post any random thought on your mind

Redshift

Enjoying dinners at 9:00 PM
CTR: Nitro-Fueled's battle mode is all right. Doesn't hold a candle to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's battle mode though.

Princess Mario

✨Mushroom Kingdom's fabulously glittery plumber✨
I like how there can be four teams in that Battle Mode, though!

10000 Needles

Koopa Troopa
Actually, when it comes to the worst CTR character, King Chicken is pretty much up there, due to being just a clueless chicken with a crown; even Penta Penguin has some personality in him. Yes, Baby Crash and Baby Coco are unnecessary, but King Chicken has to be the biggest joke that I've ever seen in the Crash Bandicoot series.

Anyway, it's probably worth noting that there's hardly any diversity with the stat spreads in CTR: Nitro-Fueled. Pretty much every character can use any driving style, but sadly, only Speed and Drift are truly viable for online matchmaking races, partially due to the fact that the majority of items in that game are useless at making any realistic comebacks; the other reason is that Turn and Balanced lack the speed to keep up with Speed and Drift, while Acceleration is pretty much inferior to Drift in all areas (acceleration is irrelevant in CTR). And it's also worth noting that the kart combinations are merely aesthetic, and don't affect gameplay in any way.

Compare that to the Mario Kart series, where there's diverse stat spreads between characters, and your vehicle combination does affect its stats. And let's not forget that speed isn't necessarily everything, since it only takes a couple Red Shells, a Spiny Shell, or even Lightning to ruin someone's day, no matter how far ahead he/she is; that's pretty much where acceleration can help give a player the upper hand.
Mario Kart has the same stat types, though. They throw in a tier between light and normal, and normal and heavy but it certainly doesn't make much of a difference. The difference made by vehicle parts is minor enough to not affect much and I'd rather make a cool build without having to fret that I'm not equipping the same part that everyone else has, which looks dumb but makes me faster. And even though it was just a method to work in microtransactions, earning coins and picking the items you want from the shop is a much, much more satisfying experience than just getting a new part every 50 coins or whatever. I also like that Crash has an adventure mode.

The items in CTR are all just Mario-Kart rip offs, and can turn the tide just as much. But CTR is more skill-based than Mario Kart, so you can't just hope to get carried by good items. CTR rewards practice and track-memorization while Mario Kart actively tries to prevent those from being rewarding. Mario Kart is great for parties and playing with people who aren't that into games, but CTR is just a much better game overall in my eyes.

Shy Guy on Wheels

Hornet from Daytona USA for Smash
The items in CTR are all just Mario-Kart rip offs, and can turn the tide just as much. But CTR is more skill-based than Mario Kart, so you can't just hope to get carried by good items.
While getting hit by items in CTR is just as, if not more, punishing then Mario Kart, the accuracy of the items is far worse. All of the moving items are slower then the fastest speed, with the exception of the Blue Shell equivalent which is only slightly faster. The Bomb drifts off to the side, and come out of the front and the back of the kart, rather then going the direction the player is going. The Missile also drifts when no-one is nearby, and has a small radius for detecting players, alongside that it gets destroyed by any turn that's 90° or sharper. TNT Crates don't do anything as they can removed by jumping a few times. The only items that consistently do what they supposed to are the Potions (Banana), Nitro Crate (Bob-Omb) and power items (Mask (Star), Clock (Lightning) and Blue Orb (Blue Shell)), meaning that players in mid positions have barely any chance of catching up to the top players unless they're far better then them, and in that case they would already be in 1st.

10000 Needles

Koopa Troopa
The Bombs should come out the front or back of the kart. TNT crates can be placed in bumpy areas or around ramps so that the victim or placed near a turn so that the victim must sacrifice their drift in order to remove it, or they can be held and upgraded. The items are more situational which is something I enjoy.

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
As said already, in a CTR online matchmaking race, even with all the items that exist, you pretty much have no chance of catching up with the top players if you get screwed up very early; even losing the blue fire at certain tracks will very likely result in you losing the whole race. And you pretty much have to use the Speed or Drift styles, because Turn and Balanced lack the speed to catch up, and the advanced techniques negate every weakness that Speed and Drift have.

Shy Guy on Wheels

Hornet from Daytona USA for Smash
I still don't get why you think balancing is an issue, it's not like in a fighting game where your locked off from using movesets, every vehicle shares the same abilities. It's also doesn't affect character or vehicle choice, as the stats are determined a separate switch that isn't cosmetic. At the skill level that you aren't going to be using the Speed style, the skill gap between players is far larger and matters far more then vehicle stats, at the skill level where they do matter, you should understand enough about the game to prefer it over the others. It just seems like you're finding things to complain about for the sake of complaining about them.

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
I still don't get why you think balancing is an issue, it's not like in a fighting game where your locked off from using movesets, every vehicle shares the same abilities. It's also doesn't affect character or vehicle choice, as the stats are determined a separate switch that isn't cosmetic. At the skill level that you aren't going to be using the Speed style, the skill gap between players is far larger and matters far more then vehicle stats, at the skill level where they do matter, you should understand enough about the game to prefer it over the others. It just seems like you're finding things to complain about for the sake of complaining about them.
I'm not the only person bringing up this issue though. In fact, I've seen some people on Twitter who want to see the Turn and Balanced styles get buffed; this likely won't be happening.

Pokerninja2

Koopa Troopa
Why can you choose Yoshi for your file in Super Mario Galaxy when he's nowhere in the game outside of a cameo in Space Junk Galaxy(?)

Redshift

Enjoying dinners at 9:00 PM
It's for players who want an ugly, mold-colored, bowling ball-nosed floating abomination soulessly staring at the player every time they start up the game.

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Forum Moderator
Wiki Bureaucrat
Core 'Shroom Staff
Mario and Luigi being amish cavemen is my new canon. It's so good holy shit

Your thoughts @Jolly DönerMax ?

Anncr. Kotori Minami

Anime girl/commentator extraordinaire.
Poll Committee
Yeah, but there’s just one problem with that: the name Wet Bones is already given to the Fish Bone enemy over in NSMBWii.