Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

I didn't have the problem either but it maybe some other country that had the problem so Nintendo updates the game for every country.

I had rented this for the past couple of days and I think it's some great fun. I have made it up to the fourth world. I got a shiny gold medal in Rodent Ruckus.

Potted Piranha Plant said:
I'm stuck on the last boss fight, I know what to do, I'm just not fast enough. :-[
That's me on the Mashtooth battle's final stage where MASHTOOTH SHOOTS A MOON AT YOU

This game is shaping up to be a real delight. Its such a treat to have Dave Wise back in the composing chair! Retro is one of my favorite development studios and the Prime series are among some of the best games in my opinion. Here's an interview I found with Dave Wise where he talks about working on this game!!!

I had a lot of fun with this game. It had a bit of a steadier difficulty curve than Returns; there weren't any levels or bosses that I had died on a lot. In fact, I only died about three or four times on every one of the bosses. Having two hearts in the minecart levels and rocket barrel levels makes them a lot easier. However, a lot of obstacles were easy to dodge thanks to plenty of telegraphing. Even Blurry Flurry wasn't too hard to learn the layout of, and it has TONS of obstacles.

I just got this game today, so far it's pretty good, I just haven't played it much though.

You could be asking that question in Donkey Kong Country Returns.

I Don't really know that much about the Donkey Kong games but did Nintendo were not able to choose them or did they choose not to? Any ideas?

yoshiking14x said:
I Don't really know that much about the Donkey Kong games but did Nintendo were not able to choose them or did they choose not to? Any ideas?
I think it had to do with Rare, or that Donkey Kong needed some new antagonists.

But they did appear in Mario Super Sluggers as playable characters, and trophies in Brawl and appear in the upcoming Smash Bros. game.

I don't think it was ever stated why the Kremlings were not in Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze.

yoshiking14x said:
Games like King of Swing, Jungle Climber, Barrel Blast, Super Mario Strikers, and Mario Super Sluggers, and more recently, Super Smash Bros. 4 have all blown the "Rare has the rights to the Kremlings" theory out the window. Retro Studios, for whatever reason, simply chose not to use K. Rool and the Kremlings, plain and simple. Why they thought it was a good idea to leave them out of a game that was supposed to be a return to the series' roots (and then cast him aside again, despite knowing full well that people wanted K. Rool back), I'll never know. K. Rool getting neglected in not one, not two, but three different games that were all in separate console eras is completely inexcusable.

As far as popularity is concerned, I'm not too sure. One thing I do know is that I found that Snowmads to be a step up from the Tiki Tak Tribe by a longshot.

I love Tropical Freeze. I love having a Wii U because of wonderful games like this.

I just wish they would make games about Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong again.
I'm happy that Dixie Kong and others are at least kind of playable characters in this game.

yoshiking14x said:
I wonder what happened to king K Rool?

my idea is that now that rare isnt there, nintendo wanted the series to go into a new direction and not use many old rare characters

that or retro just didnt want to use them for whatever reason

The Janitor said:
yoshiking14x said:
I wonder what happened to king K Rool?

my idea is that now that rare isnt there, nintendo wanted the series to go into a new direction and not use many old rare characters

that or retro just didnt want to use them for whatever reason
Maybe they're building up for his return in Donkey Kong Country Returns 3. Or maybe not.

I suspect that the next game will have a mechanical theme, similar to how 1=Returns and 2=TF.

I think K.Rool will be back someday. I just hope they don't screw it up.

Back