If you could erase 1 character from existence who would it be?

Dark ProtoMan said:
Striker Mario said:
Dark ProtoMan said:
Dr. Alphys said:
* Starlow hate*

What's your problem with Starlow? Yeah, she's a jerk to Luigi, but that's really about it.
She has long overstayed her welcome

That can be said for a lot of characters.
Starlow was relevant to the plot of Bowser's Inside Story, and then followed Mario for the next two games just because. That's a strong example of a character overstaying their welcome.

Dark ProtoMan said:
Striker Mario said:
Dark ProtoMan said:
Dr. Alphys said:
* Starlow hate*

What's your problem with Starlow? Yeah, she's a jerk to Luigi, but that's really about it.
She has long overstayed her welcome

That can be said for a lot of characters.
Well, she and Fawful seem to be the only major recurring RPG-only characters but Fawful played a big role in only two games. Starlow is there ever since Bowser's Inside Story, and I think Starlow already played her part in Bowser's Inside Story, and we really don't need to see her for the third freaking time.

starlow isn't even a good character.

Daisy

literally a rehash of peach and plays no role in any major mario game, except for the one time she did in which she might as well have been peach the entire time

Time Turner said:
Effie said:
Every new character in super paper mario.
then there literally wouldn't be a super paper mario
i think that might be what hes going for there

also the fact that removing all the original characters would leave absolutely nothing says a lot about the game

Magikrazy said:
Time Turner said:
Effie said:
Every new character in super paper mario.
then there literally wouldn't be a super paper mario
i think that might be what hes going for there

also the fact that removing all the original characters would leave absolutely nothing says a lot about the game
if you're trying to say that new stuff is a bad thing then why

He's not saying new things are a problem. I think he has a problem with the execution of the new characters in Super Paper Mario.

I would remove baby Luigi since that would remove grown up lugigi too

Like if you agree

WagNak said:
I would remove baby Luigi since that would remove grown up lugigi too

Like if you agree

Like shut the fuck up man

I don't mind new things, and in fact I enjoy some of the original characters in quite a few Mario RPGs, but there's a difference between adding a few new characters and oversaturating the game with them just for the sake of it. Adding to that, Super Paper Mario's characters feel incredibly... non Mario-ish. I don't know. I can't really explain it, but with the first two Paper Mario titles, all the characters feel like they belong in Mario. Even the characters who aren't based on any existing characters, like Crystal King, I could see appearing in any other Mario series (which bugs me that it doesn't work that way, but I'll get to that later). But SPM's have a certain style to them that just doesn't work for me. They're made of basic shapes and tbh I think they look ugly.

But this is all beside the point. The game revolves around Count Bleck and Tippi, which is a big no-no when the game is supposed to be about Mario (hence the name). And really the only reason any of the main cast was some prophecy. It kinda feels they borrowed elements from a cancelled other project IS was working on, but I'm just speculating here.

infinite8 said:
Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach.
Tanooki Mario has played a major role in Super Mario Bros. 3 and 3D Land and also saved Mario's skin several times. Cat Peach... I'm not sure. It's not like you have to use her in 3D World unlike Mario's role in Super Mario Bros. 3 and 3D Land.

Pink Gold Peach. I could seriously rant about that rose-gold monstrosity all day.

I'll go with obscure characters like Fawful

Too irrelevant to be spoken about.

And from the regular appereances i'd have to say Trash , i mean Dry Bowser. Yeah , eliminate that and we are done.

Dry Bowser is cool I think.

Another one I'd say that I haven't seen lately is Baby Rosalina. Please, don't get me started on her.

Dry Bowser makes a good boss. As a playable character? Not so much.

If backstories are a thing, then Baby Rosalina would probably get the boot. She basically goes against Rosalina's Storybook, especially the girl (who's Rosalina, when she was a kid) that's in the story.

Ch8_5.png

MnSG said:
If backstories are a thing, then Baby Rosalina would probably get the boot. She basically goes against Rosalina's Storybook, especially the girl (who's Rosalina, when she was a kid) that's in the story.

Ch8_5.png

I totally agree. Baby Rosalina is quite very contradictory.

I'm a baby fan and I really don't care enough about Baby Rosalina to incorporate her into my headcanon

Back