post any random Mario thought on your mind

As said already, in a CTR online matchmaking race, even with all the items that exist, you pretty much have no chance of catching up with the top players if you get screwed up very early; even losing the blue fire at certain tracks will very likely result in you losing the whole race. And you pretty much have to use the Speed or Drift styles, because Turn and Balanced lack the speed to catch up, and the advanced techniques negate every weakness that Speed and Drift have.

I still don't get why you think balancing is an issue, it's not like in a fighting game where your locked off from using movesets, every vehicle shares the same abilities. It's also doesn't affect character or vehicle choice, as the stats are determined a separate switch that isn't cosmetic. At the skill level that you aren't going to be using the Speed style, the skill gap between players is far larger and matters far more then vehicle stats, at the skill level where they do matter, you should understand enough about the game to prefer it over the others. It just seems like you're finding things to complain about for the sake of complaining about them.

I still don't get why you think balancing is an issue, it's not like in a fighting game where your locked off from using movesets, every vehicle shares the same abilities. It's also doesn't affect character or vehicle choice, as the stats are determined a separate switch that isn't cosmetic. At the skill level that you aren't going to be using the Speed style, the skill gap between players is far larger and matters far more then vehicle stats, at the skill level where they do matter, you should understand enough about the game to prefer it over the others. It just seems like you're finding things to complain about for the sake of complaining about them.

I'm not the only person bringing up this issue though. In fact, I've seen some people on Twitter who want to see the Turn and Balanced styles get buffed; this likely won't be happening.

Why can you choose Yoshi for your file in Super Mario Galaxy when he's nowhere in the game outside of a cameo in Space Junk Galaxy(?)

It's for players who want an ugly, mold-colored, bowling ball-nosed floating abomination soulessly staring at the player every time they start up the game.

What, a cameo from someone who isn't physically in the game?

You're fired! Delete at once!

Mario and Luigi being amish cavemen is my new canon. It's so good holy shit

Your thoughts @Jolly DönerMax ?

Aw dang, that's what I get for being a generation or 2 behind.. and I hate that They're not wrong. Those are wet bones.

OH, I GOT IT,
Blood Bones!
8e593d8900a7d97f3885e974e82503c909b6b41f_hq.jpg

/luma lost 3 lives posting this.

Mario and Luigi being amish cavemen is my new canon. It's so good holy shit

Your thoughts @Jolly DönerMax ?
It's a creative and surprising spin on the whole "Mario doesn't fit super well with the "real world", though it makes little sense for a few reasons. You have to ignore that Mario's occupation is supposed to be a plumber, and Mario seems to be around contemporary plumbing structures and know how they work. I ean, yeah, he mostly just tries to destroy critters, but I don't recall crabs, ice blocks, and turtles roaming around sewers either. If you think Donkey Kong is canon, even then, Mario's a carpenter scaling modern structures too. And also, Mario looks really clean, so Mario has to know what haircuts do and shaving razors work.

this seems Google translated but it gives me a better general idea. The brothers are apparently primitive people that can wear modern factory-produced caps, shirts, and overalls (overalls are relatively modern inventions, created in the 1890s though are mentioned as early as in 1776 as protective garment for slaves), probably because they have quickly figured out what those clothes are???

EMuwRXwWsAAVdce

Apparently, the description refers to crabs, turtles, fly things, and ice blocks as foreign enemies, though even early humans would recognize at least the crabs and turtles as prey. I mean.... people have been taking prey long before technology, so the question of "how do they take their prey if they are using only stones?" is weird, but might not be accurately translated.

But what that weird canon can explain is why Mario has such limited speaking capacity, but knows very basic gestures and stuff (and he can understand whatever is being spoken to him, soo....). Luigi's speaking capacity is, well, I don't know, it's all over the place. It can also say why New Donk City humans are so weird opposed to Mario's appearance, and why Mario seems to childishly throw his hat onto everything rather than use things as intended. Also, Mario's time spent in survival rather than modern civilization can explain why he's so acrobatic.

You know what I really don't know why Mario's character design works. It just does.

Like, look at it. It's so unconventional for a mascot. He's a fat adult italian dude with a plumber attire, bushy moustache and strange looking eyes. That doesn't sound like a winner design at all, yet it's done so well, so perfectly I love it more so than any other game mascot design I've ever seen yet dammit!

It works really well and I have no idea why.

Last edited:
Mario's that one character where his design is centered around limitations of his game rather, prioritized over "looking cool". It's all answered based on "how can we make this work?" And a lot of trial and error (to be fair, concepting today also requires tweaking designs). Although Mario underwent some changes when then settling on his Super Mario Bros design, his proportions are super fine-tuned and every aspect of his design is just perfect to me even if he's not the "ideal" body type or whatever.

There's just no more fitting mascot of video games. :new:

Back