Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Pronouns
He/him
Mobius isn't a place and if there is already precedent for Mario being in actual cities way before Sonic Adventure was a thing, it's hardly a knock off.

Rosalina Swimwear

Blond Bombshell
Pronouns
He/him
Mobius isn't a place and if there is already precedent for Mario being in actual cities way before Sonic Adventure was a thing, it's hardly a knock off.
Mobius is realm/ dimension of anamorphic creatures battling Dr. Robotnik/ Eggman. Even the new Sonic movie showed there are other realms, Mobius is one of them.

Mcmadness

Pronouns
He/him
Mobius is a name the localization team for the original genesis game came up with for what was called earth for a while during the early to mid 2000s and is now called "sonic's world" by sega mandate nowadays.

Rosalina Swimwear

Blond Bombshell
Pronouns
He/him
Mobius is a name the localization team for the original genesis game came up with for what was called earth for a while during the early to mid 2000s and is now called "sonic's world" by sega mandate nowadays.
Ah but the first Sonic game was 1991, and SEGA was competing with Nintendo and the Mushroom Kingdom, so Sonic instead of Mario and Mobius instead of Mushroom Kingdom. In fact, the Archie Comics and the TV Series made it clear Mobius was a different Earth or dimension, with the Adventure/ Human world being elsewhere. The Sonic The Hedgehog 2020 film, Sonic 1996 film, Sonic X, and other games made it clear our earth is different from Mobius. Hence why stages are called Zones, like Mushroom Zone, which is another realm/ dimension/ world as seen in the new movie.

Mcmadness

Pronouns
He/him
I'm going to let you in on a little secret.

The cartoons, comics and movies all exist within their own continuities and are completely irrelevant to the games.

Striker Mario

You're gonna need a pair of balls AND ovaries
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Bazooka Mario
I always feel the New Donk is both a surprise factor and adds diversity to the types of species Mario encounters in his travels. Nintendo did plan more humans more in style with Mario but I think they really liked the juxtaposition of Mario and the realistic humans a lot, and I think it worked so well because people remember New Donk City a lot from both the trailer and playing the game.

I still like an idea of Metro style levels translated into a 2D Mario platformer in a similar way Kirby Planet Robobot did it.

Ultra Violet

Visible, purple, and does not cause sunburns.
Wiki Patroller
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
"Yoshis are expendable, they are not the stars of fucking games, okay?"

Mcmadness

Pronouns
He/him
The real star of Yoshi's island is the memories we got on the way.

SUper smaSh

If Mario were a lobster... how many shoes?
Pronouns
They/them
aaaaaaaaaaaa ;ksdajhf lksdj nvkjlzn klda
i love

Striker Mario

You're gonna need a pair of balls AND ovaries
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Bazooka Mario
New Super Mario Bros. 2 isn't a bad game by any means. It's just painfully standard for a game for its time. I still think it took what made New Super Mario Bros. games better than the classics and ran with it, but we expected a lot more, especially when New Super Mario Bros. was done TWICE already and not too long ago at the time.

The worst thing about it is its absolutely repulsive soundtrack that would be improved if it introduced a graceful, pirouetting jackhammer to your skull.

Road Runner

Mmm... donuts.
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
MightyMario
New Super Mario Bros. 2 isn't a bad game by any means. It's just painfully standard for a game for its time. I still think it took what made New Super Mario Bros. games better than the classics and ran with it, but we expected a lot more, especially when New Super Mario Bros. was done TWICE already and not too long ago at the time.

The worst thing about it is its absolutely repulsive soundtrack that would be improved if it introduced a graceful, pirouetting jackhammer to your skull.
I actually like the music, that’s an unpopular opinion.

SUper smaSh

If Mario were a lobster... how many shoes?
Pronouns
They/them
Yoshi is the best part of Super Mario Sunshine