Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

Mcmadness said:
Russian Baby Luigi said:
So? Incineroar would have only like four moves if we were to go with his Pokemon moveset.

He/she has a heck of a lot more than just 4 moves.

It can just only use 4 at a time.
Exactly. Rawk Hawk only has like 5 moves that he ever can use at all, so he doesn't have a lot of variety for attacks.
Also, I'm pretty sure that "4 move limit" in Pokémon was just a memory issue in the first game that became a norm. You can't convince me otherwise.

Many characters technically don't even have moves at all. Fox for example. They had to base his moveset off Arwing manuevers. Captain Falcon was made up from scratch, you know, being a driver and all. There's no reason they can't make up moves for Rawk Hawk or he has to stay strictly with his moveset. They don't even have to restrict him to the attacks he uses in the game; he could send poisoned cakes or take Grubba's moves even.

J & Siph said:
Rawk Hawk doesn't have the moveset potential, though. He only has 5 attacks, give or take. A full Smash moveset has at least 24 unique moves.
Piranha Plant eats the argument of moveset potential, Wii Fit Trainer strains its muscles, Ice Climbers tosses it in a freezer, and Duck Hunt just laughs at it.

I think what's missing for Rawk Hawk (and Dimentio) is that they just ain't relevant enough, that's all. I can't even see the Glitz Pit or Castle Bleck making it as stages... The Hawk just hit the dirt and it's the end of the world for Dimentio.

J & Siph said:
Rawk Hawk doesn't have the moveset potential, though. He only has 5 attacks, give or take. A full Smash moveset has at least 24 unique moves.
Bitch are you trying to tell me a plant in a pot has more moveset potential then a world fighting champion bird?

I would argue Rawk Hawk could've been given an Incineroar set of moves very easily, but it'd be hard to decide whether to keep him paper or 3d, and that'd be kind of a big decision to make when Paper Mario himself isn't a fighter

edit: yeah I guess paper mario himself would never be 3d, but still, it'd be a big decision for what isn't a huge character in the series

Honoka's #5 Fan said:
Bitch are you trying to tell me a plant in a pot has more moveset potential then a world fighting champion bird?

Well, considering the fact that PP is based off several different types of plant enemies across the franchise's history...

Yeah, it kinda does.

Still, when a dog that comes from a game in which, I repeat, all you do is point a gun at the screen, gets given a moveset...

You can throw "moveset potential" out of the window to land in a nearby trash can about to get its content incinerated in the dump.

I mean Sakurai said he didn't put Villager in Brawl because he wasn't suited to fight, and now we got Isabelle, so basically the only hurdle a character has to avoid to become playable is only if Sakurai wants them in the game or not.

what of instead of speculating we just asked Sakurai who's he's gonna put in

tripping might be the most known bad mechanic of Barlw but stickers are also very obnoxious and pity final smashes suck ass, and that mechanic where a launched character can hit you is as annoying as ever, and the CPU also suck ass by constantly teaming up on you regardless of your standings

brawl doesn't even have character getting launched noises

it's freaking unused, and it took mods to fix that

she already is. she's like the new pac-man for this game, a yellow, annoying, smiley, silent fighter.

Nah. Once I unlock every character in the game, I'm going to be beating up a different yellow character. Someone who is overrated trash (it's Daisy).

Super Radio said:
who here is going to turn that yellow puppy deviant-art poster girl into their punching bag? :posh:

Y'all will see, I will become the best Isabelle player on the planet when I get the game.

I do agree that she's got a shitty place in DA.

Smash Ultimate does not look "great". IMO what's more of an achievement is the programming and the optimization. But the graphics themselves aren't great.

Spirit Board > World of Light

Is that something you realized by looking in-depthly at the hraphics, or just looking at them normally?

Because if it's the latter, that's sad, because it certainly looks a lot better than Smash 4 on the surface.

It does look better than Smash 4, but pretty much every installment looks better than the last iteration of the game. I do like how this game looks, but I'm not blown away by it.

Both. Smush may be the best looking Smash Bros. Game but it's not stellar looking. Some UVs look really bad, the shadows look like vomit, Port Town Aero Dive looks like garbage overall now, and Crafted Yoshi's existence alone brings a grade down.

Another opinion: Smash Ultimate's soundtrack is very lackluster.

Santa Yoshi said:
Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Any soundtrack that includes Brawl's remix of the 02 Battle theme is not lackluster.
I think she's referring to the new remixes, as 02 originates from Brawl.

Plus that remix is probably one of the worst Kirby remixes in Brawl, and is nowhere near as good as the original.

Jack Black said:
Santa Yoshi said:
Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Any soundtrack that includes Brawl's remix of the 02 Battle theme is not lackluster.
Plus that remix is probably one of the worst Kirby remixes in Brawl, and is nowhere near as good as the original.
The original was great and fitting for the situation it was designed for: a final boss fight, and a surprisingly dark one at that. But the remix was designed specifically for Smash, where all the music should be catchy and upbeat, and so the remix fits Smash pretty well.

What I'm saying is that when just listening to game music, I generally like to listen to the catchiest version of the song (in this case, Brawl's). But I would never swap out the music for the actual 02 fight, any day.

Back