post any random Mario thought on your mind

I just want Mario sports being great for once especially in the era of sports games being complete crapo. Mario would be a good opportunity to fill that gap in.

I'd definitely like to see Mario Dodgeball become its own thing, it was pretty much the defining trademark of Sports Mix for me. I'd also love a new Mario Baseball, or perhaps something new entirely.

deep thunking about Noshi

Millions of years of evolution just so that you're perfectly shaped to have people do ATV tricks off the back of ur head

1594387747357.png

Noshi's beautiful face is so alluring it causes the 150cc/Mirror Mode CPU to sometimes randomly fall off the bridge.

yeah the cpu does fall off that part of course a lot on its own for some reason. it's hilarious.

After seeing the tweet that WayForward was gonna be showcasing a game for a new franchise at an upcoming Nintendo Treehouse, my friend told me he hoped it would be Wario Land.

Now that I think about it, I don't hate the idea. (Midriff Wario anyone)

Because thats all Wayforward knows how to do for female character design.

Gotta pander to the lowest common denominator somehow.

I mean I'm indifferent either way, it's just how they make their characters.

I just want a Wario beat em up with a playable Mike Haggar Wario now.

Well, Wario World lets Wario do spinning Pile Drivers if that means anything.

yea I'd consider it but I'm not sure if the hits and sounds are as satisfying and you don't see Wario being shirtless and all buff either.

Mario's self-restrictive use of its recurring family constantly irritates me, and no I'm not talking about the Paper Mario franchise, I mean, we always see Toads and Yoshis for friendly NPCs and little else beyond one-off newcomers (like in Odyssey). Birdo, Koopalings and Petey Piranha (okay, Petea Piranha) were pretty neato in Color Splash, but what's preventing them from putting Wario in a Paper Mario game? Waluigi in anything that's not a sports or party game? Playable Daisy in 3D World? Luigi's Mansion's ghosts in a New Super Mario Bros. platformer? They usually just limit the recurring Mario enemies, heavily limit the protagonists (you'll be lucky seeing anyone other than Mario, Peach, Luigi, Toad, occasional Yoshi and Toadette?) and introduce new stuff in the mix, that's the general pattern.

Reactions: zel
They should use Wario as the main villain instead of Bowser again. Sometimes, it feels like the devs for Mario games don't even know Mario games all that well, otherwise we would have seen Wario be the main villain of New Super Mario Bros. 2 rather than the game being one of the safest, tepid, bland Mario games out there.

Idk if you said it on purpose or if it just happens to coincide that Wario was the main villain of super mario land 2 and that you didn't mean to compare it to nsmb2, but I'll say it anyway that I'm personally not a big fan of people associating new games with old games based on their title subtly being similar in some way. It's not something that happens frequently, granted, but I've seen people compare SM3D World with Super Mario World just for that reason, or other things like that, and I just don't think a game should be held to those standards especially when the games themselves are clearly different, tbh.

Idk if you said it on purpose or if it just happens to coincide that Wario was the main villain of super mario land 2 and that you didn't mean to compare it to nsmb2, but I'll say it anyway that I'm personally not a big fan of people associating new games with old games based on their title subtly being similar in some way. It's not something that happens frequently, granted, but I've seen people compare SM3D World with Super Mario World just for that reason, or other things like that, and I just don't think a game should be held to those standards especially when the games themselves are clearly different, tbh.

I certainly wasn't, it was that New Super Mario Bros. 2 had a get rich quick gameplay scheme but they thought they were better off nostalgia whoring SMB3 for the umpteenth time.

I don't think Wario is much for main villain roles these days.

Unless it was a sequel to Wario's Woods, or make him the badguy of the next captain toad game (if they ever make one) since that game is all about money.

It SEEMS natural that a game about money that Wario will get involved in, but they decided that Wingo better fits the role? Don't get me wrong, Ilike Wingo, but I think Wario can work too? They also had an opportunity to make the fourth Mario & Luigi be about Waluigi and Wario as rivals, maybe even playable rivals, but it's also 2013 and had to make it about Luigi? In New Super Mario Bros. Wii, we could've even gotten Baby Mario and Baby Luigi (as modding shows) or Waluigi/Wario or whatever, but we're stuck with two Toads? Not even Toadette? Nintendo has a lot of opportunities to naturally include some otherwise-restricted Mario characters and keep blowing that, which overtime, is pretty disappointing. I get that some opportunities can come of as forced, like Rosalina in Mario Party Island Tour or arguably the Reznors in New Super Mario Bros. 2, but the stuff I mentioned, they're pretty ripe?

They should use Wario as the main villain instead of Bowser again. Sometimes, it feels like the devs for Mario games don't even know Mario games all that well, otherwise we would have seen Wario be the main villain of New Super Mario Bros. 2 rather than the game being one of the safest, tepid, bland Mario games out there.
While Wario will certainly help the game stand out more than the others, it probably won't change the overall problem of the game being a forgettable and bog standard Mario platformer with an abysmal soundtrack. It's probably for the best the game turned out like that, because surprising characters like Wario or Waluigi or Daisy deserve better.

If Wario is ever a villain again he has to be the petty villain. The kind who just goes out of his way to try to make Mario miserable and laugh at him.

Paper Mario 1 Bowser to some extent, pretty much.

Wario's like the type that'll try to rob Mario's house or leave his own poop on Mario's doorstep. He can be like the recurring rival Mario pushes away constantly, like Jr. Troopa. That'll be funny and an excuse for Wario to get beaten up multiple times.

Idea: A game called Where's Waluigi. It's a fantastic game including every character that ever appeared on any Mario game, and they're all playable. Except for Waluigi, he's the only one that won't have an appearance.

I often see people go "The Mario franchise is underitilizing its vast cast of characters. They should feature more characters from WarioWare/DKC in the main Mario games!"

and I'm like

The sports/party spin-off sure, but what the fuck do you want Jimmy T to do in Super Mario Odyssey 2?

I mean Odyssey implies some sort of travel so if it's about the marriage of the multiple side series worlds, Jimmy T can fit right in. But outside that concept, yeah, it's hard justifying including characters like him without feeling forced. I did say you can't just shove characters and assume it fits, that there's a context that needs to fit. But I mentioned there are very good opportunities that Nintendo didn't use and that's just disappointing.

Back