Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

My favorite track has to be the Snowmad theme that plays in like Level 6-1.

Sad part is that I died so much in that level just because of bad timing that I didn't get to hear my favorite parts of the music in it. :/

BMB said:
My favorite track has to be the Snowmad theme that plays in like Level 6-1.

Sad part is that I died so much in that level just because of bad timing that I didn't get to hear my favorite parts of the music in it. :/

That level is so fast paced, you can't even stop to take a break.

I've done Worlds 5 and 7 on hard mode and I ACTUALLY DID IRATE EIGHT ON HARD MODE after three tries. Maybe it is possible that I might 200% this....

All I have left to do in World 4 is 4-3, 4-5, 4-6, 4-A, and 4-Boss (I got most of the shitty levels out of the way). Then it's on to World 6 and I'm done, but I already hear Blurry Flurry calling for my death.

I only have World 6K and the final Boss left to do. I must say, Hard Mode wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Got all BLUE KONGS. Maybe because I have played the game non stop for over 3 weeks has gotten me really good at the game. But looking back it probably would have been too easy with the checkpoints left in BECAUSE OF DIXIE. The levels themselves were still harder than DKCR, but that games mirror mode didn't allow for someone like Dixie, who makes most every level a piece of cake compared to if any other KONG was used.

And I'm if I might add, almost every level or boss I was worried about wasn't worth worrying about.

I have a question, is are the levels by any means in this game like Champions Road, where you don't know what you did wrong and/or what you are supposed when you die in level.

chillv said:
I have a question, is are the levels by any means in this game like Champions Road, where you don't know what you did wrong and/or what you are supposed when you die in level.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Petey Piranha said:
chillv said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

WHAT?!

Petey Piranha said:
chillv said:

what in blazing shit are you even typing?

Well, I'm on the final world.

I feel like the bosses weren't really weighted correctly, but eh, it really just depends on your balloon number I guess.

Let me ask again, is the game hard in a way where they are hard to figure out, or are they hard in a way where they are hard to execute.

It's kind of hard of hard to explain, so maybe I should give examples.

Is it hard like

"You see a platform that is so far away and requires a ridiculous maneuver to get to that has never been taught in a DKC game at all. You really only die out of experimenting with different maneuvers until you get it right. If it gets too bad, you use a powerup to get yourself through."

or like

"It is really obvious how to cross this plaform, but it requires precision platforming to do. You might die a few times or once trying to get on it, but you will get it. Heck, you might get it on your first try if you're good enough"

chillv said:
It is really obvious how to cross this plaform, but it requires precision platforming to do. You might die a few times or once trying to get on it, but you will get it. Heck, you might get it on your first try if you're good enough"

Assuming this is remains similar in difficulty to Returns, which it probably does, then this quote describes it much better, although some Puzzle Pieces can be sort of vague.

The Puzzle Pieces...

I tell ya, I always tend to get really annoyed with having to find some of them because they are like hidden at the extreme edges of the levels, but at the same time, I can't help but admire their locations they choose as it just makes it to where it's a challenge and a fun one at it.

Speaking of which, I am having difficulties finding the first Puzzle Piece in 4-B (the one with the different colored keys and such). I used Squawk, but I don't know where or how to get to it.

chillv said:
Let me ask again, is the game hard in a way where they are hard to figure out, or are they hard in a way where they are hard to execute.

Is it hard like

"You see a platform that is so far away and requires a ridiculous maneuver to get to that has never been taught in a DKC game at all. You really only die out of experimenting with different maneuvers until you get it right. If it gets too bad, you use a powerup to get yourself through."

or like

"It is really obvious how to cross this plaform, but it requires precision platforming to do. You might die a few times or once trying to get on it, but you will get it. Heck, you might get it on your first try if you're good enough"
Basically, you just have to have everything timed good.

But yeah, it's manageable if you have more balloons than four (some you can still beat with the four though). Even so, balloons are a lot easier to get in this game.

And I'm saying this playing co-op which just makes it more challenging. (DK's jump -_- )

chillv said:

Is it hard like

or like

the latter. there is a good amount of timing for a lot of levels, but generally the difficulty is based on precision instead of something stupid like the crown level from SM3DL

just look up gameplay videos i guess if you want to know

I've done World 4 and 6-1 -> 6-3 on Hard. Just 6-4 (fuck this shit level) -> 6-Boss, 6-K. 6-A, and 6-B to go.

It's happening, guys. I'm going to actually do this!

Ira Gamagoori said:
I've done World 4 and 6-1 -> 6-3 on Hard. Just 6-4 (fuck this shit level) -> 6-Boss, 6-K. 6-A, and 6-B to go.

It's happening, guys. I'm going to actually do this!

You know, 6-4 wasn't as bad as I thought. I mostly died for not expecting what was coming next, and a few of the sharp turns killing me because of the buttoning, but for some reason I died a lot more from 6-B. I don't even know why.

And I found 6-K to be the easiest K level. I literally did it in 5 tries.

i'm having trouble finding the secret exit in 4-1 (i think there's a secret exit there... the way the map is laid out gives that impression). can anyone tell me where it is?

edit: nvm, i got it

I've noticed that the game received an update. Does anyone know what the update is supposed to do?

MnSG said:
I've noticed that the game received an update. Does anyone know what the update is supposed to do?

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/wrkS2svw5Aj0cA68fB6w5GB_ilUmEILC

I got to World 4 on my friend's Wii U (since I don't have a Wii U)and I tell you, I am not a fan of the world. The only good levels were Rockin' Relics and the Minecart Level. Shoal Atoll was my least favorite I had no clue there was going to be keys, I thought it was going to be an underwater maze and you had to use something or use Cranky to open the chests but when I found the red key I got pissed. This game is really really hard, I find it a big step up from Returns, I have every Puzzle Piece in every level from returns and I did the mirror challenge on the Golden Temple just because I wanted to see if I can get 200%.

Oh and also I never realized that path branching off Mountain Mania was the K level until today when I got all the KONG Letters in World 2, I always thought it was a secret exit.

Based on the information that I'm seeing, the update simply fixes up a potential issue that the level, Frantic Fields has. That's rather odd, since I was able to advance to Scorch 'N' Torch without any issues, even before the update.

Back