Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

I think it depends on how you use the word. If you say that a character deserves to be in because they are a popular character or are relevant, then you're just saying reasons why you think they would be a good pick for Smash, and there's nothing wrong with that. But if you say something like they deserved it over another character out of saltiness, that's when it goes wrong. It's not so much about the semantics as it is about their motivation for saying it. Are they just saying who they want to see or are they angry that their character didn't get in?

I know this is obvious by now, but this thread was made for unpopular opinions... so what's the harm at saying it here once and for all?

Isabelle is my most hyped newcomer so far. Also imgaine taking on EVERYONE in all-star mode as her.

Of course, if Bandana Dee gets in, things could change...

Moldomré said:
Wario is not a bad character to play as in Smash...contrary to SOME PEOPLE'S (wrong) opinions. *cough* Baby Luigi & Bazooka Mario *cough cough*

5983fcc63cf79.jpg

Not sure where this falls into in terms of popularity "opinion vs fact", but I think a controversial observation could still fit into this thread.

Isabelle is like Rosalina. No no, not in the case MatPat's dumb ramblings.
Rosalina and Isabelle both appeared in the their respective series late in the game (pun not intended, but welcome).
They both skyrocketed in popularity in an extremely short period of time.
They did not get playable roles in the Smash Bros. game immediately after their respective debuts (Brawl for Rosalina and Smash 4 for Isabelle), but in the Smash Bros. after that, they're now playable as representatives for their series.

Now for a controversial question. It's common to see the opinion that Isabelle shouldn't be in Smash due to not being a good representative for the Animal Crossing series or being too new for such a role. Should not other characters, such as Rosalina, get the same treatment? Where is the line drawn?

Depends on their role in the game. For example, Corrin got a playable role before his game even came out.

And his reception wasn't too...positive to say the least.

Isabelle seems like a good choice for a second Animal Crossing rep to me, and they made her moveset look like she's attacking everyone unwittingly, which is adorable beyond reality. Now I don't think Rosalina really was someone that had to be added over say, Bowser Jr, but the fact that she's a whole character representing my all-time favorite game is something that makes me happy.

Then again, I'm the one talking.

Yo said:
Fawfultheghost64 said:
That's wrong, Mario is blatantly unworthy and should be removed asap.

Yeah, replace him with someone who is fury. Uh, I mean, worthy...
I think you meant FURRY.

480px-TanookiMario_SM3DS.png

Lucario said:
Isabelle seems like a good choice for a second Animal Crossing rep to me, and they made her moveset look like she's attacking everyone unwittingly, which is adorable beyond reality. Now I don't think Rosalina really was someone that had to be added over say, Bowser Jr, but the fact that she's a whole character representing my all-time favorite game is something that makes me happy.

Then again, I'm the one talking.
Rosalina and Bowser Jr. were both introduced in the same Smash game, though. I'm glad we got Rosalina though, if only because her reveal trailer implies we're getting Kirby Air Ride 2...I want that to happen so badly.

As uncharacteristic as this is for me to say, If we ever do get a Paper Mario rep I prefer that Rawk Hawk or Dimentio gets in instead of Paper Mario.

Rawk Hawk doesn't have the moveset potential, though. He only has 5 attacks, give or take. A full Smash moveset has at least 24 unique moves.

So? Incineroar would have only like four moves if we were to go with his Pokemon moveset.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
So? Incineroar would have only like four moves if we were to go with his Pokemon moveset.

He/she has a heck of a lot more than just 4 moves.

It can just only use 4 at a time.

Back