Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

J & Siph said:
BOTW Link shares the same character slot at Link on the CCS

Which makes the metals look worse because they could've easily been skins for Mario and Peach, but instead they take up slots. BotW Link does not.

Anyway, this content is nice and all, but a part of me was thinking "That's all?". At least there's hope for more later on down the road, but I still want Birdo.

new stuff's ok

*goes back to blue falcon/azure roller*

Cheeze said:
J & Siph said:

Which makes the metals look worse because they could've easily been skins for Mario and Peach, but instead they take up slots. BotW Link does not.

That's pretty much because Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach are much heavier than their normal counterparts.

They also have different voices and different animations.

If we are getting new content, then please for the love of God give us Diddy and Birdo. They're all this roster needs to be perfect.

Well that and Petey Piranha but I've given up on him coming back.

When Mario Kart 8 dropped I had two complaints. 1. Battle Mode and 2. the roster. Deluxe fixed the first one and almost got there for the second. An expansion with Birdo, Diddy, a few more popular characters, and some more iconic tracks revamped and you've pretty much got the perfect Mario Kart.

there's no perfect Mario Kart if Rosalina still has does , now outdated, awful voice clips so therefore MK8 will forever be trash and i want MK9.

I mean, i just hope legit DLC aside from this update comes next :)

Cheeze said:
J & Siph said:

I mean, after Mario Kart 8 Deluxe showed how many slots you can have and after Villagers have been split there, I don't think that "taking up slots" is a valid argument against characters that are added any longer - I personally never thought that in the first place, considering how Mario Kart 8 showed how characters with different stats could stay in the same slot.

Sadly, even with the new Breath of the Wild content, no amount of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe content will get me to ditch the original Wii U game. And besides, I've basically retired from online play after Miiverse closed up shop.

Also, it should probably be noted that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe does not remember which voice clips were played whenever you view your highlight reels. Compare that to Mario Kart 8, where the highlight reels remember exactly which voice clips were used during the race.

Mods are the only reason I play the Wii U version instead of the Switch. It feels too good to race on 7 laps with custom music, models, and voices.

MnSG said:
Also, it should probably be noted that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe does not remember which voice clips were played whenever you view your highlight reels. Compare that to Mario Kart 8, where the highlight reels remember exactly which voice clips were used during the race.

Glad I'm not the only one bothered by this. I still don't understand why it's like this in MK8DX. Is it a glitch that Nintendo has overlooked this entire time? It's a really jarring oddity if you ask me. Hearing Link go "HAAAA!" every time after getting a boost gets annoying fast.

Cheeze said:
Hearing Link go "HAAAA!" every time after getting a boost gets annoying fast.

I have my character yell loudly whenever he does a trick animation and it makes me giggle every time.

Pretty sure what you're referring to is not really a glitch, just an major oversight, considering replays just technically play the game with the data stored in them. It's the main reason your Smash 4 replays break after an update: the game is playing live, but with data from the recording: one time, at the end of the match, I saw the CPU opponent performed a different move in the replay than what he actually did.

Octo-nite8 said:
inb4 Toy-Con Steering Wheel support.

It won't be far off from the release of this Vehicle Kit: https://www.usgamer.net/articles/nintendo-labo-vehicle-kit-announced-price-plane-car-submarine

Thank you for reading.

I have a question here. So I just got all 150cc trophies, but now I'm wondering whether to work on Mirror or 200cc cups next. I know that 200cc is a big step up in speed, while Mirror is the same speed with mirrored courses. I feel like I should do 200cc first, but I'm really not sure which I should do first.

Kirby of the Stars said:
I have a question here. So I just got all 150cc trophies, but now I'm wondering whether to work on Mirror or 200cc cups next. I know that 200cc is a big step up in speed, while Mirror is the same speed with mirrored courses. I feel like I should do 200cc first, but I'm really not sure which I should do first.

Personally, I did the Mirror ones first since they are technically next on the list. The speed will at least allow you to adjust better, since it's the same as 150cc. I feel that 200cc requires different priorities, namely using your brakes and the fact that some levels feel different due to the extra speed, such as Mute City. Also, course difficulty seems to be proportionally based on the course, so easy courses like Mario Circuit will be easier, while tough courses like Neo Bowser City will be much tougher.

Thank you for reading.

Creature from the Depths of Hell Itself said:
Anyone else still play the Wii U version?
I have the Switch version, but I've barely ever touched it outside of Mario Awards. I just prefer the Wii U version for some reason despite it being objectively worse. I used to use the Switch version for DLC, but now that I have the DLC on Wii U (thanks, My Nintendo), I've used Deluxe even less.

Yes, I have a modded Wii U and I enjoy racing as Kirby on the Warp Star on a 3-lap race of N64 Rainbow Road, but even before I started using MK8 mods, Wii U was my go-to version.

Maybe I'm just biased toward the Wii U GamePad. Who knows.

I play the Wii U version on emulator occasionally, but other than that no.

as long as Super Mario 3D World remains an exclusive, i can still behave high and mighty because the game is really good.

Also, Wii U has a lot of potential once modded. You can play SNES, 64, GCN and Wii games along with Wii U ones all in 1 console.

That makes the console have more worth, so im glad i have mine.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I wouldn't call the Wii U version "objectively" worse when looking at the modding scene for it :P

8 Deluxe's modding tools are pretty much just as good as 8's. not sure if they got the music modding thing down as perfectly though, and not sure if hud elements can be changed yet like msbts and stuff.

yeah buuut i don't have my switch hacked so Wii U hacks are all I can use until there's no risk of a ban on the Switch (I won't be giving up online gameplay and the fact that I'm paying for it makes me even more scared to use mods)

Also afaik Fawful isn't ported to Switch yet sooo maybe if that happens I'll use mods after buying a new Switch with a throwaway account of course

Back