Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi add much needed diversity to a roster by virtue of being time paradoxes. I can say they're better additions than Spike or Chargin' Chuck.

plus playable babies/children!!!!

speaking of playable babies maybe they should start putting kiddy kong into games again
this is possibly an unpopular opinion on its own that i do happen to like kiddy, a lot

Sand Bird is one of the easier shines in Super Mario Sunshine

yea sand bird wasnt that bad as soon as i was told to stay on the neck when it rotates. theres definitely much (much) worse shines in the game
i dont think secret of the village underside (its the chuckster one) was that bad either. the biggest problem is mostly just the whole lot of waiting you have to do

The Sand Bird's just annoying with the physics, but I don't remember it being hard or infuriating. I remember staying at around the tail, but Super Mario Sunshine's just super finicky with slopes. It's like 45 degrees you're fine, but 46 degrees, you go skydiving to your death (Mario diving for his final falling moments is the only way he goes down). You just can't trust how slopes work in the game, and the games LOVES throwing tilting platforms at you.

Disliked the level, but I feel it's more out of strong initial disappointment of what it looked like. They build up so much to this majestic creature whose endangered by these monsters and the spectacular reward for getting it to hatch is... this pile of coarse and grainy crap??

800px-SandBird_SMSunshine.jpg

I had more of this in mind
800px-MGSR_Sacred_Flamebeast.png

Said no one ever though. I like to see a substantiation for that claim, might be an interesting argument.

Given the choice between 3D Land and Super Mario Bros. 3/World, I'd go for 3D Land to be quite honest.

World and 3 are fine games but nothing special nowadays
3D land is a lot more replayable imo

playing as a little cloud guy does indeed sound quire funky
i cant say anything more on the matter bc i havent played smrpg i cant say who deserves it more or less. but yeah

The Motion Controls for Super mario galaxy are amazing I actually don't see why poeple are complianing about it
(this is my opinion)

Dark Moon is easily better than its predecessor

Partners in Time is the worst of the Mario and Luigi games I can see why it did not get a remake
(that hurt me while I was typing it)

shut up no it's not it's the best rpg ever made

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is not as good as Paper Mario 64.

It's a good idea to have partners have their own health and feel more involved but there's a lot of design decisions that just irk me. Also I'm not a fan of Ecks Nauts and Lord Crump the Lame doesn't have the same clout as that little Jr. Troopa twerp. Lord Crump just doesn't stand out. His design is boring, looks too close to Sir Grodus and the Minions.

Also no spammable spindash as Mario walks so slow in that game, and I prefer the level progression in the first one where you just travel to parts of Toad Town. It's similar in the second one, yeah, but I found the whole map thing to get kinda repetitive.

WarioWare games are not worth more than 20 bucks, and this price would be pushing the limit hard.
EXACTLY! People keep saying that WarioWare games are packed with tons of content, but like, no they're not?

1628045771775.png

Some games are pretty content-packed if you're going for 100%, but most of them are short as hell.

They're still pretty darn good packages if I do say so. It's a really brisk pace for a game, but I feel it's really suitable considering the game design of these things. But you're probably correct in that it's not full price.

I mean I don't hate them or anything, I really like WarioWare Gold on the 3DS. I just don't think that $50 is worth it, so I'll wait for a sale.

Back