E3 2015 Hopes and Speculation

Lucina said:
for honor is perhaps the most stupid game name ive seen in while

I prefer For Glory.

Eri Ayase said:
Purple Yoshi said:
At E3, what would be your "shut up and take my money" game?

The usual suspects:

-Shenmue III (not gonna happen I know)
-A HD remake of FFVI (^) (just imagine i wrote 7)
-And something unexpected I see that makes me insanely hyped (there's usually one game like that in every E3).

2/3

Paper Jorge said:
fuck rare replays

fuck that so fucking hard
Why?

Eri Ayase said:
words cannot describe what just happened
I thought Sony's was absolutely great. We got THREE highly requested titles that people thought would never happen. So far, it's Sony>Bethesda>Microsoft>Ubisoft>>>>Electronic Arts for me.

Lumastar said:
Paper Jorge said:
fuck rare replays

Why?

>hype up rare something all e3
>it ends up being 30 rare games for $30
>in spite of the fact that this is a good deal no banjo-threeie kills it
>then rare proceeds to reveal fucking pirate MMO

srsly

Paul Heyman said:
Lumastar said:
Paper Jorge said:
fuck rare replays

Why?

>hype up rare something all e3
>it ends up being 30 rare games for $30
>in spite of the fact that this is a good deal no banjo-threeie kills it
>then rare proceeds to reveal fucking pirate MMO

srsly
True, but:

1. Like you said, Rare Replay is a good deal. It will also bring many great titles to Xbox One and it has the potential to introduce many of Rare's games to a new audience.
2. The Rare pirate MMO does look kind of interesting. While a sequel to one of their older franchises would have been amazing, this new title does have potential. I'll wait until we see more of it before I start bashing it. At the very least it's not more Kinect Sports.
3. We're getting Yooka-Laylee next year.

assholes heavily hinted at something worthwhile, something that was gonna sell me on the xbone

im keeping my paycheck

So, yeah, Sony's conference was pretty much the stuff of legends and without a doubt probably their best conference ever, if not in a while, although the Shenmue 3 kickstarter plug was tacky. I wonder if all three of those megatons will live up to their expectations. I think it's safe to say they're going to "win" E3 as much as I think it's a silly thing all together.

Jesus Christ at EA's conference though. Just....what in the name of fuck. Absolute drag.

That said, here is what I'm going to predict for Nintendo tomorrow. Sony's conference taught me that anything can happen.

Pretty much guaranteed to be there
-Star Fox
-Mario Maker (quick mention + release)
-Yoshi's Woolly World

Assuming
-Splatoon dlc, but I really hope they don't spend too long on it
-Mario Kart dlc, I'll be surprised if they're going to not make at least another pack considering how well the past two were received

Rumored
-Paper Mario Wii U
-Retro Game (apparently "diddy kong" was registered in the EU not too long ago so people are speculating dk racing 2)

Let me dream
-Mother 3 localization
-Metroid Prime-like Metroid game
-Wario World 2 or Wario Land 6
-A Kirby game of any sort
-Smash trailer for upcoming fighter(s)

I'll bet something about Zelda will be there
and didn't they say they we're working on two metroid games last year?

I'm very positive Zelda will be shown off.

The only thing said in that announcement about the delay was that they weren't going to have the playable demo at E3 since they are revamping a bit of the gameplay. No where did they say that they weren't going to talk about Zelda at all.

SHENMUE FUCKING 3 WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING

DragonFreak said:
(Don't give any money to Rare, spend it on Playtonic instead)
Good answer

-except on the collection because good Rare B)

sony's conference was amazing omg

no man's sky, firewatch, horizon, the last guardian, and fallout 4 (even though that was at bethezda's thing) were all spectacular.

definitely gonna start saving for a ps4 for next year

about half an hour to go i hope i can physically stay up long enough

LAST MINUTE HOPES/EXPECTATIONS:

Rhythm Heaven Localisation
Animal Crossing U
Mario Maker
Yoshi's Woolly World
'Diddy Kong'
Metroid

WILL NEVER HAPPEN EVER BUT WOULD BE AMAZING IF IT DID:

Mother 3
New WarioWare
Luigi's Mansion Wii U

Expect to see:

Star Fox
Mario Maker
Wolly World
Splatoon DLC
Xenoblade Chronicles X
New Thrid Party games
New retro studies game
Amiibo shit

Want to see:

Zelda U
New Metroid
New F-Zero
New Paper Mario
Mother 3
Gamecube VC
Big AAA titles coming to Wii U

Lumastar said:
My Predictions for Nintendo
- Star Fox Wii U kicks off the conference. Single player and multiplayer are both shown off. It comes out this holiday.
- Super Mario Maker is shown. A recap is given from the NWC, a new trailer is shown, and the special amiibo that got leaked is announced to launch in a bundle with the game. The game and amiibo are announced to launch on September 11th, and by the end of June the game's release date is changed by somewhere between a day and a week.
- Paper Mario Wii U is confirmed. The game's new mechanic revolves around origami, and the game is set to launch in early 2016.
- Mario Strikers Wii U is happening. It is once again developed by Next Level Games. It will launch at the end of the year.
- A remake of Sunshine is confirmed to be happening for Wii U. It will be released on the e-Shop this winter.
- Blast Ball is shown off again. It will release by the end of the year.
- A new third-party partnership is shown off.
- A new trailer is shown for Project Treasure. Details about gameplay are given. The title will launch in Fall worldwide. (Japan gets it early.)
- New details about Shin Megami Tensai X Fire Emblem are given, including a trailer. The title is still given a launch window of 2016.
- Details about Fire Emblem if are shown. Japan gets a short launch trailer while everywhere else gets a recap of details already revealed in Japan.
- Rhythm Heaven: The Best Plus is confirmed for a worldwide release. A trailer is shown. The game will release by the end of the year.
- Yoshi's Woolly World gets a short presentation. The game and amiibo will release in North America on August 14th, 2015.
- We get a third-party reel.
- We get an indie reel almost immediately after.
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer is shown off. Details about interacting with other players are revealed. After a new trailer, a new announcement is confirmed.
- Animal Crossing Wii U is happening and will release in Spring of 2016. The game features more content, new multiplayer features, and at least one new location to travel to.
- The leaked Animal Crossing amiibo figures are shown off. Their functionality is explained. In the Wii U game, they give boosts to the player. For example, the Maple amiibo gives discounts at the Able Sisters. There is a limit to how many times you can use these amiibo.
- A new Diddy Kong Racing is shown off for Wii U. It is led my Monster Games with assistance from Retro Studios.
- The next installments in the Metroid franchise are shown off. Both a Wii U and 3DS Metroid game, 3D and 2D respectively, are being developed and will be released in 2016. The biggest news is that the Wii U version is being co-developed by Platinum Games and Retro Studios. Retro and another company are making the 3DS version.
I'm adding two more:
- Xenoblade Chronicles X release by September; announced with the other titles coming outside of Japan later.
- Also, there will be DLC for at least one out of Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon.

Another leak related to a Mario crossover has surfaced BTW, but I won't believe it until it is confirmed. However, it does look more realistic than that "leak" a while back. Also, this is not the reason I added that prediction.

Back