E3 2015 Hopes and Speculation

me and xp watched nintendos earlier and i thought it was pretty decent
it couldve been better but it was decent
im def gonna get yarn yoshi, mario maker, and sf0
maybe fe, i still need to finish awakening lol

@dippy: i honestly have never watched any other ones so i wouldn't know whether they've been disappointing or not. i guess it was probably a bit of a generalisation mostly based on what i thought of it and a few other things i see, but yeah.
just to clarify, i didn't mean that it justified it being bad, it was just something i wanted to sorta say because lots of people were getting their hopes up and nintendo didn't deliver. idk i probably didn't word it very well, sorry
i mean really a lot of it was sorta caused by nintendo because they had all the pre-event things which built up hype and then a really lackluster event
idk im not sure what i was trying to say there anymore tbh. ive had a tiring couple of weeks so im a bit out of it atm

Basically here's my opinion of all of them, having seen them all:

Bethesda: Pretty good, I wonder if mods on console will really take off what with the gray area they occupy. DISHONORED 2
Microsoft: We finally got a real gaming conference from them, and backwards compatibility is making me realise how the Xbone is kinda maybe a bit better.
EA: Mnnehhhhh Mass Effect?
Ubisoft: Surprisingly few cringe-moments, though nothing aside from the Stick of Truth sequel really interested me.
Sony: Aw yeah. Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank...
Nintendo: Ehhhhh... I guess Star Fox Zero is alright. FE14's English name sucks.
Square Enix: Aside from Just Cause 3, meh.

Meh I don't see anything wrong with using digital directs. In fact, digital streaming events seems to be the norm now, with the advent of Twitch and stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if other companies followed suit. Digital events would lack the crowd atmosphere though, and that's the biggest advantage the convention has.

Who here got pissed off with Nintendo not announcing SMS2 or SMG3? I did got pissed off. Seriously, why can't Nintendo listen to their fans and take fan input like how Capcom used to?

Baby Luigi said:
Meh I don't see anything wrong with using digital directs. In fact, digital streaming events seems to be the norm now, with the advent of Twitch and stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if other companies followed suit. Digital events would lack the crowd atmosphere though, and that's the biggest advantage the convention has.

Well, a crowd can be a big advantage, or a big disadvantage. I think that E3 2010 didn't go so well when they were trying to show off Skyward Sword and it ended up having sensitivity issues, making it kind of a mess for Nintendo.

Maybe it's also more cost-efficient, or maybe they just want to get inventive with how they present it so that it draws more attention, such as with the muppet dolls of them.

Pwwnd123 said:
Who here got pissed off with Nintendo not announcing SMS2 or SMG3?

yes let's get excited for yet another remake/rehash, that'll show those dumb other companies and their stupid innovation

Pwwnd123 said:
Who here got pissed off with Nintendo not announcing SMS2 or SMG3? I did got pissed off. Seriously, why can't Nintendo listen to their fans and take fan input like how Capcom used to?

i didnt.

also capcom didnt use to, that was proven with mml3.

Pwwnd123 said:
I'd get pissed off if Nintendo DID announce Sunshine 2 or Galaxy 3 and no Mario sports games.

Mario Party Σ said:
Pwwnd123 said:
I'd get pissed off if Nintendo DID announce Sunshine 2 or Galaxy 3
Baby Luigi said:
Pwwnd123 said:

yes let's get excited for yet another remake/rehash, that'll show those dumb other companies and their stupid innovation
^^^^^^You gett it again.

I'm probably the only one who had not set any expectations on E3.

But after hearing about how Metroid fans are reacting, and news of a petition made to cancel the game made me think of playing the world's smallest violin. (Seriously, a petition to have the game cancelled, made me wish I never got into Metroid in the first place.)

DragonFreak said:
Mario Party Σ said:
Pwwnd123 said:
I'd get pissed off if Nintendo DID announce Sunshine 2 or Galaxy 3
Baby Luigi said:
Pwwnd123 said:

^^^^^^You gett it again.

Well your post was pretty spot on too ;)

TheFarmboy said:

But after hearing about how Metroid fans are reacting, and news of a petition made to cancel the game made me think of playing the world's smallest violin. (Seriously, a petition to have the game cancelled, made me wish I never got into Metroid in the first place.)

It's one thing to be disappointed (like a lot) it's another thing to start childish petitions to get a goddamn video game canceled

Well luckily, they're just grains of sand. Nothing will happen even if a million people sign it.

I'm still sad that there's this much stupid people in the world though.

TheFarmboy said:

My expectations are so low (I want just a Mario sports game), so my reaction is mellow, but I can't help feeling disappointed somehow too. I guess it's empathy for the fans.

Cirdec said:
Petition is getting close to 15 000 sign ups. That's terrifying.
Over a form of electronic entertainment. That's not terrifying, that's just pathetic.

They're valid forms of request for U.S. government to take action (the government does respond to petitions), but this is just ridiculous. At least, that's how it works in the U.S., if I'm correct.

I still cannot believe Shenmue 3 fucking happened.

It's been ages since I played the first one and I never even touched the second one.

Although there's plenty of time left for me to play both since Shenmue 3 is currently slated for a december 2017 release (my guess is it will release late 2018 though, like september or october).

Until then there's a lot of shit to be cleared:
-Shenmue 1&2 rerelease fucking when?
-will yu suzuki officially become a deity?
-and what has sega got to do with all of this? afaik they havent spoken up at all yet, and iirc they still own all the rights to shenmue since they've been using ryo in sonic racing and all that shit.

also, im gonna listen to this at least once a day for the next couple years now:

I was hoping to get into Metroid more. I only have the original, Super Metroid and Other M. Unfortunately, this digital event did jack shit!

supermariofan said:
I was hoping to get into Metroid more. I only have the original, Super Metroid and Other M. Unfortunately, this digital event did jack shit!

How about waiting more information before judging the game?

Baby Luigi said:
Pwwnd123 said:

Super Mario Galaxy won't be a thing like the original Castlevania for the 8-bit NES and Vampire Killer for the MSX which spawned several remake/retellings in the forms of Super Castlevania IV for SNES and Akumajou Dracula X68000 for the mighty Sharp X68000 home computer in Japan (brought over/ported/remastered as Castlevania Chronicles for the Sony PlayStation 1 in 2001 with an interview with Koji Igarashi added in as a bonus for Westerners out there). Galaxy 2 is a direct sequel and is not like what Super Castlevania IV is to Castlevania 1 on NES.

Galaxy 3 should be better than Galaxy 2 by featuring the Unreal Engine 4 and it should push the Wii U hardware limits like Galaxy 2 did to the Wii/GameCube hardware. Galaxy 2's graphics is far beyond anything that could have possibly have been outputted by the PlayStation 2's Graphics Synthesizer.

Galaxy 2 is a direct sequel, so that automatically excuses it from all those rehashed elements and gameplay.

it should push the Wii U hardware limits like Galaxy 2 did to the Wii/GameCube hardware
Galaxy 2's graphics is far beyond anything that could have possibly have been outputted by the PlayStation 2's Graphics Synthesizer.
Those are an exaggeration.

Back