E3 2015 Hopes and Speculation

everything about this was meh

star fox and paper jam both have the potential to be good but aren't enough to hype me until i see more

super mario maker and yoshi's wooly world will probably be good but we already knew about those so whoopee?

i can't really complain because after all the money they've been sucking out of our pockets the past year i need a break

Announcements of Star Fox Zero, Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam (also Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World) were okay.
The rest were meh.
They didn't really focused on big titles such as Zelda Wii U, Ika Musume x Splatoon DLC (for the West).
Last year, they announced a lot of titles and new IPs. This year, there's only a few big titles announced and that is Star Fox and Mario Maker.

Nintendo is in dead last.

Nabber said:
well, i at least liked the muppets... wish they showed more of those

I have a feeling there will be Statler and Waldorf images that make joke on the expense of Nintendo's E3 sooner or later xP

supermariofan said:
Eri Ayase said:
supermariofan said:
Square Enix won!

well if you count the ff7 reveal vid

yes

its like 2013 except theyre always winning on a sony conference
They showed more of Kingdom Hearts 3!

true

still the best thing to come out of square today was one of the forbidden apples (ff7 hd remake) of gaming

Mario Party Σ said:
What if they delayed Link Wii U to the next generation? I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

We don't even know what the NX is, and looking at it, it's probably going to be the new replacement for the handhelds. Wii U still has at least another 2 years before it'll get a replacement. They've definitely shown that they are committed to the Wii U right now. And they would not skip a Zelda game for a console. Those games get tons of hype and sales.

Threek said:
Lapis Lazuli said:
The 3DS was rather neglected this past year, with like OR/AS and MM3D being two big games that came out for it.

And the hell of it is that those are both remakes.

i mean ffs

Exactly. It makes sense why the Wii U is kind of on the back burner right now, except for the Wii U games they have right now coming in store still for this year (YWW, Mario Maker, SFZ, MT:US, M&S2016). I'm sure that there will be plenty of games in 2016 for the Wii U, but probably not till the holiday season.

I just realized something.

Star Fox Zero

Star Fox Zero

F-Zero

F-Zero NX confirmed.

Lapis Lazuli said:
I'm sure that there will be plenty of games in 2016 for the Wii U, but probably not till the holiday season.
Ugh, please not another barren summer of no releases. Nintendo needs to plan out releases better. Aside from Splatoon, the Wii U is getting nothing this summer. Besides Smash DLC.

Lapis Lazuli said:
We don't even know what the NX is, and looking at it, it's probably going to be the new replacement for the handhelds.

I used to feel this, but after this direct I'm thoroughly convinced it's a replacement for the Wii U. The only new Wii U game they announced was Animal Crossing Party (and we all know how that went down) and Mario Tennis, which is a throwaway title. I will honestly be surprised if they actually have anything substantial left for the Wii U.

Fuck, they should've just announced all their games in development if they have them and have a CGI trailer. Sony did so and everyone lost their shit and I guarantee we will see those same 3 games at E3 2016.

Glitchy said:
Sylveon said:
I just realized something.

Star Fox Zero

Star Fox Zero

F-Zero

F-Zero NX confirmed.

Already said that in the Star Fox thread.
FUCKIN' NINJAS.

FUCKIN' NINJAS

Glitchyyyyyyy

Glitchy confirmed for N3

Gamefreak75 said:
Lapis Lazuli said:
We don't even know what the NX is, and looking at it, it's probably going to be the new replacement for the handhelds.

I used to feel this, but after this direct I'm thoroughly convinced it's a replacement for the Wii U. The only new Wii U game they announced was Animal Crossing Party (and we all know how that went down) and Mario Tennis, which is a throwaway title. I will honestly be surprised if they actually have anything substantial left for the Wii U.

Fuck, they should've just announced all their games in development if they have them and have a CGI trailer. Sony did so and everyone lost their shit and I guarantee we will see those same 3 games at E3 2016.

Well, Star Fox Zero and Zelda U are also coming. I'm sure we're going to get some other 2016 Wii U games announced in later months.

And NX could be a completely different experience. If they are announcing it in 2016, then that means that we can expect a 2017 launch at earliest. If they learned from Wii U, they are going to advertisement the new console a lot, and they won't wait until 5 months before the release date that the thing still exists, or 2 months before it comes out to release price and release date.

I mean in the most ass-backwards and sadistic sort of way, the failure of the direct and lack of surprise announcements is sort of a hopeful sign that Nintendo isn't going to make the same mistake with the Wii U and launch the NX with lackluster launch titles...assuming all their teams are working on games for that console and won't pull a Next Level Games curveball at us. I hope they do the same thing Sony and Microsoft did back in 2013: give details and stuff about the console in spring, show software and the like at E3, then launch it that holiday. But who knows?

It's a shame that it turned out NLG is working on that Metroid Prime title. I don't think it will be godawful and might provide some enjoyment of some sort, but I really hope doing that didn't tarnish their names in the eyes of some, especially since they were responsible for the excellent Punch Out!! and Luigi's Mansion dark moon. I'm not sure how big their team is, but I hope all their efforts aren't put into that game. Anyone here that can clarify?

Just wait when they announce thedang thing, they'll probably say "No backwards compatibility"

Oh for fuck's sakes you can't even squeeze two words into one to hide your cursing on this site?! Holyshit!

well
tbh i guess everyone had their hopes up too high
i think half the reason i didn't like it was because like half of it wasn't even new

paper mario and luigi looked good, too bad it only releases in 2016
i actually didn't think the amiibolanders thing was that bad. bowser actually looked kinda fun to play as *holds up flame shield* (too bad he seems to be exclusive to the inferior wii/3ds versions...)
new metroid didn't look amazing... basically the same thoughts that i had about blast ball. although it makes me sad that this is immediately getting heaps of hate even though the devs have made some pretty good games solely because its not the metroid everyone wanted. i mean i dont have super high expectations or anything but it'd be sad for next level games to have their reputation suffer
star fox looked kinda cool but from what i've seen i think i'd have to actually play it before i decide whether i'd like it.

but the real highlight of the event was obviously the muppets. absolutely amazing (although the transformation into star fox characters was nightmare fuel..............)

i haven't watched any other presentations and dont really have time, but i'll probably look for whatever thing showed off kingdom hearts 3 since that is a non-nintendo game that im looking forward to.

I had very little expectations going into it and I was still disappointed lol

Sony's was great but it was the only other one I watched. I watched all ProJared's videos about each event and what he thought about them to learn what games were shown rather than slog through an hour or so for the few games I might actually be interested in.

hell even if all the games from sony end up sucking

that was easily the most hype press conference in e3 history

I am very disappointed with no Super Mario Galaxy 3 or Sunshine 2 announcement.

Epic Nitwit said:
well
tbh i guess everyone had their hopes up too high
i think half the reason i didn't like it was because like half of it wasn't even new

paper mario and luigi looked good, too bad it only releases in 2016
i actually didn't think the amiibolanders thing was that bad. bowser actually looked kinda fun to play as *holds up flame shield* (too bad he seems to be exclusive to the inferior wii/3ds versions...)
new metroid didn't look amazing... basically the same thoughts that i had about blast ball. although it makes me sad that this is immediately getting heaps of hate even though the devs have made some pretty good games solely because its not the metroid everyone wanted. i mean i dont have super high expectations or anything but it'd be sad for next level games to have their reputation suffer
star fox looked kinda cool but from what i've seen i think i'd have to actually play it before i decide whether i'd like it.

but the real highlight of the event was obviously the muppets. absolutely amazing (although the transformation into star fox characters was nightmare fuel..............)

i haven't watched any other presentations and dont really have time, but i'll probably look for whatever thing showed off kingdom hearts 3 since that is a non-nintendo game that im looking forward to.
I find it funny how convenient it is that the "our expectations were too high!" excuse can always be wheeled out when Nintendo's conference is shit, but never when the other companies' conferences are shit

Back