E3 2015 Hopes and Speculation

Oh look more Zelda.

*yawn*

I guess I'm glad I skipped through this one, lol. My only expectations were a new Mario sports game, and I guess I got what I wanted. Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam looks pretty neat so far, but Dream Team sort of bored me, and it uses Dream Team assets, but I'll wait and see how that goes. I guess perhaps they're placeholder.

GBAToad said:
man how do you *bleep* up animal crossing
animal crossing

answer: make a *bleep*ty board game out of it
I think Animal Crossing works much better on handheld, so I wouldn't be excited for Animal Crossing Wii U, but man, to quote Luigi, "Aw, what happened?"

But dayum, now they're whoring the money the amiibos can make, lol.

God, looking back at the Sunday megaton of the Smash trailer + NWC + Mother 1 VC bomb, I was expecting them to pull out all the stops.

At least the Treehouse seems to be exuding their positive energy into me.

Mario Party Σ said:
But dayum, now they're whoring the money the amiibos can make, lol.
hopefully they actually produce more amiibos to sell then

I mean this direct was focused on new titles that will release in 2015-early 2016 so the absence of anything substantial (bar StarFox) for the Wii U is clear indication that Nintendo is 'transforming' in the sense that they're completely ditching the Wii U (or letting it slowly die, rather) in favour of their next console to be announced at E3 2016. I wouldn't be surprised if they're already preparing major titles for launch, such as Zelda Wii U lol

Coming off the cuffs of their last E3 presentation and Sony's presentation this year, I think a lot of people's expectations were much higher than usual for Nintendo, and so any disappointments seemed much worse than what they really were. In all honesty, the only real disappointment for me was Animal Crossing wii u, everything else was just boring as hell.

At this point, I'm only looking forward to Smash DLC and Mario Maker for Wii U, and that makes me kinda upset. I hope there's some additional announcements through Treehouse over the next few days, but at this point it's looking pretty bleak.

those puppets will haunt my sleep-deprived dreams

Well, we still have great games coming out. YWW, Super Mario Maker, Fire Emblem Fates, Star Fox Zero, Zelda U, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and new additions to that list with M&L: Paper Jam, Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, the new Zelda 3DS game...

As I said before, the problem with the presentation was the fact that they kind of hyped everything up with the weekend, but they really didn't have anything new to present. And the stuff that they did talk about was basically the aftermath of these past 2 years focusing all their efforts on making big games for the Wii U like Super Mario 3D World, Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, and Sm4sh. The 3DS was rather neglected this past year, with like OR/AS and MM3D being two big games that came out for it. It kind of was fated to be a rather dissappointing presentation, since most of the stuff shown was stuff we already knew about, and the people making those big games these past few years need development time making more big games again, which is why there weren't so many good-looking new games.

I do wish that we didn't have to deal with that talk about Skylanders and Amiibo. Like it's as though they just wanted us to have nightmares.

Mario Tennis U and Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam both look pretty good too. I'm glad people like Star Fox: Zero so far.

What if they delayed Link Wii U to the next generation? I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

My expectations weren't TOO big since I play only Mario and Smash. I was never super hyped for Smash 4-related anything, especially with those leaked files on Ryu and Roy, so the surprise is spoiled for me.

GBAToad said:
those puppets will haunt my sleep-deprived dreams
They've already destroyed a lot of people's dreams.

Lapis Lazuli said:
The 3DS was rather neglected this past year, with like OR/AS and MM3D being two big games that came out for it.

And the hell of it is that those are both remakes.

i mean ffs

so basically f-zero in a different skin...?

Looking back it wasn't so bad. Mario and Luigi Paper Jam, Mario Tennis Smash Ultra and Star Fox look really good. I think it only left a bad impression because of the garbage it announced.

The Animal Crossing one looks really lame and lifeless.

I don't get why people think e3 is horrible, but I do say it's mildly disappointing. I can't say how the Samus fans are faring though, but they must feel horrible right now.

I think the worst things it showed were Metroid Blast Ball, Animal Crossing Party, especially since they showed someone scanning an Isabelle amiibo on the Wii U making everyone think it was Animal Crossing U, Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer and SMT x FE.

Honestly though, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash was the only thing I cared. We really needed a Mario spin-off multiplayer game.

The Animal Crossing party looked awful, though. Like horrendous levels of bad. You also need one amiibo per player. Yeah, tough ---- with the current amiibo situation.

i can't even describe the feeling of having believed i'd seen HD animal crossing for a split second before noticing the board game spaces on the ground and having all of those hopes dashed in an instant

i guess with the rumours about NX being a cross-platform...thing... i can hope there'll be an Animal Crossing game which is tailored to both portables and home-consoles but i'll take whatever at this point so long as it's actually resembles animal crossing and not mario party. hopefully happy home designer is a taste of the level of customisation to come (there's chandeliers, adjustable carpets and actual front yards, cool)

My verdict: it wasn't bad, giving us great titles like Star Fox and the Mario RPG crossover, but it was a disappointment. Here's how accurate my predictions were.

Lumastar said:
Lumastar said:
My Predictions for Nintendo
- Star Fox Wii U kicks off the conference. Single player and multiplayer are both shown off. It comes out this holiday. Yup, nope, and yup. 2/3
- Super Mario Maker is shown. A recap is given from the NWC, a new trailer is shown, and the special amiibo that got leaked is announced to launch in a bundle with the game. The game and amiibo are announced to launch on September 11th, and by the end of June the game's release date is changed by somewhere between a day and a week. Yup, except for the bundle and last thing for now. 1
- Paper Mario Wii U is confirmed. The game's new mechanic revolves around origami, and the game is set to launch in early 2016. Nope. We got a crossover with the Mario & Luigi series for 3DS. However, origami does appear and the title is coming in Spring 2016. 1/2
- Mario Strikers Wii U is happening. It is once again developed by Next Level Games. It will launch at the end of the year. Nope, but we are getting a Mario Tennis game for Wii U. As for Next Level... 0
- A remake of Sunshine is confirmed to be happening for Wii U. It will be released on the e-Shop this winter. This was kind of a joke, but nope. I honestly didn't really lean toward expecting this and should have left it out. 0
- Blast Ball is shown off again. It will release by the end of the year. It was shown again as a Metroid spin-off, but it's not coming this year. 1/2
- A new third-party partnership is shown off. Yes, with Activision and Skylanders. Hey, that counts! 1
- A new trailer is shown for Project Treasure. Details about gameplay are given. The title will launch in Fall worldwide. (Japan gets it early.) As far as I know, nope. 0
- New details about Shin Megami Tensai X Fire Emblem are given, including a trailer. The title is still given a launch window of 2016. Yes! 1
- Details about Fire Emblem if are shown. Japan gets a short launch trailer while everywhere else gets a recap of details already revealed in Japan. I haven't seen Japan's version of the presentation, but for us that's kind of what we got (rather a recap overall for the most part). I also realized I forgot to predict a date. 1
- Rhythm Heaven: The Best Plus is confirmed for a worldwide release. A trailer is shown. The game will release by the end of the year. Sadly no appearance. 0
- Yoshi's Woolly World gets a short presentation. The game and amiibo will release in North America on August 14th, 2015. It got a presentation (I'm debating whether I should take off for predicting it was short), but it comes out in October for some reason. Freaking ridiculous. 1/2
- We get a third-party reel. Oddly not. 0
- We get an indie reel almost immediately after. Again, oddly not. Though they did upload a few indie trailers before the event. 0
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer is shown off. Details about interacting with other players are revealed. After a new trailer, a new announcement is confirmed. I got 2/3. Once again I forgot a date, but it is coming sooner than I thought. 2/3 (would have been 1/2 with a date)
- Animal Crossing Wii U is happening and will release in Spring of 2016. The game features more content, new multiplayer features, and at least one new location to travel to. I correctly predicted an Animal Crossing for Wii U, new content, and new multiplayer features, but I did not predict it being a party game coming this holiday. Who knows, maybe this will be good. Don't get your hopes up though. 1/2 I guess. (?)
- The leaked Animal Crossing amiibo figures are shown off. Their functionality is explained. In the Wii U game, they give boosts to the player. For example, the Maple amiibo gives discounts at the Able Sisters. There is a limit to how many times you can use these amiibo. I correctly predicted the amiibo and their functionality being shown off, but my example was way off. Eh, I'll let it slide since it ties into my last prediction. You could also say that allowing you to play would really help you if you want to succeed in the game. 1
- A new Diddy Kong Racing is shown off for Wii U. It is led my Monster Games with assistance from Retro Studios. Nope. 0
- The next installments in the Metroid franchise are shown off. Both a Wii U and 3DS Metroid game, 3D and 2D respectively, are being developed and will be released in 2016. The biggest news is that the Wii U version is being co-developed by Platinum Games and Retro Studios. Retro and another company are making the 3DS version. Yes to two new games, no to what they are, yes to the date, and an excused no to the Wii U devs. I'm not sure how Retro is involved, but if they and Next Level Games are teaming up then I guess that's correct. 1/2
I'm adding two more:
- Xenoblade Chronicles X release by September; announced with the other titles coming outside of Japan later. It was shown, but it is coming in December. 1/2
- Also, there will be DLC for at least one out of Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon. Nope. 0

Another leak related to a Mario crossover has surfaced BTW, but I won't believe it until it is confirmed. However, it does look more realistic than that "leak" a while back. Also, this is not the reason I added that prediction. This also seems to be fake BTW. This doesn't count, but I did seem to predict it likely being fake. It still could be legit and be announced later; I'll have to look at it again.

I also seem to have forgotten Hyrule Warriors 3DS, but I'll count that as a free space since it was basically confirmed when it got leaked. So 1.
Let's tally it up:

I got 10 1/3. Hooray! (Not really.)

square-enix was more or less boring too, but holy hell did their line-up look good compared to what nintendo had (short summary: a new nier game was announced (developed by platinum games), a tomb raider mobile game, kingdom hearts unchained key (mobile game), star ocean 4, and project sasuke, which is a new original rpg series, and a bunch of new trailers/gameplay were shown for rise of the tomb raider, just cause 3, hitman, deus ex mankind divided, kingdom hearts 3, world of final fantasy, and also theyve shown the trailer of ff7 remake again with added "more information in winter").

just imagine if they'd pulled the ff7 remake trailer only now instead of at sony too
tbh they wouldve won probably

That was okay, just okay. Was really expecting and hoping a lot more from Nintendo and they failed to deliver.

Star fox, was good, mario and luigi paper crossover looks good but everything else was really bleh. I think mario maker is going to very good but you dont finish on it after showing it off at the world championships. I still thought it entertained me.

Bit late to this party, but I'll toss my two cents in.

I feel like Nintendo backed themselves into a corner a bit- they've started bringing FE and Xenoblade out of Japan now, understandably, because they've gotten a lot of fans very recently. However, this is a dilemma: do they focus on these "new" series and please those fans, or do they give more love to the "older" series like StarFox, Metroid, and Donkey Kong? StarFox got this new game, and the Metroid games look really nice, too, although I probably won't get either.

That being said, I do agree that this show was a bit of a disappointment, mostly because we all expected something absolutely amazing. With the other companies bringing such big titles out (like FF7, which I may consider getting, coming from someone who has NEVER played a FF game before), Nintendo brought out things they've been hyping for months already with a few new titles.

For all they're working Mario for this year, I'm surprised that they only had two new Mario games out. The Mario&Luigi/Paper Mario crossover looks interesting, and although I do like a good game of Mario Tennis, I do believe those are still the same voice cuts that they had on the GBA version, perhaps even further back than that. Honestly, I can't see MarioMaker being that much of a biggie this year. I feel like people will buy it, love it, and then get bored with it after a few days. We'll see when the demo reviews start coming in.

The new handheld Zelda game looks great. I loved LoZ:LbW, so I'm seriously thinking about buying it if I can get a team of three together. Co-op should be fun!

I'm excited for the Animal Crossing 3DS game: that was my favorite part of City Folk, creating my house and buying new furniture, and the graphics for this one look awesome!

I already know I'm getting the Pokemon-knockoff from Level 5 this year- I've had nothing but good experiences with them, and I'm interested to see what this one is all about. I don't think it'll ever beat out Pokemon, but it might get some staying power here.

All of that being said, I'm ready for these Fire Emblem games to be released already. I'm tired of seeing them in Directs, and it seems every time they show the same things, but with a new coat of paint. Cutscenes!and a little gameplay Characters!and a little gameplay For someone that's not into the series, I get that everyone's excited for them, but when this is what Nintendo's been giving us for months already, I wish they would just finish them and move on to something else.

Last thought, I feel like they're majorly setting up for next year now. They'll have new stuff to be working on, and the main star is going to be Pokemon. Nintendo's last of the major franchises to have a major birthday, so they better have some good things for Pokemon (although I know they will)

Nintendo was good...but I still think Sony did it better. BUT...let's see what Square Enix has for us now, can they dominate E3? We shall see.

To be honest I don't think Nintendo's was that bad. It definitely wasn't great though (okay is how I'd describe it), too much developer story (leave those for separate videos seriously) and strange design choices.

Highlight was the Fire Emblem, though Paper Jam and Triforce Heroes have my interest as well. The Metroid game is literally the most stupid thing and I'm highly disappointed in that sense.

And if the Animal Crossing board game didn't require amiibo, I think it would be a legitimately good game.

I don't remember anything else, so I'm not saying anything else.

supermariofan said:
Nintendo was good...but I still think Sony did it better. BUT...let's see what Square Enix has for us now, can they dominate E3? We shall see.

square is long over lol

i posted a summary if you scroll up

Back