Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Shoko

Dry Bowser
Wiki Bureaucrat
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Shokora
A new Donkey Kong Country game has been announced for the Wii U at Nintendo Direct @e3. This time the villains aren't Kremlings or Tikis, but badass Vikings.

Description from Nintendo UK: The first Wii U instalment in the franchise comes from Retro Studios. The side-scrolling platformer has beautiful HD graphics that show fine details, such as Donkey Kong’s fur. Dixie Kong joins the adventure, which features the Kongs swimming underwater and moving from the foreground to the background. This time, the camera changes perspective on certain levels to enhance the sense of motion and deliver new experiences. The game is scheduled to launch towards the end of this year.

Release date (US): December 6, 2013

Beta logo:

320px-Logo_EN_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png

Final logo:

320px-Logo_EN_Final_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png

Box art:

335px-DKC-TF_box.jpeg

The first artwork release:

480px-Donkey_Kong_Artwork_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png
538px-Diddy_Kong_Artwork_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png
415px-Dixie_Kong_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png
520px-Kongs_Artwork_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png
489px-Donkey_Kong_and_Diddy_Kong_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png
534px-Donkey_Kong_and_Dixie_Kong_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png
537px-Viking_Ship_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png
483px-Viking_Group_Art_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png
493px-Viking_Art1_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png
577px-Viking_Art2_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png
620px-Viking_Art3_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png

Corporate release screenshots:

640px-WiiU_DKCountry_scrn01_E3.png
640px-WiiU_DKCountry_scrn02_E3.png
640px-WiiU_DKCountry_scrn03_E3.png
640px-WiiU_DKCountry_scrn04_E3.png
640px-WiiU_DKCountry_scrn05_E3.png
640px-WiiU_DKCountry_scrn06_E3.png
640px-WiiU_DKCountry_scrn07_E3.png
640px-WiiU_DKCountry_scrn08_E3.png
640px-WiiU_DKCountry_scrn09_E3.png
640px-WiiU_DKCountry_scrn10_E3.png

Official e3 Trailer and Developer Direct.

Re: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Dixie Kong!!!!

I'm exited for that too! Finally, Dixie Kong is returning to the series.

I'm glad to see that Dixie and underwater levels have returned, but no Kremlings again? After all the backlash they got about that last time? Really?

EDIT:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=204709

David Wise, the guy who composed music for the SNES games, will be returning to work on this game's music. That's great news to me. The lack of Kremlings and whatnot aside, the soundtrack is another aspect of the first game that disappointed me. There were some good tunes here and there, but there just weren't enough of them that were truly memorable, you know?

Personally, if any other Kong is to be playable besides Donkey Kong, Diddy, and Dixie, I'd rather it be Kiddy. Not counting the cancelled Donkey Kong Racing, he hasn't been seen since Donkey Kong Land 3, which came out all the way in 1997. He's been getting cast aside for far too long. It happened in all three of D.K. games made by PAON, and now it's happening again with the games Retro Studios is making. Kiddy's way overdue for a comeback.

Speaking of Funky, though, there's a chance that he may at least get a non-playable role in Tropical Freeze. As someone at the Donkey Kong Universe forum pointed out, that crashed rocket ship that Donkey Kong came out of at the beginning of the trailer was most likely one of Funky's vehicles.

Gundam Tanaka said:
Yes! So excited for this.
Same actually.

The first DCKR games is up their with one of my favorite Wii titles.

Liking the return of Dixie Kong. With the camera perspective changes though, probably would've been better as a 3DS title.

I cant believe some people are mad Retro made this and not Metroid this is the game I have been pinig for to the exclusion of all others.

Yeah, Donkey kong can swim again!

I need to hurry up and beat the first one so I can play this when it comes out. I like how the nordic-viking animal's invasion of DK isle starts turning everything to ice.

NSY said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Yes! So excited for this.
Same actually.

The first DCKR games is up their with one of my favorite Wii titles.

It's because there was a lot of challenges in the game. You didn't just blow through all the levels like you do in a NSMB game.

So yeah, I'm very excited for this.

Take your predictions for the last playable character.

Likely ones: Kiddy Kong, Tiny Kong, Lanky Kong

Farfetched ones: Cranky Kong, Chunky Kong, or Funky Kong

Booker said:
Take your predictions for the last playable character.

Likely ones: Kiddy Kong, Tiny Kong, Lanky Kong

Farfetched ones: Cranky Kong, Chunky Kong, or Funky Kong
no no no. We won't see any kong from DK64 because Nintendo has got it in their head that that game is hated.

NSY said:
DK64 is hated?

Wat

Finally decided to use a question mark, eh?

Anyway, I'm very excited for this game. I really love the Donkey Kong series, and the game's plot is pretty interesting from what we've seen so far. Still waiting for the Kremlings to return someday though...

I like this game so far but the new enemies dont convinced me, i was fine with the Tikis, they at least match with the island theme game, here...i dont know.

Aside Dixie there is another playable character...maybe tiny kong or maybe even funky (as a DK clone) can be there.

I think Retro´s going to the Trilogy before return to metroid so maybe the the next game will can see the Kremlings again.

YES! Dixie Kong is back! Even though I wasn't a fan of the previous DKC game they released, I'll probably get this one once I get a Wii U since it actually looks more promising.

KingMario128 said:
I like this game so far but the new enemies dont convinced me, i was fine with the Tikis, they at least match with the island theme game, here...i dont know.

Aside Dixie there is another playable character...maybe tiny kong or maybe even funky (as a DK clone) can be there.

I think Retro´s going to the Trilogy before return to metroid so maybe the the next game will can see the Kremlings again.

If Tiny Kong, I'll rejoice in happiness!

Back