Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

I love The Lost Levels.
Lost Levels is great. Yeah, it's brutal, but that fiendish level design is what makes it so fun. Could benefit a lot from a remake though, I'd love an All-Stars HD in fact.

Lost levels is hard, but it's its difficulty that makes it fun. Could just be me, but i love difficulty in games, hence why the challenges in nsmbu are some of the most fun i've ever had in a mario game

anyway to share my unpopular opinion, i don't like bikes in mario kart. I always go with karts and sometimes atvs in mk8 but i tend to avoid using bikes.

i'd love to finish the lost levels but it's so damn hard i just can't. i mean if i used save states i technically could eventually but that would take AGES and i don't have that much time. plus a lot of the difficulty comes from dated physics which makes it a bit frustrating

i dont think i could even beat smb1 without save states/rewinds without just being scared
Zelen Exposes Herself As A GotDam Coward And Bad At Video Game

I try not to use save states, but I end up getting so frustrated with the game that I just have to use them. I use them in NES games mostly, and I try to avoid using them in other games unless it's for saving the game progress until I continue playing.

Use savestates if it betters your enjoyment of the game, people. No reason to feel ashamed about it.

whilst both extremely high and extremely low difficulty tend to lower my opinion of a game, if it's a game that's generally somewhat easy vs one that's generally somewhat hard i'll generally pick the easy one. example would be galaxy 2 vs sunshine, even though sunshine isn't extremely hard i still find it a bit offputting whereas galaxy 2 though i do find it generally a bit easy at least for any% it's generally more enjoyable than being too hard. galaxy 1 is pushing it a bit more but i still love that game nontheless too.

If a game gets unfair and cheap, "cheating" becomes a justified course of action. Savestates also provide a quick way to experiment with the game without breaking anything.

And at the end of the day, you have the option to either use them or not. You wanna play with savestates? Do it. You don't want it? Then don't, all it takes is not pressing the button. It doesn't hurt anyone to use them.

I don't get why there's a stigma against playing games a certain way, if people enjoy playing a game that way, why stop them? They're having fun, and it doesn't affect you in the slightest that they're "cheating" or whatever you think it is, so there's no reason to care or make a deal out of it.

Yeah save states are kinda essental for me while play older games. A lot of them seem to be extremely difficult for the sake of having more play time dispite having little content.

Yeah save states are kinda essental for me while play older games. A lot of them seem to be extremely difficult for the sake of having more play time dispite having little content.
hmmm that does kinda make sense to me why going back in time generally presents me with higher difficulty games that i grew up with. or maybe it's just because i'm not adjusted to them lmao

It may be a course of action to take but it's still cheating. You won't beat it the way it was meant to be beaten. I never use save states which also uhh can lead to a lot of frustration, but I don't mind. You can also get better at playing the game or games in general this way.

I use rewind for a few games, and that included Lost Levels. I've tried to beat it without lives and with max lives (don't tell me that 1-1 koopa wasn't put there on purpose) and I got pretty far.

Also it's not cheating if you're playing alone. Get over it.

It is, like it or not. I'm not saying you shouldn't play it that way, but it is. Playing alone doesn't change the fact that you're playing with help of an emulator instead of beating it the og way.

I'm also not saying I've never used rewind in my life, but still. Good for you if you want to play it that way but it's still cheating technically speaking.

and i'm saying there's no rule on what's cheating or not, i am not a speedrunner, i play in the way that gives me the most enjoyment

Back