Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Well, this just happened.
[youtube]watch?v=jFyPy6fUaCs[/youtube]
Pretty cool and minor update. Especially since that game is on both consoles that Mario Kart 8 is on... even if it is called a little different on Switch.

Now there's a Breath of the Wild x Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I wonder if there would be a Super Mario Odyssey x Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? Playable Pauline...

And they should add Kirby...
I've been waiting 5 years for this, since the trailer that had Kirby riding on Rainbow Road.

Ah, man, I gave this game to nephew because I thought it would have no updates to the roster after launch, how wrong I was.

Well, at least I made him happy.

Well it was more than what I expected, but I didn't expect much to begin with. The bike, tires, and kite, probably won't use though.

I'm leaning costume because his voice and animations are shared with the original Link.

Alex95 said:
Darn, if only it was for the original Mario Kart 8, too... I get why it isn't though, but still.

They're not going to support a game on a dead system, really. Updates like this are just more persuasion techniques to go buy a Switch for it.

Cynical, yeah, but that's how it is.

I bet they'll release DLC content to coincide with the Switch online service. Give people some incentive to use it and also test servers.

Czario said:
Is it just me or does he still have his Skyward Sword voice?

That's because the other MK8 Link is Skyward Sword Link. Aka the one with the best derp faces imo.

But still, wow... I think I started leaning a bit towards Isabelle lately, but well, I'm maining Link again.

Though I have to say, Nintendo should have also included a BotW track, which would probably be the Great Plateau.

If anyone hasn't mentioned it yet, the Master Cycle Zero vehicle body drifts out. Also, when comparing its stats to the Master Cycle, it appears that the Master Cycle Zero has the same stats as the Tanooki Kart and Koopa Clown vehicle bodies.

Even though BOTW Link is a separate costume, you can still race against both of them as NPCs. I was going through 150cc Shell Cup with Lakitu, and both Link and BOTW Link appeared together. I guess they are being treated as Villager in this sense.

They are adding new content for this game. Let’s hope the trend continues. My gal Birdo has a chance. :birdo:

BOTW Link shares the same character slot at Link on the CCS, but he has a different character emblem, so I guess he's both an different character(ish) AND an alt costume.

I wonder if anyone else will get alt costumes.

Technically it's on the level of Metal Mario, Inklings, Yoshi and Shy Guy.

And like with Inkling's case, it's not just a mere palette swap.

I still wish characters like Koopa and Toad had a selection of color swaps too.

But man I actually tried that thing today and it was great despite it being mostly cosmetic changes. Must be the sound effects.

Also anyone realize that BotW Link's emblem is the Sheikah symbol.

Back