If you could erase 1 character from existence who would it be?

Some has to have this opinion and I might as well be me.

Rosalina. Trash character.

Walkazo said:
Baby Rosalina. As if her image as an ageless mystical goddess wasn't torched enough by her paling around with everyone - but then they had to go and turn her into a dang baby. Ugh.

She was never an ageless Goddess.

B.Rosalina is still shit though.

Baby Luigi said:
yeah baby rosalina should have stayed as a fan concept rather than become an official thing

she and baby daisy have virtually no impact on the mario series, so I kinda retract my stance with saying that getting rid of babies means getting rid of mario luigi or whatever.

this applies only to the spin-off only babies, my point still stands with the rest.
The point can't stand only with some, it's the same principle for all babies. I wouldn't make them disappear from existence because that'd obviously make the adults disappear, but I'd make them disappear from every single game.

Hard one for me. I'd probably wipe a spinoff only character from existence, like Baby Daisy or Pink Gold Peach. Or maybe an obnoxious RPG one, like the Star Gate or the Dream Stone Spirit.

If it was mainstream ones only, then goodbye Bowser Jr.

Mcmadness said:
Walkazo said:
Baby Rosalina. As if her image as an ageless mystical goddess wasn't torched enough by her paling around with everyone - but then they had to go and turn her into a dang baby. Ugh.

B.Rosalina is still *bleep* though.

She does have quite a huge lifespan though

Baby Luigi said:
Mcmadness said:
Walkazo said:

B.Rosalina is still *bleep* though.
She does have quite a huge lifespan though
Considering that Super Mario Galaxy 2 took place 100 years after the first one, I do think that every character has a set age, and babies are separate from their adult counterparts.

Hey I think the babies are separate from the adults as well. I think they come from a separate timeline, hence why their actions in the present are not affecting....well the present.

However I don't buy that Super Mario Galaxy 2 took place 100 years after the first one. I think continuity took a nose-dive there; they just outright ignored it.

So removing babies from existence won't have any major consequences?

Maybe. Maybe not. It's all up to fan interpretation, and this is just one fan interpretation out of many.

However, if they are removed from future games, it may have secondary major consequences that people who want them gone probably don't think about.

You freaking hell thing graaaagghh whyyyyy

Why did you have to deface this pic?

ahhhh
hE2GLN9.png

YhPHvl4.png

youre welcome

How about PGP? I haven't seen her mentioned anywhere.

eE3b1tw.png

makes sense.

The Pyro Guy said:
ahhhh
hE2GLN9.png

YhPHvl4.png

youre welcome

I still see his ass on there

Baby Luigi said:
However I don't buy that Super Mario Galaxy 2 took place 100 years after the first one. I think continuity took a nose-dive there; they just outright ignored it.
My headcanon is that SMG2 came before SMG1, concerning the same Star Festival, and just ignore any details that don't really work - although for the most part, it does work, iirc (but I haven't thought about the specifics for a while, so my memories of the specifics are a big fuzzy).

I just combine them together into one

The best type of character to take away are those obscure one-off ones, because any character that has appeared with certain frequency, even if they only starred in spin-offs, would not feel right for any fan of that character. Even old characters that only starred in a few games definitely have their place, like Donkey Kong Jr. and Stanley the Bugman. That would leave obscure one-off characters.

If I have to pick a character, Baby Wario is my pick. Although I never played Yoshi's Island DS, I thought that Baby Wario was an unnecessary inclusion when he was announced, and considering that Baby Wario is never used in any future games (even Baby DK is used in Mario Super Sluggers), it's safe to say that it's OK for Baby Wario to be excluded. I suppose Baby Wario has his fans, although I imagine it's a fairly small crowd.

Thanks for reading.

I'm usually a VERY tolerate person when it comes to video game characters (I mean, even NAVI doesn't annoy me); but when it comes to taking out a character from the Mario series, it'd be Pink Gold Peach (yeah, seems to be the popular choice around here besides Starlow). I would say Birdo or Petey Piranha, but since they frequently appear as bosses in the main games(platformers and RPGs), that means I get to beat them up! ...Good Lord, I sounded like my little brother just now...

LunarTanooki said:
Luigi or Bowser Jr. I guess.

I'm admittedly rather tired of certain Luigi fans demonizing and downplaying poor Mario, but then again Bowser Jr, annoys me as well.
Getting rid of Luigi because of is fanbase is just poisoning the well, IMO. There needs to be more twins in general.

winstein said:
The best type of character to take away are those obscure one-off ones, because any character that has appeared with certain frequency, even if they only starred in spin-offs, would not feel right for any fan of that character. Even old characters that only starred in a few games definitely have their place, like Donkey Kong Jr. and Stanley the Bugman. That would leave obscure one-off characters.

If I have to pick a character, Baby Wario is my pick. Although I never played Yoshi's Island DS, I thought that Baby Wario was an unnecessary inclusion when he was announced, and considering that Baby Wario is never used in any future games (even Baby DK is used in Mario Super Sluggers), it's safe to say that it's OK for Baby Wario to be excluded. I suppose Baby Wario has his fans, although I imagine it's a fairly small crowd.

Thanks for reading.
I think those that do active harm are even worse.

You know, like Miis.

Magikrazy said:
I wouldn't. That would be very selfish of me to erase a character just because I don't like it.

Even Pink Gold Peach has its fans.
That being said, if I was forced to remove a character from existence, I'd remove the Toad from Super Mario RPG who tricks Mario into thinking he stepped in something.

Geno, Fawful, and Pink Gold Peach.

(I'm gonna get burned on the stake for the first two choices.)

Back