not imaginative enough like Electrodrome or Rainbow Road.

SuperDoom said:
Moo Moo Farm/Meadows. It's just not imaginative enough like Electrodrome or Rainbow Road.
To be honest, with Electrodrome we're talking about a Techno disco in the middle of a city with Larry Koopa as DJ and dancing Shy Guys, Piranha Plants and Koopa Troopas, complete with upside-down sections, it's a bit of an outlier with respect to the other tracks in MK8...

I'm still thinking about some of the worst tracks (with SMK Vanilla Lake 1 being surely on my list...), I'd guess that conceptually Baby Park does not resonate very much with me - I see its point, especially in MK: DD, but really, I don't like the concept of tracks that try to be as item-based as possible that much... and the original Toad's Turnpike didn't age that well (although even at the time it was hilariously bad, although its concept, especially in Mirror mode, was somewhat nice...).

I'm kinda starting to hate Baby Park more and more in Mario Kart 8. As much as I love chaos, I love controlled chaos, not when I get potentially item abused where I stay in 8th in most of the race...and that's against easy CPUs.

Mister Wu said:
SuperDoom said:
To be honest, with Electrodrome we're talking about a Techno disco in the middle of a city with Larry Koopa as DJ and dancing Shy Guys, Piranha Plants and Koopa Troopas, complete with upside-down sections, it's a bit of an outlier with respect to the other tracks in MK8...

I'm still thinking about some of the worst tracks (with SMK Vanilla Lake 1 being surely on my list...), I'd guess that conceptually Baby Park does not resonate very much with me - I see its point, especially in MK: DD, but really, I don't like the concept of tracks that try to be as item-based as possible that much... and the original Toad's Turnpike didn't age that well (although even at the time it was hilariously bad, although its concept, especially in Mirror mode, was somewhat nice...).
lol man, that was hell in Mario Kart 64. Still not the worst Mario Kart track, I still vote Choco Island 2/Yoshi Falls/Cheep Cheep Lagoon.

When you're constantly attempting three-star rank ever since Mario Kart DS, you get REALLY good; even so, there is TOO much traffic in Moonview Highway!! At least Toad's Turnpike (the new version in Mario Kart 8 anyway) has wide roads, and the cars have stuff on them to help you pull ahead, but Moonview Highway is a narrow road with incoming traffic almost every second; you get hit by a truck or Bob-Omb car once, and it'll be a miracle if you can get back to the higher ranks, let alone first (you're screwed if it happens to you on the final lap)!

It looks great visually, and the song's cool, but my goodness, that traffic is a nightmare!

You should try playing on Moonview Highway without Moonview Highway being on the Moonview Highway slot (aka hacking and putting a course that has heavy traffic onto another track slot than Moonview Highway) ;)

That means, you get zero post damage invincibility from the cars, so you get smashed and simultaneously flipped over every time you drive under the car. It makes the custom Toad's Turnpike in Mario Kart Wii hell.

Back