Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

MK8-Line-Yoshi-Singing.gif

Looks like the green variety of my species is singing. By the way, I believe he's doing the Mario Circuit track music of this game, but I could be wrong.

He's just whistling. If he sung, I won't be able to hear any thing any more.

Monster said:
This Yoshi looks closer to his original design.
I know and it makes me sad because its original design and voice are so much better.

But yeah, Yoshi has that weird "retro" look when it comes to that style. It's also very apparent in Mario Party: Star Rush (which is long overdue for a sprite rip btw).

Yeah, but there's also this

Yoshi-MPSR.png

*img of Yoshi's losing sprite where Yoshi leans forward and looks like he's drooling, is he drooling?*

and this

Yoshi_%28Hungry%29_-_Super_Mario_Sticker.gif
Yoshi_and_Baby_Mario_-_Super_Mario_Sticker.gif

compared to this

Yoshi_mscart.png

if anything, the saddle shape is different

it's just now you noticed :P

Wild Yoshis and Domesticated Yoshis.

But you can see that this one is based of the Yoshi artwork from SMK
MK8-Line-Yoshi-Banana.gif

I do love this though! Some are just cruel and hilarious.
MK8-Line-Koopa-Thwomp.gif

I wish some of those GIFs involved Toad being crushed, set on fire, bombed, or hit hard by something. But the only ones with him in it are trying to look all cute (this is my extreme anti-Toad bias speaking)

Just pretend Toad is in some of them IDK but I do like Koopa getting crushed. I don't like Koopa.

I have a Prima account. I'll take it. :)

uSDbbOK.jpg

I have to agree.

Oh god what happened to Mario, or is that Baby Luigi?

Mister Apple said:
What the bloop
This is a brilliant phrase, and I will use it.
You can thank Mario Party 8. It's Birdo and Blooper's team name.

It's just Mario's face being ripped off, nothing to see except for his hat, pieces of his right sideburn, and I think that's a piece of his right ear?

There's a few other things I found when data mining the game...

The reason why computers fail to charge drifts now is because the mini-turbo charge time for them has been severely nerfed. It's 660 frames to charge SMT's for them, vs 260 or so for players (depends on mini turbo stat). If the game gets modded it will be the first thing I fix.

Also, the mini turbo stat has been buffed immensely. It now affects trick speed, trick boost time, mini turbo charge angle, charge time and more! Handling is still recommended for getting to that charge angle though.

And of course, the speed stat was buffed for lightweight players. The minimum speed is 7.45 vs 7.38 on Wii U, and goes up in increments of .25 instead of .3 units on Wii U. This means the lightest character with 10 coins = heaviest, fastest character with 2 coins.

Prima Guide said:
Here’s a little known fact: King Boo was once disqualified from a race for merely fazing through the course and heading directly to the finish line.
No wonder that effer wasn't in Mario Kart 7 or Mario Kart 8.

memoryman3 said:
There's a few other things I found when data mining the game...

The reason why computers fail to charge drifts now is because the mini-turbo charge time for them has been severely nerfed. It's 660 frames to charge SMT's for them, vs 260 or so for players (depends on mini turbo stat). If the game gets modded it will be the first thing I fix.

Also, the mini turbo stat has been buffed immensely. It now affects trick speed, trick boost time, mini turbo charge angle, charge time and more! Handling is still recommended for getting to that charge angle though.

And of course, the speed stat was buffed for lightweight players. The minimum speed is 7.45 vs 7.38 on Wii U, and goes up in increments of .25 instead of .3 units on Wii U. This means the lightest character with 10 coins = heaviest, fastest character with 2 coins.
Wow you already checked the tool Ray and I worked on? By the way, I'm still wondering if it is the soft drift angle that is influenced by the 3rd, 6th and 9th parameter, someone should test whether the soft drift angle changes between MT, SMT and UMT in the way indicated by those values. Also, those charging times are the max chaging times, when drifiting sharply the charging times are like one fifth of those values (something like 0.21).

From Mario Kart 8 to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. When you change the stats, you invalidate all Time Trials times, so you typically see these changes when you change the game altogether.
This is also why currently the wiki features only the in-game stats: the version of MK8D from which they were derived is not the current one, but since Time Trials times were not invalidated by the updates of MK8D, this means that the stats didn't change.

Mister Wu said:
since Time Trials times were not invalidated by the updates of MK8D, this means that the stats didn't change.
Not necessarily. In MK8, ghosts are saved in a different way (keyframed location, direction, speed, animation) than it was in previous games (button input), so a ghost doesn't change if the stats would be changed.

I don't see them doing it though as setting a new time would be unfair in both directions. But it's technically possible without breaking things.

Back