post any random Mario thought on your mind

You know that Wigglevine is the objectively correct choice here, can't wait for Wigglevine merch from Hot Wheels.

I would be a massive undertaking but I would absolutely be the kind of person to try to make a video ranking all the minigames from most of the Mario Party games.

I actually added it up. Using the ruleset I came up with (no minigames that don't show up in normal gameplay, no repeat minigames from MP2), as well as the games I picked (1-10, DS, Island Tour, and Super), there would be a total of 853 minigames to rank. Insane? Absolutely. But I would still love to take on the challenge.

Official Mario Kart poll:

[tweet]

I don't have a favourite out of the two, personally speaking. Both have their own strengths. I'm a bit more partial towards Wario's Shipyard, for its (admittedly tenuous) connection to Wario Land--a series I like--but gameplay-wise I find them to be pretty much on par with each other.

I liked Waluigi pinball better with the Uncanny Valley Waluigi Statue.

said double dash bonus disk being the literal only visual appearance of said character until feh by the way which is incredibly funny to me considering how culturally important she is to the people of the games she's mentioned in

So it has just come to my attention that Pink Gold Peach was created because the Mario Kart 8 dev team felt they needed some more female heavyweight representation in their roster beside Rosalina.[ref1]

Needless to say, a very valid concern and I commend their attention to such matters. I'm just curious why the fuck didn't they bring back Honey Queen from one instalment prior instead of making up a clone character to that end.

Famitsu interview with MK8 core staff

DeepL translation:
Yabuki: Pink Gold Peach was born from the idea of having a female character who can enjoy driving in a heavy weight class. Rosetta is also a heavyweight, but she has a bigger cart, so the concept is a little different.

Probably didn't want to admit that they were strapped for time and needed to recolor Peach.

They should have brought back Honey Queen, I have no clue why she has the hatedom she has right now. She's a unique NPC in the Mario gallery in that she's also a friendly one rather than an enemy, and that she comes from Super Mario Galaxy as a rep. She's exactly what people want, unique and strange Mario character picks that no one saw coming.

I think it was mostly Waluigi's exclusion from MK7 that caused fans to chew out newcomers like Lakitu, Wiggler, and Honey Queen. There were quite a few vitriolic comments online along the lines of, "WHY'D THEY PUT THIS FAT FURRY BITCH NOBODY REMEMBERS? WHERE'S MY WALUIGI?", or so I remember. Methinks the perception that certain Mario characters are underutilised in spin-offs was not as prevalent back then, and people were more prone to cling to the mainstays.

Last edited:
I don't particularly care that they might have been strapped for time and needed another character so they just recolored Peach. I am annoyed that they tried to make her a thing at all by putting her in at least one other game, but whatever.

I'd like someone to tell me just who exactly asked for Baby Rosalina. I didn't see anyone at all asking for Baby Rosalina. There's no justification for her other than trying to cash in on the popularity Rosalina had after Galaxy.

I think it was mostly Waluigi's exclusion from MK7 that caused fans to chew out newcomers like Lakitu, Wiggler, and Honey Queen
and Metal Mario

if there's 100 Metal Mario fans, I'm one of them
if there's 2 Metal Mario fans, I'm the other
if there's 0 Metal Mario fans, I'm dead

Wiggler's one of my favorite editions, it was so cool to see them return since Power Tennis!
Love Wiggler too! It's too bad H. Queen won't really be playable again, though she's underrated.

So it has just come to my attention that Pink Gold Peach was created because the Mario Kart 8 dev team felt they needed some more female heavyweight representation in their roster beside Rosalina.[ref1]

Needless to say, a very valid concern and I commend their attention to such matters. I'm just curious why the fuck didn't they bring back Honey Queen from one instalment prior instead of making up a clone character to that end.

iirc didn't they include Honey Queen because she was a gentle giant and contrasted with the "wild" heavyweights like DK, Wario, and Bowser? Wiggler is kind of... in between, but generally a gentle giant with a hot head?

I guess people didn't like H. Queen partially due to Waluigi lacking in the roster and also she's a character that's not attractive enough for fandom levels that Rosalina and Daisy regularly enjoy.

Toadette should become default playable for upcoming NSMB games
yep. have her a fully playable character too, like don't restrict her to just that easy mode, please.

Yep. It goes without saying that if I think Metal Mario should be playable in more games, this means Pink Gold Peach can follow suit.

I like how Pink Gold Peach, so far, hasn't really been seen with her long hair barring a post-hole animation

PinkGoldPeachBirdie.png

But anyhow, I like her debut art the most. It makes her look like a maniac that would drive through your garage and she'd toss flower petals all over the destruction she left behind.

800px-Pink_Gold_Peach.png

I like PGP as an alter-ego of Peach who did away with her demureness and externalised traits she'd bottled up, like avarice (coating herself in gold) and defiance (what LGM said above).

said petals are metallic they're actually secretly a powerful superweapon capable of mass destruction
Ah, maybe the petals are gold rose stuff, and if you step on one, BOOM! There goes your apartment room! Except for a lingering a rose scent of course. Super concentrated perfume. Industrial stuff. Hard to wash off, even after several cycles. What a nightmare!

I like PGP as an alter-ego of Peach who did away with her demureness and externalised traits she'd bottled up, like avarice (coating herself in gold) and defiance (what LGM said above).
Yep! I envision Metal Mario as cool-headed, chill, and laid back to contrast with Mario's energy. Pink Gold Peach, however, is reckless, even moreso than Daisy, like she knows her metallicness grants her invincibility. She'd go sky diving without a parachute off an airship. She'd walk with Sushi and piranhas even if those two fish can't even exist together in the same body of water and even if piranhas are more of shy opportunists than aggressive. She'd blow up a nuclear power plant if it means a better shot for her photos.

Back