post any random Mario thought on your mind

Course then you look at the concept art for the paint and one of them is a cape with eyes on it which does remind me of something out of Kirby.

Though if that cape was their original idea it would also be pretty lame looking.

Mcmadness said:
Course then you look at the concept art for the paint and one of them is a cape with eyes on it which does remind me of something out of Kirby.

Though if that cape was their original idea it would also be pretty lame looking.
The cape was probably their original idea. Ir probably would have gotten a more flashy appearance if it were a final boss considering that Paper Mario final bosses usually do.
Though I'm probably the only guy who isn't impressed with how final form Black Bowser looks since it seems like just a bigger version of the original Black Bowser. Even Cardboard Bowser, appearance-wise mind you, looked more distinct since you saw him from the front and he was looking over an edge.

ThatGuy62 said:
The cape was probably their original idea. Ir probably would have gotten a more flashy appearance if it were a final boss considering that Paper Mario final bosses usually do.
Though I'm probably the only guy who isn't impressed with how final form Black Bowser looks since it seems like just a bigger version of the original Black Bowser. Even Cardboard Bowser, appearance-wise mind you, looked more distinct since you saw him from the front and he was looking over an edge.

Well the Paper Mario team seems to be pretty creatively bankrupt when it comes to Bowser fights. He's been using variations of the same stuff for years. Breath fire, jumping on you, hitting you with a melee attack or his shell.

Both visually and attack wise that fight could have gone over better.

I decided to try my hands on another Mario Kart roster concept.

Feather (1)
Baby Mario
Baby Peach
Luma
Boo
Sprixie Princess
Kirby
Mii (small)

Feather (2)
Baby Luigi
Baby Daisy
Dry Bones
Cappy
Kalimba Tiki
Lemmy

Light (1)
Toad
Toadette
Koopa Troopa
Shy Guy
Larry
Olimar

Light (2)
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Bowser Jr.
Lakitu
Nabbit
Wendy

Mid-Light (1)
Peach
Yoshi
Hammer Bro
Mona
E. Gadd
Hariet

Mid-Light (2)
Daisy
Birdo
Ashley
Pauline
Tiny Kong
Iggy

Medium
Mario
Luigi
Cranky Kong
Ludwig
Topper
Fox McCloud
Mii (medium)

Cruiser
Rosalina
Waluigi
Rango

Mid-Heavy
Donkey Kong
King Boo
Funky Kong
Kritter
Roy
Captain Falcon

Metal
Metal Mario
Pink Gold Peach
R.O.B.

Heavy
Bowser
Wario
Dry Bowser
King K. Rool
Morton
Spewart
Mii (large)

MnSG said:
I decided to try my hands on another Mario Kart roster concept.

Feather (1)
Baby Mario
Baby Peach
Luma
Boo
Sprixie Princess
Kirby
Mii (small)

Feather (2)
Baby Luigi
Baby Daisy
Dry Bones
Cappy
Kalimba Tiki
Lemmy

Light (1)
Toad
Toadette
Koopa Troopa
Shy Guy
Larry
Olimar

Light (2)
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Bowser Jr.
Lakitu
Nabbit
Wendy

Mid-Light (1)
Peach
Yoshi
Hammer Bro
Mona
E. Gadd
Hariet

Mid-Light (2)
Daisy
Birdo
Ashley
Pauline
Tiny Kong
Iggy

Medium
Mario
Luigi
Cranky Kong
Ludwig
Topper
Fox McCloud
Mii (medium)

Cruiser
Rosalina
Waluigi
Rango

Mid-Heavy
Donkey Kong
King Boo
Funky Kong
Kritter
Roy
Captain Falcon

Metal
Metal Mario
Pink Gold Peach
R.O.B.

Heavy
Bowser
Wario
Dry Bowser
King K. Rool
Morton
Spewart
Mii (large)

As fun as characters like Link were, I'm not too sure about having more than one guest star in Mario Kart at a time.

ThatGuy62 said:
As fun as characters like Link were, I'm not too sure about having more than one guest star in Mario Kart at a time.

The Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing, and Splatoon were all guests in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, so it's always possible to have more than one guest in the next Mario Kart installment.

MnSG said:
ThatGuy62 said:

The Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing, and Splatoon were all guests in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, so it's always possible to have more than one guest in the next Mario Kart installment.
I think the developer mentioned somewhere that that was specifically because it was for DLC/enhanced versions.

ThatGuy62 said:
I think the developer mentioned somewhere that that was specifically because it was for DLC/enhanced versions.

I guess I should've mentioned which characters would be DLC then.

MnSG said:
I guess I should've mentioned which characters would be DLC then.
In that case, fair enough.
That said, I would probably main Kirby in a heartbeat.

ThatGuy62 said:
In that case, fair enough.
That said, I would probably main Kirby in a heartbeat.

The main challenge would be to make sure that the roster is properly balanced without the inclusion of DLC characters.

The New Donk City festival mission in SMo makes me wonder if we're going to see Sonic-style loops in the next Mario game

I doubt it since the odyssey loops are just regular ground from a different perspective.

We've seen something similar with the Dash Pepper in Super Mario Galaxy 2, and we also have the goddamn flower thing in Odyssey, so...

So, I was playing Mario Kart Wii today and thinking about the how the balance of retro courses per game would work in the next Mario Kart, and I wondered if any of the arcade courses may ever make it into a main Mario Kart series game as a retro course or DLC or something? I don't know about the feasibility of it, as I've never played any of the arcade games or seen much of it, I was just wondering if they would ever acknowledge the arcade instalments in the main games.

The Arcade Courses have pretty simple layouts to compensate for the lack of precision of arcade steering wheels, but I think they can be worked with, especially given that simple layouts haven't stopped Nintendo from making Figure Hate Circuit, Yoshi Fails (even returning that one), and Cheep Cheep Total Drag-oon.

Speaking of Arcade, a friend of mine was able to give me some files from the GPDX Game.

And i extracted Rosalina's voice as usual in a high quality ♥ This is a great way to end the year.

Several sounds Rosalina makes , in Kerri's voice are not featured in any previous games which makes it a lot sweeter for me since i got even more clips for my mods.

These are perfect and once again demostrate the fact that Kerri did marvelous when portraying Rosalina in various situations, she even growls lol and it sounds funny yet still enjoyable and fitting in the Mario games while also sounding space-like and Unique. Love her.

Happy New Year betchessss.

I wonder how one can obtain the files for arcade games

I mean, do they have to sell a kidney to obtain the funds required to get a cabinet?

For some reason, I've always imagined each of the Koopalings having their own instruments.

Yeah Ludwig’s would be a piano but an Iron maiden at the same time.

I don't know why but I'm spontaneously in the mood to see an Arabian themed Mario game.

Obviously there have been such elements in Mario games in the past (Super Mario Bros 2 comes to mind) but I really want a game where they just go balls deep into that shit.

You reminded me that there was an arabian track in Mario Kart 7 (Shy Guy Bazaar)
You also reminded me that Nintendo has so many concepts for stages/worlds that are only used in Mario Kart for some reason.

Back