E3 2015 Hopes and Speculation

Eri Ayase said:
Well if you go by that definition, the term "objective" would apply to next to nothing.

I always think that objectivity means that it's just something not influenced by your own views.
That's true.

But saying that "Nintendo is objectively worse than whatever" is a statement of your opinion, something influenced by your own views.

Mario Party Σ said:
Eri Ayase said:
Well if you go by that definition, the term "objective" would apply to next to nothing.

I always think that objectivity means that it's just something not influenced by your own views.
That's true.

But saying that "Nintendo is objectively worse than whatever" is a statement of your opinion, something influenced by your own views.

^This.

I mean, the entire Nintendo conference you were complaining about it as soon as they started. I'm not sure if you even gave it a chance.

I will say that Star Fox Zero looked cool even though I wish it played like Adventures.

I would also like to point out that this digital event felt more like a build up to next year's digital event. When Reggie mentioned the theme park and the NX, it was like he was saying "We're gonna discuss the big things next year, so right now here's mostly unimportant shit."

just because my own view is the same as when i analyze it without saying "the games sucked" doesnt mean that its influenced by my own view, but okay im fine if you want to see it that way

Eri Ayase said:
just because my own view is the same as when i analyze it without saying "the games sucked" doesnt mean that its influenced by my own view, but okay im fine if you want to see it that way

Okay, but "objectively" doesn't mean a handful of views either. It would mean that whether or not people like it or not, they can say that one was better than the other. But that in itself is impossible to be objective because people have different taste. These are all opinions.

Back