E3 2015 Hopes and Speculation

Pwwnd123 said:
Galaxy 2 is a direct sequel and is not like what Super Castlevania IV is to Castlevania 1 on NES.

So when Galaxy 2 rehashes, the "direct sequel" excuse can be wheeled out but when Call of Duty does the exact thing, it's called a "rehash". Ok then.

Pwwnd123 said:
Galaxy 3 should be better than Galaxy 2 by featuring the Unreal Engine 4 and it should push the Wii U hardware limits like Galaxy 2 did to the Wii/GameCube hardware. Galaxy 2's graphics is far beyond anything that could have possibly have been outputted by the PlayStation 2's Graphics Synthesizer.

Hey I have a great, shocking suggestion!!

Why not make it.....an entirely different Mario game? Weird, right?

how about we not have another mario platformer for now (mario maker is an exception)

Honoka Kousaka said:
how about we not have another mario platformer for now (mario maker is an exception)
This.

-New Super Mario Bros. U
-New Super Luigi U (since you can buy it separately and doesn't require New Super Mario Bros. U I count it)
-Super Mario 3D World
-Mario vs Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars
-Super Mario Maker

enough is enough, godammit

but their knot true 3D mayro platfarmers! D: D: D:

Baby Luigi said:
Hey I have a great, shocking suggestion!!

Why not make it.....an entirely different Mario game? Weird, right?

Maybe make it be like the genre below.

fc,220x200,black.u3.jpg

eh i dont really like the mario platformers much to begin with and i was pretty satisfied with m&lpj as well as the new tennis game.

Once again glad there is no new platformers, as i appreciate the spin-offs way more.

Eri Ayase said:
Pwwnd123 said:
Unreal Engine 4

kek

by now you should know that nintendo doesnt care for graphics
But they do.

Well, they generally care for 60 fps more often than not, but that's just another aspect of graphics.

well they always have the comparatively weaker hardware which alone shows that for nintendo gameplay (or for that matter, fluent and lagfree gameplay) > HD Textures or something like that

and tbh cant even blame them

when i see stuff like assassin's creed unity which runs on like 20 fps on the ps4 i want to puke
also even shadow of the colossus rarely made it past 20 fps lol (well it did but the fps were very inconsistent). that game was too much for the ps2, but at least it was REALLY good.

Eri Ayase said:
well they always have the comparatively weaker hardware which alone shows that for nintendo gameplay (or for that matter, fluent and lagfree gameplay) > HD Textures or something like that

when i see stuff like assassin's creed unity which runs on like 20 fps on the ps4 i want to puke
also even shadow of the colossus rarely made it past 20 fps lol (well it did but the fps were very inconsistent). that game was too much for the ps2, but at least it was REALLY good.

The Nintendo NX should use a PowerPC G5 (like in the iMac G5 or Power Mac G5) or POWER8 and Intel X64 architecture to make it be a powerhouse and feature three GFX cards to make it powerful. That will give Nintendo the cutting edge. Plus it should support Wii controllers and the Wii U gamepad and past Nintendo controllers via USB. That's one heck of a console.

Cirdec said:
supermariofan said:
I was hoping to get into Metroid more. I only have the original, Super Metroid and Other M. Unfortunately, this digital event did jack shit!

How about waiting more information before judging the game?
I'm not judging how the game looks, I'm just judging the kind of Metroid game we're gonna get. Sure it does look good, but a spin off game isn't enough to get me into this series. I was hoping for a REAL Metroid game. I want to get into this series but it didn't help much. That's like if someone said "I really want to get into Sonic, so I'm gonna try Sonic Spinball that could help." I think this is a slap in the face to people who are willing to get into Metroid!

its more of a slap in the face to the fans

we've been waiting years upon years for a new 2d metroid or hell even a game like metroid prime

but from the looks of it's not really like metroid prime.

The only thing we have now for 2d metroid fans is am2r and thats a fangame, a very good one mind you, but a fangame nontheless.

supermariofan said:
That's not good when MICROSOFT was better than Nintendo this year! FUCKING MICROSOFT!

meh

i thought one year was good with halo 4 though

but nintendo has m&lpj and the new tennis game as well as sfz

supermariofan said:
That's not good when MICROSOFT was better than Nintendo this year! FUCKING MICROSOFT!

I dunno, I would say there were about on par. Microsoft I was kind of yawning through a lot of it. It was like looking at pretty pictures, but that was it. Nintendo simply started out bad (after SFZ), ended bad, but had a decent middle section that did redeem itself enough to be an okay presentation.

supermariofan, do you have a Wii U because the Metroid Prime Trilogy is on the E-shop for like $20 and it's one of the best deals on there since it includes two of the best games (MP1 and MP2) and an all right one (MP3).

You need Wiimote+Nunchuck though.

Gamefreak75 said:
supermariofan, do you have a Wii U because the Metroid Prime Trilogy is on the E-shop for like $20 and it's one of the best deals on there since it includes two of the best games (MP1 and MP2) and an all right one (MP3).

You need Wiimote+Nunchuck though.
:eek: THANK...YOU!!!!!!! Sorry, it's just I really want to get into this series! Seriously though, thanks.

if you have a gba/ds then you can enjoy metroid fusion as well as metroid zero mission.

Eri Ayase said:

Me neither. Nintendo's priority on proper framerate is a better approach.

But it's not like Nintendo's games are terrible to look at. They're not necessarily a looker, but they look at least decent.

Microsoft was okay. I honestly can't remember much of their older press conferences, except for the really bad ones (2013, and the one where they showed kinect which was 2009 iirc), so this was probably one of their best ones. At least they had some exclusives which rarely happens, and Halo 5 and some of the other games looked really good.

Yeah sorry to say that but objectively they were better than Nintendo. The only guys who were objectively worse were EA because they showed next to nothing, battlefront looked disappointing (at least compared to battlefront 2, let's be honest), way too much time wasted on sports (like always), and the gameplay of need for speed was clearly not actualy gameplay or in engine footage or whatever lol. Mass Effect 4 wasn't technically even shown and the other games weren't interesting/appealing at all. The only thing that looked really interesting was unsurprisingly Mirror's Edge 2 and that probably wasn't gameplay for the most part either lol. Top that with a boring presentation and no surprises, you got your winner.

Also Oculus appearently also held a presentation (didn't even know lol), and I didn't watch that yet but judging from what I heard it could be a tie with EA.

I'm sorry, but Nintendo's conference isn't "objectively" worse than Microsoft. It's "subjectively" worse. Just because there's a mass consensus that Nintendo's conference is terrible (and I agree it's pretty awful, worse than most for starters) doesn't make it objective.

Well if you go by that definition, the term "objective" would apply to next to nothing.

I always think that objectivity means that it's just something not influenced by your own views.

Back