Top 5 - 10 - 20 Mario Disappointments.

#1 What they did to Paper Mario: they killed the series. Sticker Star sucked hard, and Color Splash will surely suck too. Super Paper Mario was just ok.

#2 How they killed Mario Party: 10, 9, 8 and 7 suck. They lost their magic after 4 in my opinion.

#3 Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash: the thing is an insult to the once great Mario Tennis series. One of the worst Mario games to have ever been created.

That's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

Anser said:
#1 What they did to Paper Mario: they killed the series. Sticker Star sucked hard, and Color Splash will surely suck too. Super Paper Mario was just ok.

#2 How they killed Mario Party: 10, 9, 8 and 7 suck. They lost their magic after 4 in my opinion.

#3 Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash: the thing is an insult to the once great Mario Tennis series. One of the worst Mario games to have ever been created.

New Super Mario Bros. 2?

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:

New Super Mario Bros. 2?

Oh but of course! Thanks for reminding me.

#4 The entire New Super Mario Bros. series: it's so freaking boring and offers absolutely nothing new. I hate it.

Anser said:

Basically this.

But i really loved Mario Party 8 and 9, I found it quite fun and enjoyable.

I wonder if the entire year of 2016 is going to go on this list.

Well there hasn't been much of anything this year thus far.

Striker Mario said:
I wonder if the entire year of 2016 is going to go on this list.
Mcmadness said:
Well there hasn't been much of anything this year thus far.
From the Wiki:
Mini Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
Mario Party Fushigi no Challenge World

I'm not listing Colour Splash until Nintendo confirms that it's not going to be an NX-too title released in 2017.
If Nintendo doesn't set a 100% certain 2016 release date for Paper Mario and we aren't going to have other Mario games in 2016, you can color me appalled (and from what I've seen from the videos, I might not even dislike the 3DS version of Mario & Sonic that much).

Besides, there is going to be pretty much no new E3 this time so we'll have to rely on spontaneous announcements. But I'm suspecting that any Mario game that isn't hyped up probably won't be a Mario game that's worth hyping up.

I always thought Mario Kart 7 was kind of disappointing, especially since Mario Kart Wii came out before it.

I never really thought all the carbon copies of NSMBW were much of a problem either, probably because NSMBW and NSMBU are two of my favorite Mario games. I can see why they decided to make several games that were very similar.

NSMB2 was fine with me because it was basically NSMBW and NSMB1 in one game! But the added vocals were insanely annoying, and I didn't like the fact that Larry and Lemmy Koopa were secret bosses. Those two were my favorite Koopalings.

I also liked NSMBU a lot because it added quite a lot of new things, such as the acorn powerup and better boss fights. I didn't like the world map very much though (Or the new overworld theme. Why would you replace the one in NSMBW with that?).

The big disappointment in terms of Mario disappointments is Nintendo's attitude towards the franchise in recent years in terms of spin offs. They have been making some terrible decisions and that's pretty awful. I mean some Mario games suck because of some terrible decisions (Sticker Star and Ultra Smash).

I hope Mario NX won't be a disappointment. Nintendo shouldn't make disappointing Mario games anymore.

I found another disappointment. That disappointment is making us wait for like 15 years until we get an open world 3D Mario platformer in the vain of SM64/SMS. And no I am not talking about the semi linear/semi non linear Galaxy duology nor 3D Land/World.

You can blame that on collectathons falling out of favour with the general audience.

But Mario has never been truly open-world.

It was definitely open in the sense that it had the highest degree of non-linearity in any Mario at the time.

But it's no lego city undercover.

Major
1. NSMB2 - It's basically just "New Super Mario Bros. Wii: The Lost Levels".
2.MP9 and MP10 - Dumb car thing and MP10 is just MP9 with a mediocre Bowser Party and a lame Amiibo Party.
Minor
1.SM3DW - Multiplayer has huge issues.
2.Rosalina being mascotized. Which means she's all like "Yay!"and "Let's go!" rather than being mysterious and stuff.
3. Pink Gold Peach, Baby Rosalina, Metal Mario, Cat Peach, Wiggler, Queen Bee, and I guess Tanooki Mario, though I kind of like him.
Opinions on other games:
SMG2 is more of SMG, but how is that a bad thing? It might be bad if it was on a separate system, but it's not.
I've never played PM:SS, but I'll take everyone's word for it.
NSLU is not very original, but it's DLC and should be treated as such.
MK8 is arguably the best game in the series.

I think another disappointment is most definitely Baby Rosalina.

She doesn't reflect Rosalina's backstory. Rosalina had red hair not platinum blonde hair.

I swear if Nintendo reboots the Mario series. Baby Rosalina should be eliminated.

Anything since 2006, especially in regards to the awful platformers. Wii was the thing that made the Mario franchise as a whole staler and boring than it ever was before. Compared to everything from before and including the Gamecube, what we got was decent at best.

Granted, at least DS was around, but that's technically before 2006, so...

Explain?

Perhaps there was a superior game that blew you away and Galaxy turned out to be a massive disappointment?

WHAT!? How could you say that about the Galaxy games? :eek: I can understand 3D World, though. Imo it was okay but not as good as the others, including Galaxy 1/2.

There's always someone who'll genuinely hate Galaxy.

Though I hate Galaxy 2 and I also kind of dislike Sunshine. Sunshine is the worst 3D Mario platformer, though.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Though I hate Galaxy 2 and I also kind of dislike Sunshine. Sunshine is the worst 3D Mario platformer, though.
I don't see why Galaxy 2 is worse than Galaxy 1, aside from not having as good a story. Besides, the Green Star thing is less repetitive than Galaxy's playing the entire game again except as Luigi. Also, you can play as Luigi more than Mario if you want, which is nice for me, Luigi 64DD, but probably not so great for you, LeftyGreenMario.

LeftyGreenMario said:
There's always someone who'll genuinely hate Galaxy.

Sunshine is a weird situation because the game itself is ok, but the technical details like camera and controls failed pretty badly.

Back