Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Threek said:
Guys, where's the 'N' in Amiss Abyss?

get n or get out

Looks like Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is being re-released on the Switch, this time with Funky Kong joining the adventure. Basically Funky Kong has several benefits that make him basically easy mode, more so than Dixie, since Funky Kong have 3 hearts (default is 2), can hover indefinitely, swim without worrying about oxygen, and is immune to spikes (and others, but I don't remember the rest).

Since I am done with the Wii U version, it doesn't interest me, but I imagine those who want an easier adventure would do well to pick Funky Kong.

Thank you for reading.

So... who's going to run the Fly and Buy? Is Funky Kong doing both? Or do you reckon they'll swap him out for another character? Or completely remove it?

Either way, although we're pants at Tropical Freeze on the Wii U, we probably won't buy it on the Switch to have it easier, just so we don't have to attempt to go through the lot again.

I'm going to buy it, so long as it has additional content like Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D had over its Wii version.

By additional content, I mean new levels.

Considering how absurd the Wii U version's Hard Mode is, let's just hope that you can use Funky Kong for that game mode.

On a side note, it seems that the New Mode from the 3DS version of Donkey Kong Country Returns is back, as the Kongs are shown to have three hearts (five hearts for Funky Kong), instead of just two.

Even if it doesn't this game is indeed getting people who haven't played the Wii U version to play the game on the Switch. But, even if people did buy the game and there were more levels, it wouldn't have the same sales as if Nintendo released an original Donkey Kong. Like I didn't buy the 3DS version of Donkey Kong Country Returns due to having the Wii version. Speaking of remakes,
  • Donkey Kong Country (SNES) -> Donkey Kong Country (GBA)
  • Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES) -> Donkey Kong Country 2 (GBA)
  • Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) -> Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA)
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns -> Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U) -> Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo Switch)
It was only a matter of time before Tropical Freeze got a remake, just like every other entry in the series.

BBQ Turtle said:
So... who's going to run the Fly and Buy? Is Funky Kong doing both? Or do you reckon they'll swap him out for another character? Or completely remove it?
Maybe it's either Professor Chops or Candy Kong.

Also, Funky Kong basically has abilities from all other characters: Donkey Kong (water skipping), Diddy Kong (slow falling), Dixie Kong (ascend at greater heights and slow falling) and Cranky Kong (immune to spikes).

Actually, Cranky was never immune to spikes. He has to use his Cane Bounce to avoid spiked surfaces. However, even the Cane Bounce is useless if the spikes are tall enough to reach Cranky.

Realest possible talk.

I'm super happy this game is finally getting the chance to reach a much wider audience. Tropical Freeze really deserves it. I'm seriously considering buying it again because I love it that much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo-cArK9T8s

Updated to match his Mario Party appearance!

Winged Yoshi said:
Wondering who will be in charge in Funky's Fly 'n' Buy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBpLEyr_zyI

should've been named mosquawk

Back