General Discussion

Doomhiker said:
I was thinking about creating a Infinite lives page documenting all of the times that there was an infinite lives trick in a game, and Alex95 told me to ask others if they think a page on that should be created, which is what I am asking.
I wouldn’t be opposed to that, since the wiki only really talks about infinite life tricks on glitch pages currently, even though they are not all glitches.

How is it considered a glitch? It's a quirk of the game, it shouldn't be there unless it involves mechanics not working the way they should.

Should we include the CRC(Cappy Return Cancel which allows you to teleport) and the Infinite Nut Jump in Super Mario Odyssey Glitches because they sound really worthy of glitches

Mario Kart Tour[edit]
Mario reappears in Mario Kart Tour as a Super driver. His special skill is the Fire Flower. Mario also has a self-titled cup in the game, as well as a self-named tour and two Team Rally tours: one against his brother Luigi and one against Peach.

The game has introduced a number of High-End variants of Mario. A variant in his musician outfit from Super Mario Odyssey, dubbed in-game as Mario (Musician), has the Double Bob-ombs as his special skill and is available as of the New York Tour; Mario (Musician) has different trick animations and a few distinct quotes as well. Mario in his hakama outfit from Super Mario Odyssey, Mario (Hakama), has the Coin Box special skill, which allows him to continually release coins onto the track, and is available as of the Tokyo Tour. Mario in a Santa Claus costume, referred to as Mario (Santa), was added in the 2019 Winter Tour, with the Fire Flower being his special skill (like his normal counterpart).[20] Mario in his happi outfit from Super Mario Odyssey, Mario (Happi), has the Bob-omb Cannon special skill and was introduced in the New Year's Tour. Mario in his classic outfit, referred to as Mario (Classic), has the Triple Mushrooms special skill and is available as of the Mario Bros. Tour. The Cooking Tour introduced a variant of Mario based on his Chef outfit from Super Mario Odyssey, Mario (Chef), with the Lucky Seven as his special skill. The Marine Tour introduced a variant of Mario based on his Swimwear outfit from Super Mario Odyssey, Mario (Swimwear), with the Dash Ring as his special skill. A variant based on Mario's sprites from Super Mario Kart, Mario (SNES), appears as of the Super Mario Kart Tour with the Triple Mushrooms as his special skill. Mario in his outfit from Super Mario Sunshine, Mario (Sunshine), appears as of the 2020 Los Angeles Tour, with the Giant Banana as his special skill. Mario in his pumpkin costume, named Mario (Halloween), was added in the 2020 Halloween Tour, with the Lucky Seven for his special skill. In the Mario Tour, another variant of Mario in his Racing outfit from Super Mario Odyssey, named Mario (Racing), was added, with the Triple Mushrooms as his special skill. The Wedding Tour introduced a variant of Mario in his wedding outfit from Super Mario Odyssey, Mario (Tuxedo), with the Coin Box as his special skill. The 2021 Los Angeles Tour introduced a variant of Mario in his baseball outfit from Super Mario Odyssey, named Mario (Baseball), with the Mushroom Cannon as his special skill.

In total, Mario has 13 different playable variants (not including Metal Mario, Ice Mario, and Builder Mario), making him the driver in Mario Kart Tour with the most playable variants.

How could we improve this behemoth of a section from Mario's page? Would a bullet-point list work better, or is prose still the more professional option?

should we include these glitches in the Super Mario Odyssey glitch page or did they get patched?
If there's glitches that aren't documented yet then they should be, even if they were patched (although if they were, it should be noted that they were fixed and in what version).

No. If Nintendo knows about it, put it on the Mario knockoffs and fan games acknowledged by Nintendo article. After that, leave it alone. This wiki is not for fan game knowledge.

Ok and why are you liking the rejections to my ideas
(don't know another way to say and I am thinking of a way to make it sound less harsh)

It's nothing personal. We just don't agree with your ideas; MarioWiki has never made pages for fangames because that's far too deep of a rabbithole to dwelve into.

Ok and why are you liking the rejections to my ideas
(don't know another way to say and I am thinking of a way to make it sound less harsh)
I won't speak for BBQ Turtle, but what Toadettefan said was correct and I left a like to endorse her post.

The course starts out under some ruins, very similar to the aforementioned Mario Kart: Double Dash!! course. There is a left curve. The player can take a right turn at the pillar and save time, but the player also has the option of going to the left of the pillar, which will fall down from time to time. A Pokey acts as an obstacle after several more pillars and it will slow down the player and spin them out if the player makes contact with it. After the Pokey is a narrow road through the oasis and another Pokey at the end of the road. There is a left turn past the Pokey, which has two pillars that will fall down from time to time as well. There is a right curve that leads into a straight road with three more pillars from there to the entrance of the ruins. The pillars usually start falling as soon as the player gets there. If the pillar happens to fall on the player, the player will flip over and lose their items. Then, the fallen pillar is available for usage as a ramp for performing a Trick to gain speed.
I can barely understand this

Back