Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

I was indeed talking about invalidation in this sense: the times either becomes easier or impossible to beat, thus making previous times worthless. Judging from what happened with hackers of MK8 it should be possible to save a ghost obtained with different stats or tracks elements (e.g. number of laps).

Probably never. Usually, when they want to add predatory practices to their consumers to their games, they develop it in far before release.

Also, Nintendo typically avoids the BS from other mainstream publishers. We have yet to see microtransactions in a premium 60 dollar game, we have yet to see them muddle in cynical pre-order culture (the worst they pulled off was "get some bonus item if you preorder, there was no gameplay segments and stuff locked behind a preorder" and the one Mario game that HAD done it, Mario + Rabbids, surprise surprise it was Ubisoft who published the game, not Nintendo). The worst they probably done is something like Nintendo Badge Arcade and even then I don't think it's too bad: the game does kinda egg you to spend money, but they never get further than that (the rabbit just says "that's cool" if you decline, and that's it) and it's free anyway, and I did receive lots of nice badges to decorate my home menu with, spending money once only to get the Baby Luigi badges that I really wanted. The home menu badge limit was a far bigger criticism of mine that Nintendo Badge Arcade's way to get you to spend money tbh, because that godforsaken limit was what got me to stop playing Nintendo Badge Arcade, there's no point in accumulating more badges if I hit the stupid limit.

Amiibo is also the worst Nintendo has done, but I still say it's nowhere near the worst of publishers who had meddled in microtransactions and loot boxes.

GmanSir said:
When will Mario Kart get loot boxes?
After we get a Super Deluxe port in the future where DLC is locked and charged for more than its original price in Mario Kart 8 *cough *hack*-tivision *cough*

GmanSir said:
When will Mario Kart get loot boxes?

When Bowser rules the Mushroom Kingdom.
Eh.... just don't count on loot boxes lol.

Anyway...
Speaking of Mario Kart 8

I want to know in your opinion. Between Local Multiplayer and Online Multiplayer, which one is better? Why?

I will always prefer local multiplayer any day of the week. I always have a twin to help out, and I'm afraid of going online because I have a modded Wii U. Even if it wasn't modded, you won't see me online anyway, I just don't like online play. I don't like lag, and I don't like playing with strangers.

The Lord Bowser said:
I want to know in your opinion. Between Local Multiplayer and Online Multiplayer, which one is better? Why?
local because it's not laggy and buggy, and you don't have to constantly worry about items unlike online, which seems extremely stressful to play

I was able to give Mario Kart 8 Deluxe a try, but in the end, I felt more content with the original Mario Kart 8, due to being more interested in racing than battles. And you don't have to worry about any Boos stealing your items in the original game either.

On a side note, Renegade Roundup heavily favors the authorities, making it rather unfair for the players who are trying to avoid them.

In which way? Because I know that each time I play as one of the authorities as you call them, I always seem to lose to the renegades.

I prefer online multiplayer because very rarely do I have someone IRL interested in playing, and even more rarely is said person good at the game or even available for more than one match. If I did though, I might change that opinion.

MnSG said:
I was able to give Mario Kart 8 Deluxe a try, but in the end, I felt more content with the original Mario Kart 8, due to being more interested in racing than battles. And you don't have to worry about any Boos stealing your items in the original game either.

On a side note, Renegade Roundup heavily favors the authorities, making it rather unfair for the players who are trying to avoid them.

Huh? I heard the opposite because the items you get when you are a renegade focus on boosting away. But the authorities, when coordinated, can destroy them.

Koops said:
In which way? Because I know that each time I play as one of the authorities as you call them, I always seem to lose to the renegades.

All that I can say is playing that game with CPUs apparently results in the authorities winning, even when set to the easiest difficulty level. You can try to drive away, but that pretty much ends up being a futile effort when the authorities begin to gang up on you.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1017453534160175109?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Takahashi confirms that MK8D will be getting future updates.

Here's hoping. :diddy:

taking it with a grain of salt but you never know maybe it's something great... or something extremely minor.

*this update fixes the bug that makes the character go silent when inked by blooper*

or something like that.

wait for it.

Well any update is fine by me

Maybe they can fix the reverse control thing in Battle Mode that was a leftover from the old crappy Mario Kart 8 Battle Mode.

I feel that any future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will just be aesthetic stuff and bug fixes. Mario Kart 8 doesn't need to be receiving any more insult to injury.

Back