Your headcanons

FUCK NOW IM MAD CUZ MIKU COULDA DONE A COLLAB WITH NINTENDO FOR PROJECT DIVA MEGA MIX FOR SWITCH AND HAVE MARIO AS A MODULE (yes that would require sega to actually put effort in the port and fix the animations for Mario but I digress

yes it is canon mario and miku are bff and miku has a crush on luigi just look at how she begs for him to hold her hand (around a minute in

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1448688610564321298 based on this supper mario broth post i believe that larval goombas are just little sleepy blobs with feet
linked tweet said:
There is an easily missed instance of artwork of Micro-Goombas in the Art of Super Mario Odyssey book, where three of them surround a sketch of a Goomba in a bonnet (right). Compare to their original height as seen in Super Mario Bros. 3 (left), these are exceptionally tiny.
FBrGBMhWYAkYM_D.jpg:large
larval_gomba.png
(my doodle)
help i cant stop calling them larvae (it isnt inaccurate though...)
anyway baby goombas will develop a distinct torso as they mature
based on this. i believe that galoombas are neotenic, so they dont grow a distinct torso when maturing and resemble baby goombas more. perhaps to be more compact for whatever reason? idk for sure but i think itd fit with them evolving to be more sturdy which is why you cant squish them but you can kick them around like footballs

i came up with this headcanon like. a month ago when this tweet went up and i only just thought about finally writing something about this because im playing mario odyssey right now and there are a bunch of mini goombas in the city hall and i thought about goomba larvae

After saving up enough money from his various trips, Admiral Bobbery paid for the construction of a new ship which he christened "Scarlett."

He then took it on a massive voyage and hasn't been seen off of it since, only docking to get supplies.

Shy Guys are Toads who have left the Mushroom Kingdom and joined Bowser.
They either
a) Take off their mushroom hat and put on the cloak.
b) The cloak changes their proportions to fit inside.

Is that a human specific thing though? It seems like Toads should be wearing them too since A, they're implied to be related to humans in some cases, and B, they've been playable in NSMB games where you can see all the items having effects on them. That also brings up another question of Koopas and Yoshis. Bowser can use items (see: Meowser), but would a regular Koopa be able to? Yoshis can at least use mushrooms (see: Toadstool Titan and also Mario Party 4), but items don't seem to have an effect on him unless they're specifically made to be edible.

I guess my question is, what would be an in universe explanation for how items actually work? Do you have to actually eat them or do some of them work just from being touched?

Personally I believe that the Power-Ups are mystic items of some sort, and anybody can use them, though it'll have a different effect on different people (Just compare Fire Mario to Fire Wario!)

Yeah I think I know what it is too. Her body changes every morning, so she has to buy two pairs of dresses for this.

203px-SMO_Artwork_Pauline.png
692px-Pauline_model_MTA.png

She can try hiding her proportional changes all she wants, but she can't fool my oversized plumber™ eyes! Nyeh heh heh.

Wario_on_the_Bowser_Space_-_MSS.png

Yeah, I don't think Kamek has the same sort of clout Bowser had.

However if they do ever make Bowser playable again, they could do Dry Bowser! He even sounds menacing!

Or why not stroke MarioWiki's itch and have BLUE BOWSER be the trouble maker!

MC Ballyhoo should be the new villain. He can go, like "You've beaten the boss, but you haven't beaten the final boss!!!"

"Who's that?" your character asks.

"It's ME! HAR! HAR! HAAAAAAARRRR-HISSSSSSSSS RAAAAGGGGGHHHTHGOIMDFIUDHdksljfk" *turns into a grotesque 3-headed monster, and Big Top grows a saw blade around its rim*

I'd want a non-Koopa Troop existing villain to be given a revival for the role whenever Bowser becomes playable. It doesn't make sense for Bowser's minions to antagonize him, and while the flavor text they gave Kamek for the occasion is nice, I think that they really need to consider villains outside the Koopa Troop. Original villains would work too, as long as they're interesting.

Now for a headcanon. During Partners in Time, Fawful was harvesting beans to grow into cloned test subjects for his own time machine. Midbus met him during this time and helped run the Bean'n'Badge shop (he just isn't seen). Fawful then traveled forward in time to take notes on possible outcomes of his world conquest plan in BiS and prepare failsafes. Midbus is the only other entity who knows about Fawful's time machine, and after the events of BIS, he was taken to Bowser's Castle's cold room and stored with the Shroobs. Should he ever be freed, he will seek the time machine to save Fawful, and also enlist some Shroobs if possible.

Some fan-made Mario Maker levels are so well-designed, I like to believe Mario actually went through them on one of his, uh, canon adventures. "Mecha Bowzilla" and "In the Hall of the Monty King" come to mind, for instance. (Both by the same maker, too.)

Last edited:
This is all sexualities and gender identities
Mario: Straight, but supportive
Luigi: bisexual
Pauline: Bisexual as well
Peach: pan
Daisy: Ally
Wario: He's Demi and has a thing for Mona
Waluigi: He/They and omni leaning toward attraction to females and enbies
Mona: Ally
Rosalina: TRANS LESBIAN
Bowser: Straight, but if his kids were to come out he'd be 100% ok with that
Bowser Jr: He's questioning
Ludwig: GAY. GAY. HOMOSEXUAL. GAY.
Morton: Ally
Wendy: Lesbian but hasn't realised it so she acts homophobic
Larry: actually agender aromantic asexual
Lemmy: Pan as frick
Iggy: Very supportive straight
Roy: Asexual Biromantic

Here's other stuff
Waluigi is secretly VERY into occult stuff
Waluigi is very clingy with his potential S/O
Waluigi is actually allergic to tuna
Mario and Luigi love switching outfits to mess with their friends
Wario LOVES fluffy sweaters

And that's it today on... Nellie's weird headcanons! Back with more tomorrow!

Back