Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

that's just, like, your opinion, man.

he's more agile, and he carries objects in front of himself like diddy, offering a good protective layer from incoming enemies.

he may be there to substitute dk but he's more fun to play as.

Because he's a lame baby who plays exactly like DK.

Kiddy can't perform the Hand Slap, so that does set him apart from Donkey Kong.

yeah but havr you ever used the hand slap??? i love how kiddy is just inexplicably a giant ridiculously strong three year old its a funny contrast and hes cute which isnt something i can say about real life human babies

that's just, like, your opinion, man.

he's more agile, and he carries objects in front of himself like diddy, offering a good protective layer from incoming enemies.

he may be there to substitute dk but he's more fun to play as.

He's not really more agile, they just hadn't figured out how to DKC jumping perfectly till 2 and onwards. DK could have easily done all those things without being a shitty baby.

so, kiddy's more agile. dk could have been better than him, but he isn't.

I mean, he's especially not more agile if you take into account games that came later.

Plus I hate redundant characters, Kiddy is absolutely redundant.

those games aren't a good point of reference, are they? they're different games from what rareware made, and have differently adjusted mechanics. and kiddy hasn't appeared in those to confidently opine on how he woulda stacked up to dk there.

Just as Kiddy has differently adjusted mechanics due to it being the third game in the DKC series.

How would he fare? Probably about the same, because Kiddy is just a rubbish copy of DK that only exists to further give DK the shaft in the series he's supposed to be the title character of.

As always I am right. As is my birthright as king of the land of rightdom.

Now I just need to conquer the leftdom.

It actually feels weird that both Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong were not playable in DKC3. But seeing as Diddy would've had the same problems as Dixie when it comes to dealing with Krumples, I guess that could explain why Kiddy was introduced. Ironically, Diddy and Dixie would've easily defeated a Krumple the same way as they handled a Kruncha; team-up.

Kiddy has differently adjusted mechanics due to it being the third game

...you literally admitted that kiddy plays differently from dk after all, contradicting your original stance. DKC3's physics are derived from DKC's, so they're not all that different, and i went with the obvious premise that future games aren't in the same repertoire of the original trilogy.

i said "ok, mcmadness" because it wasn't really my intention to nourish a pointless argument around why i basically prefer DKC3's adjusted version of DK (in the context of the original trilogy, i should add now).

will not respond further. take it or leave it.

...you literally admitted that kiddy plays differently from dk after all, contradicting your original stance. DKC3's physics are derived from DKC's, so they're not all that different, and i went with the obvious premise that future games aren't in the same repertoire of the original trilogy.

i said "ok, mcmadness" because it wasn't really my intention to nourish a pointless argument around why i basically prefer DKC3's adjusted version of DK (in the context of the original trilogy, i should add now).

will not respond further. take it or leave it.

My original stance is that Kiddy plays differently only due to it being the third game DK could have easily been made to do all of the things Kiddy does, they fit the exact same character mold, except one is DK and one is a shitty baby, I may not have worded it properly but that has been my stance from the get go.

I thought we were friends Mcmadness 😭😭😭😭😭

I said he is a shitty baby, as in a baby that is shit, not that all babies are shit.

Now that I think about, Diddy and Dixie could've gained the ability to perform ground pounds, which would be strong enough to break through broken boardwalks, and defeat a Krumple. Of course, it would still be useless against Kuff 'n' Klout, and it doesn't change the fact that neither Diddy or Dixie can bounce on water (something that's unique to Kiddy).

If Donkey Kong is supposed to fulfill the role of a strong character, then what on Earth was Chunky Kong for???

the evidence speaks for itself, chunky is stronger than the strong man, so that makes him god obv

Reactions: zel
Several of the musical themes for the tropical courses in Mario Kart usually blend together. I know they have their differences, but I felt that courses like Koopa Beach, the Cheep Cheep course for the DS, and Water Park sounded very similar.

Thank you for reading.

Back