post any random Mario thought on your mind

Unlocked Toadette in Super Mario Run, only need Red Yoshi and then I got everyone

If I had to change Daisy, I'd make her built more like a body builder and have her shorter than the other princesses.

Not to the extremes, of course, but give her muscle and don't be afraid if it's going to "impact" her feminine figure or whatever. The point of her is not to be dainty and feeble but for to twist Waluigi into pretzels.

On Reddit, after noticing that there is a section on Sonic's subreddits for specific Sonic characters, I have decided to take a look at the Mario ones and see how many members they generally have. Note that certain characters could also couple as their specific franchise, so it's not necessarily clear cut, but it pretty much still counts as that specific character. Here are the following member counts:

1. r/Mario - 98723
  2. r/donkeykong - 10392
  3. r/Wario - 5881
  4. r/YosHi - 5291
  5. r/Rosalina - 660
  6. r/bowser - 530
  7. r/Luigi - 328
  8. r/BowserJr - 152
  9. r/Toadette - 89
  10. r/princess_daisy - 88
  11. r/Birdo - 77
  12. r/Toad - 34
  13. r/EverythingPeach - 12 (This is the only public Peach subreddit I can find, as the others have the NSFW label so I didn't include the one that has the closest to Peach's name)
  14. r/Nabbit - 10
  15. r/Waluigi - 45536

Apologies for putting the last one on the list at the last even though I ordered by member count, but the number surprised me so I thought it would be good to put it out of order. Anyway, as I outlined for Peach, there are subreddits that are clearly not safe for work, but suffice to say, those subreddits of that nature has more members than the safer subreddits.

Thank you for reading.

Reactions: zel
Hey that's actually precisely why I like Shroom Ridge a lot

You know what? So do I, actually! It's fascinating to see how mundane and down to Earth the Mushroom Kingdom universe can get sometimes.

My post wasn't necessarily a jab at the quality of the track (though I haven't played MKDS myself so first impressions may still be subject to change). It was just a quirky observation.

Oh your post read as a strike against Shroom Ridge, which was why I reacted with a Sad.

I mean, Mario Kart is probably that one game that would make heavy traffic seem like fun. Just imagine racing on the constant backs of cars lmao.

7 is the most forgettable Mario Kart. The others have their own identity.
Indeed, though it has a lot of really excellent tracks like DK Jungle, Rosalina's Ice World, Rainbow Road, Wario's Shipyard, Toad Circuit, Mario Circuit (come on it was pretty neat racing through Peach's Castle and through girly cherry blossoms THAT SHOULD BE IN EVERY MARIO CIRCUIT FROM THEREON OUT AS WELL AS PONIES AND RAINBOWS. The kart selection pales so much in comparison to Mario Kart 8, though, SO many ugly kart bodies and tires.

IT ALSO HAS METAL MARIO. I was forced to pay attention to Mario Kart 7 when debating on if Metal Mario is a character or not.

I like thinking Metal Mario is like T-1000 and can melt/shapeshift lol.

What is the point of kart customization? pre made cars already give you all the different weights and speeds. I like giving some karts monster truck wheels but that's it lol.

Last edited:
Assuming you're talking about MK8...

I was under the impression characters like Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina exist to offer players different weight class options derived from the more popular characters, which is fine, but those two you mention have near-identical stats to their vanilla variants. That they were implemented as separate roster choices is indeed mindboggling.

F893682D-BF56-42C7-ADAB-C8C34CA9B257.png

He's the one they call Dr. Feelgood!
He's the one that makes you feel alright!
He's the one they call Dr. Feelgood!
He's the only one they call Dr. Feeeeelgoooood!

Well I do feel that not enough games have been really unpacked and explored. It's been years I've been waiting for ripped voice effects for Mario et co for Super Mario Strikers. Weird that Switch Toolbox's the program being used to open these files, as I typically associate the program with newer games. I do wonder what's the deal with the guys but maybe it's some sort of placeholder. We don't know the full picture of the pre-release state of the game either, since these assets don't have a known concept art equivalent (honestly I don't think they can come up with designs without some sort of art involved y know, easier to sketch stuff out than model on a whim).

It's unfortunate the textures look kind of mosaic currently but I'm going to guess it's just an artifact of the current unpacking tools and they don't actually look like this, but I don't know too much about how files are put together.

So, good find, and good use of Switch Toolbox. I wish I knew how to unpack crap and I wish I had the time people do have to do this.

Raccoon Mario and Cat Peach being separate entities from Mario and Peach are way more mind boggling than the metal or baby alts
Stat differences in a nutshell. Meanwhile, Gold Mario and Breath of the Wild Link are not treated as separate characters, and yet the latter can appear in races alongside his Skyward Sword counterpart (the CPU never chooses the different colored Yoshis and Shy Guys).

It would be hell on Earth if CPUs were able to choose different colored Yoshis. It was bad enough with the Koopalings. 😩

It would be hell on Earth if CPUs were able to choose different colored Yoshis. It was bad enough with the Koopalings. 😩
At least the Koopalings are not joke characters, and they have different stat spreads. All the Yoshi colors share the same stats as the default green Yoshi; this also applies to the alternate Shy Guy colors.

So why didn't they include Captain Falcon as a driver?

Anyway, I finally unlocked the biddybuggy! My signature combination is now Inkling Girl/Mii, Biddybuggy, Cushion Tires, and Waddle Wing

Back