Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

Santa Yoshi said:
But the remix was designed specifically for Smash, where all the music should be catchy and upbeat, and so the remix fits Smash pretty well.
And therein lies my beef with the soundtrack. It lacks variety. Smash loves to speed up from the original version to try to make it upbeat, and they end up adding generic guitar riffs, which sounds really interesting to my ears. Persona 5 might have a soundtrack once Joker is out, and the fusion jazz will be such a refreshing break from generic guitar/violin jrpg like takes on many songs or just a sped up song that detracts from the original mood of the song.

I don't really like the new remixes either. I think I have almost all of them set to the lowest frequency on My Music because I didn't like them. The remixes from previous Smash games are much better.

Hanenbow...

It's a fun stage.

Although don't worry, I don't like 75m, if that helps my case... :) :) :)

I like most of the unpopular stages in the series. Examples: Icicle Mountain, Brinstar Depths, the Flat Zone stages, Rumble Falls, 75m, and Mushroomy Kingdom. I like all of those stages.

I was sad that Icicle Mountain and Rumble Falls didn't return in Ultimate.

Isabelle said:
Hanenbow...

It's a fun stage.

idk if its actually widley hated or not but i do like hannebow too. has unique mechanics that arent too annoying and the whole thing is pretty whimsical

Any tier list that puts Kirby at the bottom is just wrong. You need proof other than "Kirby's my Smash main and I like him"? My sister, who has never played a Kirby game and mains Lucario, saw me winning the majority of the matches using Kirby and decided to try Kirby. She told me she liked Kirby and would use him more often.

Kirby is top tier. Deal with it, you incorrect tier lists!

People need to realize that tier lists are really only applicable at high level tournament play. For the most part of course. Characters like Brawl Ganondorf and Smash 4 Jigglypuff are bad no matter how you slice it, even for lower level players.

There's always the one person who's the best in their friend group and swears they're a "god at the game" with a certain character. For example, just cuz joe schmoe from Denver is good with Dedede doesn't make him a good character.

Still, no tier list will ever tell me what characters to play.

Isabelle said:
Hanenbow...

It's a fun stage.

I can never understand why people don't like Hanenbow. No-one has ever given an explanation as to why, and I just can't think of any reasons to hate it myself.

Kirby feels suboptimal in this game. His air attacks just have poor synergy, like they don't work together at all. His reach is awful, but his ground moves don't really compensate.

Kirby doesn't feel that much changed aside from his dash attack, which is more readable but it's a better finisher.

I think Kirby is more about his dair combos and his dtilt strings. I personally still think he's still a really good character to use.

Kirby ain't gonna be high tier, not with his crippling air speed.

Anyway, I enjoy all stages with 8-player Smash. Doesn't matter if it's Stage Morphin New Pork City and Mario Bros. in one godawful package, it's still loads of fun.

I find Ring a Ding one of the best music tracks in the game.

I wouldn't exactly say he'd be lame, in fact he has moveset potential, but I don't see his appeal, so I wouldn't really be that excited for his announcement. I don't understand why people want a character from an old obscure game to be part of possibly the biggest crossover in gaming.

I'd certainly like to see Geno in Smash one day, but compared to Kamek, Waluigi, and especially Bandana Dee, he really doesn't seem like a priority, and as such he sits at a distant fourth on my most wanted list.

Geno is very lame and is a fourth rate Mario character. But if he gets in, that's fine, he'll just be the annoying silent characrer in the opponent team because I limit how many silent characters appear in the match.

It's hard for me to think of characters who don't have moveset potential, in all honesty.

Back