If you could erase 1 character from existence who would it be?

Baby Rosalina is like that little rock in my shoe that just won't go away.

Baby Rosalina is blonde , when Rosalina was a redhead as a child.

Oddly enough , she has a filtered voice like Rosalina used to have while Rosalina lacks it now.

Wtf?

Go away , she is just the quickest example of Nintendo not giving a danm.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Oddly enough , she has a filtered voice like Rosalina used to have while Rosalina lacks it now.
Yeah, that's weird. She doesn't even sound like a baby as much as she sounds like a woman.

Rosalina, or if possible, the 'new' Rosalina past the Galaxy series. It went from a lovely cryptic mysterious ruler of the galaxy to........ i dunno

Shaggy said:
Rosalina, or if possible, the 'new' Rosalina past the Galaxy series. It went from a lovely cryptic mysterious ruler of the galaxy to........ i dunno

every other character in the mario series

overly happy, joyful, and screaming their heads off

And you see people making the excuse of ''Rosalina is happy now because she is in Mario Kart racing''

and im like Bitch pls , she was in MKWii and 7 and wasn't trying to be Peach in any of those games.

This is straight up Nintendo screwing up. If they legit wanted to hire somebody that sounded INDENTICAL to Kerri Kane they would have done that , as they did with Peach after Jen Taylor left.

It's just excuses and excuses , they legit are stupid.

Shaggy said:

The problem is that people think that Rosalina is acting more like Peach now. There's nothing wrong with showing a happy expression from time to time, but to some people, they think that Rosalina needs to be emotionless, and "never" smile at all.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rosalina with other emotions, but it needs to be less exaggerated like in 3D World onwards. Make it more subtle.

Mario Kart Wii handled Rosalina pretty spot-on. She's expressing enough emotion to be enjoying the race, but not overbearingly joyful with most other Mario Kart characters.

I don't really care myself. I think there are far worse problems in the Mario franchise right now then how the space waifu sounds and acts.

Like what?

Like predicting what terrible furry cosplay Mario will wear in the next game?

Or how much of a joke Bowser will be in the next one too? Putting make up and furry tails and shit?

Screw all of that ; I'd rather care of something that has more chances of being fixed than that.

what's good.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Screw all of that ; I'd rather care of something that has more chances of being fixed than that.

what's good.
They had their chance after Kerri Kane and Laura Faye Smith, who are the same person in Nintendo's eyes.

i was more like talking about Mario Kart's item system and rosters or something like that.

I guess that has higher chances of changing (for the good or bad) since it pretty much changes every game.

Bowser Jr. (Edit 11/13/2018: Please disregard this, a lot of my 2016 posts were very dumb.)

LunarTanooki said:
Luigi or Bowser Jr. I guess.

I'm admittedly rather tired of certain Luigi fans demonizing and downplaying poor Mario, but then again Bowser Jr, annoys me as well.

I can absolutely understand your frustration with those Luigi fans, but I don't think that's any fault of the character himself or in Nintendo's depiction of him. I always suspected that Luigi adored Mario from the very beginning before Dream Team even hit the shelves. If you have to blame anything, blame Super Smash Bros. Brawl for that description of Negative Zone which didn't really fit him whatsoever.

Also, the train I'm going to jump on here is Starlow. I really don't think the Mario & Luigi RPG series benefited from her being in there at all. It's been mentioned that she isn't funny, but I wouldn't condemn that if it weren't for the fact that she has absolutely no substance anymore except to put Luigi down. I don't mind Luigi being at the butt of jokes, but it reflects poorly on her character when that's the only thing AlphaDream can think of doing with it. She had more substance in the game she debuted in, and in my opinion she should have remained there (though even in Bowser's Inside Story, the plot didn't necessitate her presence, really).

You know what i really hate?

When people blame the character for what the fans do , say or are.

Yeah these characters aren't real people , that's cool and all ; but i'm not gonna go hate on Let's say , Daisy just because there's a noticeable amount of her fans that are very very narrow minded and obnoxious , like herself.

They don't affect my views , if it did it would be so petty.

if i genuenily dislike or ''hate'' a character , it has to be for a legit reason , and not for something irrelevant such as : ''Oh , HiImDaisy2392 said that Rosalina is awful and that Daisy deserves more than her and she said that Daisy is better than all the Mario cast , therefore i'll hate on Daisy even tho i really don't care about Daisy''.

Girlbye , even reading that it's so dumb.

To be fair, fans can really paint a negative association with a character if they're vocal enough. I can find a lot of Luigi fans to be rather obnoxious, and I'm one myself! That's why I said I understood that point of view.

That being said, that doesn't necessarily mean it's Nintendo's, or Luigi's, fault. Real people bring their own misconceptions and predispositions and project them into characters, which results in misinterpretation of that character. That problem is exacerbated when big name channels support these ideas - such as Game Theory. People will believe anything if it sounds convincing enough without properly examining it, and thus the misinformation spreads and makes it worse.

It's best to examine the actual material that we have rather than what's being spread over the Internet.

Swiftie_Luma said:
i was more like talking about Mario Kart's item system and rosters or something like that.

I guess that has higher chances of changing (for the good or bad) since it pretty much changes every game.
In the context of the discussion, it seems like you were referring to space waifu's voice.

Swiftie_Luma said:

Again, that's a logical fallacy those people impose on. I hate Yoshi because I think he's ugly and has the most annoying voice ever, and Nintendo tries way too hard to dial up on the cuteness when in the end, it just makes Yoshi much more grotesque. He has some obnoxious fans that always go on the defensive whenever I bash Yoshi; it seems fine for people to bash on the Koopalings or Daisy or Toad in a nearly identical manner on how I bash Yoshi, but when you do the same to Yoshi, you frequently elicit responses.

ルイージ said:
I can absolutely understand your frustration with those Luigi fans, but I don't think that's any fault of the character himself or in Nintendo's depiction of him.
And there's no rule saying that you have to like one or the other. Luigi's my second-favorite Mario character. I think those Mario vs. Luigi camps are pretty silly and sad since the Mario Bros. go so well with each other, it should almost be a rule that if you like Mario, you should like Luigi, and vice-versa.

Swiftie_Luma said:

Yeah these characters aren't real people , that's cool and all ; but i'm not gonna go hate on Let's say , Daisy just because there's a noticeable amount of her fans that are very very narrow minded and obnoxious , like herself.

if i genuenily dislike or ''hate'' a character , it has to be for a legit reason , and not for something irrelevant such as : ''Oh , HiImDaisy2392 said that Rosalina is awful and that Daisy deserves more than her and she said that Daisy is better than all the Mario cast , therefore i'll hate on Daisy even tho i really don't care about Daisy''.

basically Daisy on GFAQs

I can absolutely understand your frustration with those Luigi fans, but I don't think that's any fault of the character himself or in Nintendo's depiction of him. I always suspected that Luigi adored Mario from the very beginning before Dream Team even hit the shelves. If you have to blame anything, blame Super Smash Bros. Brawl for that description of Negative Zone which didn't really fit him whatsoever

My sincerest condolences for my previous comments about Luigi, I was admittedly being rather shallow and unfair towards the character on that day.

I don't even hate Luigi. I was a just little aggravated by the fanbase. (I'm over it now, though. : 3)

just erase luigi and keep baby luigi

Striker Mario said:
And there's no rule saying that you have to like one or the other. Luigi's my second-favorite Mario character. I think those Mario vs. Luigi camps are pretty silly and sad since the Mario Bros. go so well with each other, it should almost be a rule that if you like Mario, you should like Luigi, and vice-versa.

I'm pretty much the same way, but reversed - Luigi is my favorite character, while Mario is my second. I completely agree on your second point, by the way; I feel that Mario is extremely important to Luigi's character and vice versa, and liking one without the other is like slicing out a piece of him and saying you like the whole character.

My sincerest condolences for my previous comments about Luigi, I was admittedly being rather shallow and unfair towards the character on that day.

I don't even hate Luigi. I was a just little aggravated by the fanbase. (I'm over it now, though. : 3)

No, it's okay! I wasn't upset even in the slightest, I was just pointing out that a character isn't necessarily at fault for how his fanbase acts.

To be fair, I used to be one of those Luigi fans who really disliked Mario and thought he should be punted out of the spotlight. Nowadays, though, I recognize how important Mario is to Luigi. The Mario & Luigi RPG series really helped to put that into perspective for me, and if I had any doubt on that opinion, Dream Team firmly immortalized and cemented it.

You're far from the only Mario fan I've met who's aggravated by Luigi's fanbase, either. A few of my close friends would share the same opinion as you! Said close friends I discuss near daily how great of brothers Mario and Luigi are.

None of this, however, changes my perspective on Starlow in the slightest. :P

[...] it should almost be a rule that if you like Mario, you should like Luigi, and vice-versa.

Then I'm a rulebreaker because I like Luigi, but not Mario.

Back