If you could erase 1 character from existence who would it be?

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Meaning every lasting impact they had on the series would be gone. Never to exist.

Why bother asking me when you know I'll say Konkey Dong?

Mary Berry said:
But why? That means one less person to kick the crap out of.

I'd say Yoshi but I kind of wish Peach didn't play the role as a damsel in distress so frequently. If she gets wiped from existence and gets replaced by someone who looks and sounds exactly like her, but is a stronger female role model, I'll support that.

But that would mean there would be no Donkey Kong, the game that Mario debuted in, would that mean with no Donkey Kong Mario would cease to exist?

Even so, no Donkey Kong would mean no Donkey Kong Country games.

I would erase someone more obscure like Wart or Tatanga

Mary Berry said:

You do realize you'd be dooming every major Nintendo series since that arcade game was their first real success in the video game business.

Lord Vader said:
But that would mean there would be no Donkey Kong, the game that Mario debuted in, would that mean with no Donkey Kong Mario would cease to exist?

Even so, no Donkey Kong would mean no Donkey Kong Country games.

I would erase someone more obscure like Wart or Tatanga
Depends on WHAT version of Donkey Kong Roy Koopa's asking for. :smug:

But in my worldview, Donkey Kong in Donkey Kong = Donkey Kong in Donkey Kong Country.

does bayonetta count

if not then waluigi just so nintendo could make a different waluigi, like "luwagi" or something.

The Pyro Guy said:
does bayonetta count
Not unless you add 2 cups of salt.

horses tbh said:
i want to say toon link but this is marioverse gdi

probably kersti.
Good choice. I also want Starlow go to hell but yeah, Yoshi's my priority.

Dr. Mario said:
The Pyro Guy said:
does bayonetta count
Not unless you add 2 cups of salt.
Good choice. I also want Starlow go to hell but yeah, Yoshi's my priority.
[/quote]
brace yourself

TPG's saltpocolypse is coming

if I was still that mad. but i wonder who would legitimately replace her in SBB.

yeah kersti is a good choice but we all have our own reserves.

Hobbes said:
The babies

getting rid of them means getting rid of mario, luigi, and whatever.

the op did say "lasting impact" and that's how I interpret it as.

i think i'd vote for starlow and kersti

because yoshi saved baby luigi so if yoshi wasn't there, baby luigi would rot away. grudgingly enough

pink gold peach should stay though, since she's the best rank here, even better than yoshi

Hobbes said:
The babies and Daisy. And Miis. Impossible to choose one.
Go for Miis.

That way, whatever the hell happened in Fortune Street would've never happened and the game's single player would be a massive improvement. The Miis have also ruined Mario Tennis Open. You can't say the same for the babies or Daisy because they're just negligible minor characters.

The Pyro Guy said:
if I was still that mad. but i wonder who would legitimately replace her in SBB.
No one. Seriously, there's no one else quite like Bayonetta.

The Pyro Guy said:
does bayonetta count

your hatred of bayonetta is starting to become levels of obnoxiousness to be frank

Baby Luigi said:
pink gold peach should stay though, since she's the best rank here, even better than yoshi
without her we wouldn't have a winner for the fail awards 2015's "worst character" award.

it would just be a blank panel and second place would win.
Baby Luigi said:
The Pyro Guy said:
does bayonetta count

your hatred of bayonetta is starting to become levels of obnoxiousness to be frank
it's my pet hate, like an OCD. it's just that im the only one who thinks that. the anti wario club for instance is probably massive in numbers, so it becomes okay.

meanwhile there's just me preaching my hatred on a video game forum.

Baby Rosalina. As if her image as an ageless mystical goddess wasn't torched enough by her paling around with everyone - but then they had to go and turn her into a damn baby. Ugh.

The Pyro Guy said:
if not then waluigi just so nintendo could make a different waluigi, like "luwagi" or something.
But Waluigi is perfect as he already is.

Time Turner said:
Starlow. Without a doubt. Even if she wasn't the worst permutation of Navi, she's long overstayed her welcome in the series.
I only like Starlow because of very dense headcanon, but yeah, she should have been a one-off, or at the very least, been dropped for Paper Jam, like all the other M&L-only characters (afaik).

I wouldn't. That would be very selfish of me to erase a character just because I don't like it.

Even Pink Gold Peach has its fans.

I guess Peach, all she does is getting kidnapped, she has no life in her voice. Plus I am tired of people claiming Daisy is a palette swap of Peach, that's like saying Luigi is green Mario.

yeah baby rosalina should have stayed as a fan concept rather than become an official thing

she and baby daisy have virtually no impact on the mario series, so I kinda retract my stance with saying that getting rid of babies means getting rid of mario luigi or whatever.

this applies only to the spin-off only babies, my point still stands with the rest.

Magikrazy said:
I wouldn't. That would be very selfish of me to erase a character just because I don't like it.

I can confirm using Deviantart that PGP does indeed have fans. Unfortunately...
Let's say she was removed from all points in time. That would mean that when Nintendo were brainstorming ideas for Metal Mario's partner, they would have just come up with something equally ridiculous, eg Emerald Luigi.

So removing one character will only lead to a similar replacement.

Cirdec said:
I guess Peach, all she does is getting kidnapped, she has no life in her voice. Plus I am tired of people claiming Daisy is a palette swap of Peach, that's like saying Luigi is green Mario.
Peach would just been replaced by a different damsel in distress.

People would be saying Daisy is a clone of Princess Apple or whatever the other princess is called.

The Pyro Guy said:
Magikrazy said:

I can confirm using Deviantart that PGP does indeed have fans. Unfortunately...
Let's say she was removed from all points in time. That would mean that when Nintendo were brainstorming ideas for Metal Mario's partner, they would have just come up with something equally ridiculous, eg Emerald Luigi.

So removing one character will only lead to a similar replacement.
Our very own boards have glorious Pink Gold Peach as the highest rank right during Pink Gold Peach's announcement.

But I still don't get the mentality behind "Meal Mayo needs a partner, let's pull something straight out of our asses that isn't Silver Luigi".

Walkazo said:
Time Turner said:
Starlow. Without a doubt. Even if she wasn't the worst permutation of Navi, she's long overstayed her welcome in the series.
I only like Starlow because of very dense headcanon, but yeah, she should have been a one-off, or at the very least, been dropped for Paper Jam, like all the other M&L-only characters (afaik).
I'm glad other people agree with me: Starlow should go. She's not even funny.

I'd say Baby Daisy and Baby Rosalina. The only reason they exist is to fill the Mario Kart roster. That doesn't mean I don't like playing as them.

Back